Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:55:21 PM
712921 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Transformers: The Movie « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Transformers: The Movie  (Read 54821 times)
Kooshmeister
The King of Koosh!
Bad Movie Lover

Must have caffeine...

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2007, 06:35:38 AM »

Boy, reading the review at B-Movie Film Vault left me feeling a little cold after the little rant about "how lame" Perceptor is. Man, doesn't anyone like that poor guy? I've always liked him because I liked Paul Eiding's voice, and it never fails to make me sad how often Perceptor gets needlessly picked on. I guess the episode of the show that was all about how he could be useful to the group in ways besides fighting went over a lot of people's heads.

(I would've posted mention of this in the B-Movie Film Vault's forums, but I'm not a member there, and I don't wanna join just to post a complaint about someone else's opinion of a character.)

Anyway, that aside, I wanna say I enjoyed both reviews otherwise. I'm not a big Transformers fan one way or the other. I did grow up watching the movie, though, and still have my original Betamax copy of it around here somewhere, taped along with the pilot episode for the series and the Go-Bots movie, which I would watch all the time as a kid. Now, sadly, our Beta machine is long since broken and I can't watch it anymore. I so need to get off my butt and go buy the new DVD. I almost got it a couple of months ago, but passed it up to buy more Star Wars figures. I don't exactly regret the decision, but I do wish I could've gotten both!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 06:40:00 AM by Kooshmeister » Logged
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2007, 09:59:00 PM »

A friend of mine got me the 20th anniversay edition for my birthday however the 1st disc was scratched really bad when I opened it up. The disc had come loose and it skipped a bit when I was playing it.

they didn't have anymore in stock at Best Buy at the moment so I got a gift card instead.  I might just order it off of their web site at some point.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2007, 12:44:25 PM »

Kooshmeister:
    First off, sorry if my Perceptor-hatin' left you a little cold. That was not my intention. I was hoping that someone would get a laugh out of it, so I apologize. (However, I still do think he's pretty lame.  Wink )

Secondly, I wish you did sign up in my forums to debate with me. I need more posters! If you want to rant or argue something, then by all means, come on over to the It Came From the Vault Forums and let me know.  TeddyR

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
Kooshmeister
The King of Koosh!
Bad Movie Lover

Must have caffeine...

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2007, 02:27:49 AM »

Kooshmeister:
    First off, sorry if my Perceptor-hatin' left you a little cold. That was not my intention. I was hoping that someone would get a laugh out of it, so I apologize. (However, I still do think he's pretty lame.  Wink )

Well, he's the geeky tech dude, he's supposed to be lame. ;)

Secondly, I wish you did sign up in my forums to debate with me. I need more posters! If you want to rant or argue something, then by all means, come on over to the It Came From the Vault Forums and let me know.  TeddyR

I may just do that. :)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2007, 10:29:39 PM »

Ah. Transformers.

I remember this.

And Weird Al was featured in the movie.  Kinda.  Dare To Be Stupid was played in a scene

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2007, 07:50:25 PM »

After watching Michael Bay's ho-hum film, I felt a need to rewatch this the other day.  Perhaps the most shocking aspect, as Andrew talked about in the review, is the violence factor.  I did not see this film right away when it came out but I do recall my friends saying "this tranformer died, that trasnformer died" and the shock I felt.  The film also has the word "sh*t" in it.  So in a sense, the film was quite ballsy for a movie kids would drag their parents to see. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Giant Claw Jr
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2008, 12:36:32 AM »

They made a sequel THE RETURN OF OPIMUS PRIME where some crazed guys discover a spore that cuases hatred of others he want to use on the transformers after his dughter is crippled by a attack they find optimus prime floating in a old space craft and the spore come with it they then must get the quintisons to restore otimus prime to life and SKYLYNX was sort of part bird part cat and part space shuttle
Giant Claw Jr
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2008, 12:32:35 AM »

