Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:40:21 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  PHANTASM SUCKS. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Author Topic: PHANTASM SUCKS.  (Read 39954 times)
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« on: June 30, 2007, 06:35:22 PM »

I dont think ive ever been so misslead in my whole life. Before I bought it and watched it today, I had heard nothing but GOOD thingS about this movie. Isnt this supposed to be a classic of its genre or something? Guys, its........BORING. With a NON-EXISTANT PLOT. I think I'd be more entertained watching mud dry!

So in conclusion, PHUCK PHANTASM. This one gets a skull. I want my 17 bucks back.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 06:39:55 PM by KYGOTC » Logged

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 06:36:35 PM »

I love this movie.  Shame on you!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Snivelly
Bad Movie Lover

....a heady mix of ignorance and enthusiasm.

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 06:47:30 PM »

KYGOTC, you didn't find it even the least bit funny?  Even back when I saw it as a kid, the clay-mation fly scene was a hoot.  I'm sorry you didn't like it, but hey, to each his own.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't the sport for you.
Evan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 06:50:52 PM »

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but could you please specify more on what you disliked about it? I thought the music, acting, story, and overall condition of the movie were great.
akiratubo

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 08:37:17 PM »

I don't know about KYGOTC, but my problem with Phantasm is that Coscarelli and co. just got together every so often and said, "Ok, what can we afford to film today?" until they decided they had enough for a movie.  The "it was all a dream" thing comes off more like a last-ditch attempt to justify the thrown-together feel of the film than something they had in mind all along.

The famous balls were hardly even in the movie and the famous Tall Man didn't do anything but glare at the camera and shout, "BOY!".

The only good thing about the movie was some of the music.

If I try really, really hard, I can imagine why some people would like it but Phantasm went straight from my DVD player to my "I'm Never Watching This Again" box of movies.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Menard
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 08:55:08 PM »

I dont think ive ever been so misslead in my whole life. Before I bought it and watched it today, I had heard nothing but GOOD thingS about this movie. Isnt this supposed to be a classic of its genre or something? Guys, its........BORING. With a NON-EXISTANT PLOT. I think I'd be more entertained watching mud dry!

So in conclusion, PHUCK PHANTASM. This one gets a skull. I want my 17 bucks back.

I never misled you.

I won't exactly say that it was boring, but it is certainly not the classic everybody pretends it is. It lacks much of a coherent plot and the sequels try to fill some of the gaping holes in the continuing story and fail.

The first one does have quite a few funny moments, a fast car, a car chase with a shotgun included, an ice cream man (okay, I really don't know what that means myself), a tall man who likes to say 'boy' a lot (and no, I'm not going there), a funky fly, and...oh...let's not forget...stainless steel balls. Those elements may add up for an interesting movie, but they certainly don't equal either a good one or a classic; and I could understand if you were expecting it to be either, that your disappointment was greater than if you had not been misled.

Now you'll have to go right back to disagreeing with me again
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 09:19:51 PM by Menard » Logged
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 09:13:13 PM »

I didn't think the first one was to hot either...I enjoyed the follow up's MUCH more!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007, 09:41:42 PM »

While the sequels are much better, the original is a classic in my book.  Admittedly, I also hated it my first time around.  I rented it on VHS after reading so many good things about it, and it was a HUGE letdown.  I eventually picked it up on DVD when they first came into vogue and enjoyed it much more.  If you go into it without any real expectations, then it's a hell of a fun film.  There is a certain cheesyness to it that is hard to resist.  Not only that, but the Tall Man is one of the greatest villains in horror history.

I love the film, but as I said, it's not that great.  It's just....fun.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
KYGOTC

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2007, 12:30:27 AM »

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but could you please specify more on what you disliked about it? I thought the music, acting, story, and overall condition of the movie were great.

Hey! Who un-karmaified me? I FEEL SUCH ANGST!!

Eh, the writing was lame, Nothing was ever fully explained, (who the tall man was, why he was doing what he was, ect.) It was choppy, It was sslllloooooooowwww, and ill never get over the part when they pull the little boy out from the portal after he saw all the hooded thingies and he imedietly knows whats going on and how to defeat them and he explains all this crazy stuff to the guys and they say "OF COURSE! ITS SO OBVIOUS!"
Ach!! And I completely understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I wasnt trying to push my opinions all over everyone else. Soory 'bout that my friend! Cheers

Menard
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2007, 12:39:51 AM »

Hey! Who un-karmaified me?

My guess would be the same little p***y who just did it to me. Seems like they need to chill out in the same asylum with the Zardoz nuts.
KYGOTC

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2007, 12:56:59 AM »

My guess would be the same little p***y who just did it to me. Seems like they need to chill out in the same asylum with the Zardoz nuts.

Fear not! I have RESTORED you! (heh heh, "Zardoz".)

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2007, 06:42:25 AM »

Hmmm. They hit me too. Hmmm. Let's see if I can make him do it again. PHANTASM is the most overated piece of s**t film in the universe! Iv'e had hangovers,where I have headaches,the sh1ts,and puking all over my kneecaps while sitting on the toilet,which was much more interesting and exciting! At least that s an expeiriance I won't soon forget,unlike the snoorefest that is PHANTASM!....Now...I wait and see!!!  Drink

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Menard
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2007, 07:03:37 AM »

Hmmm. They hit me too. Hmmm. Let's see if I can make him do it again.

We might need to call to him first to get his attention.

here...p***y, p***y, p***y

here...p***y, p***y, p***y

I hope he can hear me from that corner he's cowering in.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2007, 07:32:25 AM »

Hmmm. If someones going to f%ck me...the should at least have the balls to say why....obviously some body has no class. Or maybe they are afraid I'll de-karma them. I won't-"Hey! LOOK! I'M un armed! C'mon out! " Ah...screw him. IHmmm...lets try some more anti PHANTASM  baiting...."PHANTASM sucks buttermilk up the a$$!  I would rather watch  roadkill rot...at least It smells better than this movie! Watching a toothless women eat apples is much scarier than this! " Ehhh...I wait more.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Evan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2007, 11:10:49 AM »

Hey! Who un-karmaified me? I FEEL SUCH ANGST!!

Eh, the writing was lame, Nothing was ever fully explained, (who the tall man was, why he was doing what he was, ect.) It was choppy, It was sslllloooooooowwww, and ill never get over the part when they pull the little boy out from the portal after he saw all the hooded thingies and he imedietly knows whats going on and how to defeat them and he explains all this crazy stuff to the guys and they say "OF COURSE! ITS SO OBVIOUS!"
Ach!! And I completely understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I wasnt trying to push my opinions all over everyone else. Soory 'bout that my friend! Cheers

Now that you pointed those out, I do see what you mean. I still need to see the sequels and the first may suck in comparison. And about the whole karma thing, I exalted all three of ya guys just for watching Phantasm.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  PHANTASM SUCKS. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.