Wreckgar was always talking Tv becuase of picking up old TV signals i mean HE,S DEAD JIM,IM A DOCTOR NOT A FORKLIFT,DANGER DANGER WILL ROBINSON, and WHEEL was the little buddy of the DYNOBOTS
Gord
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2008, 02:56:55 PM »

Hehe did anyone catch that the title song is the same one that Dirk Diggler & his friend were recording in 'Boogie Nights' ? Only difference being that the guy singing the theme song is one hell of a lot better than Dirk was (oddly enough Mark Wahlberg said it was hard to sing 'bad' in 'Boogie Nights' - he had always been a good singer so to sing off-key was new to him).
Thee Dr.
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2008, 03:08:57 AM »

For all it's faults, it was still better than the 'G.I. Joe' movie-it answered a lot of questions..plus, Night Ranger on the soundtrack?-BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Giant Claw Jr
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2008, 11:40:35 PM »

The DIONBOTS could be like a bunch of kids at times i mean househousing around and their little buddy WHEELIE he carried a slingshot and was a bit like a little boy and did you ever see THE RETURN OF OPIMUS PRIME? where RODIMUS PRIME sends SKYLYNX to resuce a QUINTISON so they could restore opimus prime to life and the TERRORCONS
Opticon
New Visitor

Message from Opticon...

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2008, 10:52:32 PM »

"I have been trying the universal greeting on people for years. Out of the blue, I peer at them intently and say, "Bah weep graaagnah wheep ni ni bong." They either stare at me like I am a nut or else their eyes light up and they laugh out loud. "

BounceGiggle I have done this myself so many times. It's become my standard greeting whenever I'm ant a Con or visiting a Comic or movie shop for the first time. If I get the later response I know I'm in the right place.  Glad to know I'm not the only one that dose it.  Thumbup to you.

I was always shocked at the amount of violence in this movie compared to the cartoon. I was 8 when I saw it in the theaters, I remember when Prime died some of the kids started crying. I was just kept thinking he's the main guy, the Big Bot they have to bring him back at the end, and when that didn't happen I was shocked and a little sad myself. Bluesad
bmwery
New Visitor

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2013, 05:17:33 PM »

I went to the cinema to watch this and loved it, I brought it on VHS when it came out and watched it to death and when it came out on DVD I brought that too.  when my little girl is old enough we are going to watch it together, much better than the Transformer films done by Michael Bay
Bob Freely
New Visitor

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2023, 09:47:46 PM »

After watching Michael Bay's ho-hum film, I felt a need to rewatch this the other day.  Perhaps the most shocking aspect, as Andrew talked about in the review, is the violence factor.  I did not see this film right away when it came out but I do recall my friends saying "this tranformer died, that trasnformer died" and the shock I felt.  The film also has the word "sh*t" in it.  So in a sense, the film was quite ballsy for a movie kids would drag their parents to see. 
I

And also "Dammit, OPEN!" when Ultra Magnus is trying to use the Matrix, so two swear words. I was maybe 16-17 when I saw it in theatres so the violence and deaths didn't have quite the shock impact on me that it might have had  on the younger crowd. Plus I'd seen the Hot Rod and Rodimus Prime toys and put two and two together, so I wasn't surprised when Prime actually died.

Fun fact about Ultra Magnus: Ever wonder about that "White Prime" business with a white colored duplicate of Optimus being part of the toy? Well, in the Diaclone Japanese toy line, where Optimus is known as Convoy, that figure is actually meant to be an upgrade of the Convoy figure - in other words, it looks like Prime because it was supposed to BE Prime. So even though Hasbro was discontinuing the original Optimus toy, they could have kept the character around rather than killing him by simply giving Optimus an upgrade in the movie and saying the toy we call Ultra Magnus was Prime's new form. Instead, for some reason they made Ultra Magnus a separate character - go figure.  Lookingup
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Transformers: The Movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.