Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:11:55 PM
714415 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  All Hell done broke loose? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: All Hell done broke loose?  (Read 10246 times)
Susan
« on: July 05, 2007, 09:43:09 PM »

One crazy Spring

I've had more good and bad things happen in the past month or so than in a long, long time. My sister-in law said there's some astronomy alignment that hasn't happened in a bajillion years that is supposed to bring bad luck between specific dates i can't remember june-july.

It all started on friday the 13th of april

1. Friday the 13th, went out. got plastered, and nearly got killed when tornadoes were surrounding the immediate area of the bar we were in a severe tornado outbreak. Drove home in hail and rain and found out my uncle died unexpectedly
2. Got pulled over by a cop for stupid reason
3. Briefly got some kind of crazy skin eczema on my eyelids
4. Found out two differnet family members are divorcing which is very uncommon in my family, if not completely unheard of. One of them being my brother
5. Won $100 gift card from my apt for renewing my lease
6. Family dog died
7. Had my supervisor repremand me for something that wasn't even wrong, then elude that i may lose my job
8. got asked out by my best friends brother ;-/
9. got a big and completely unexpected promotion. In fact i found out about it when someone noticed online my title had changed. i hadn't a clue
10. lost my internet connection for a week. Thanks verizon!
11. Meanwhile did i mention i live in dallas where it's flooding? Send me a boat. And see #12 because it gets even better.
12.Last week my ceiling collapsed. A 4 foot panel dropped open like a freaking door into my attack and dumped everything including fiberglass, wood and crap into my living room. Management stapled a bag over the hole and said that they'll try to fix it when it stops raining. Which btw is occuring in my living room with frequency
13. Forecast for rain is at LEAST for the next WEEK. We've had it every single day for a month consecutive..torrential rains
14. My parents bought me a LCD tv as a suprise today. Holy crap! I've had nothing but cheap little 15 inch tv's my whole life, guess they felt sorry for all my bad luck.  Discounted price, but score one for mom and dad

Tomorrow i'm going out for beers. pray for me
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 09:51:48 PM by Susan » Logged
Menard
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 11:06:35 PM »

You just need to leave Texas; bad things happen there.

I would try to make you feel better by telling you what has happened to me over the past two years, but it wouldn't help me feel any better; besides, this is your thread anyway.

Quote from: Susan
got asked out by my best friends brother ;-/

That bad, or you just don't date your best friend's brother?
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 05:28:08 AM »

You just need to leave Texas; bad things happen there.

I'll say...

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
raj
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 08:10:41 AM »

Sorry to hear about your dog, Susan.

That's the one drawback to dogs -- they don't live long enough. Bluesad
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 09:31:23 AM »

Thanks Susan! After reading about your bad luck I feel pretty good my life.  I agree with the guys about Texas, leave as fast as you can! I've lived there twice (Ft. Worth, Houston) and neither was a good experience.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 11:02:27 AM »

Susan, perhaps it is time you started going to church?

In all seriousness, an awful lot of your troubles seem to be the weather.  Have you lived there long?  Do you always get crazy weather?

Look at it this way, surely it cannot get much worse?  (What was it that Nathan said about eating a toad for breakfast in that other thread?) 

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 11:08:42 AM »

I agree with the crowd, its gotta be Texas.  Come somewhere there is less dust and sun.  I fully recommend fog.
But then I'm funny that way...how abouts omehwere the vegetationis actually green?  The best thing I did was leave Wyoming. 
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 11:14:40 AM »

Be thankful for the rain, while I was reading your post we had a minor earthquake, the table began to vibrate and the walls made a creeking noise. My thoughts, is the bigger one coming or was that it?  Buggedout Smile

Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...  
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 04:53:45 PM »

WHOAH! And I thought my day was bad?! My condolences about your uncle and your dog. To state everybody else maybe you should move to a different location. I'd suggest Michigan but it's so boring here it's hellish.
Menard
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007, 05:32:21 PM »

My thoughts, is the bigger one coming or was that it?

Was that your thoughts toward the earthquake or toward Dennis? BounceGiggle
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2007, 05:33:19 PM »

I'd suggest Michigan but it's so boring here it's hellish.

Thats no lie! And it's cold in winter. And the job situation sucks. If you like to sit around and fish.it's good. Oh yeah...if your a meth freak...you'd feel right at home,because around where I'm living,a meth lab explodes every other day.(no lie.)

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2007, 09:26:08 PM »

Ha! Like anywhere else can compare to living in rural Newfoundland in terms of sheer boredom, severe winters and a constantly declining youth population. But hey, I actually love the place.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2007, 10:42:57 PM »

My thoughts, is the bigger one coming or was that it?

Was that your thoughts toward the earthquake or toward Dennis? BounceGiggle
Menard.....Menard.....Menard... BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...  
Susan
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2007, 06:24:30 PM »

Susan, perhaps it is time you started going to church?

In all seriousness, an awful lot of your troubles seem to be the weather.  Have you lived there long?  Do you always get crazy weather?

Look at it this way, surely it cannot get much worse?  (What was it that Nathan said about eating a toad for breakfast in that other thread?) 

church? I'm already going to hell for owning half the movies i do ;-)
I've lived here since i was 10, and while we do have crazy weather you easily acclimate. I've lived through tornadoes, hail, heat, but the rain only gets me because it's raining in my living room!  I've actually seen worse weather in other places i lived. Dust storms and heat in Arizona, Typhoon Irma in the Philippines along with earthquakes there as well. Crazy snow in Germany.

There's actually more that i decided to keep from posting here, just amazingly ridiculous past few months it's been.

hmm, toads in an omelette
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2007, 09:11:24 PM »

I'd suggest Michigan but it's so boring here it's hellish.

Thats no lie! And it's cold in winter. And the job situation sucks. If you like to sit around and fish.it's good. Oh yeah...if your a meth freak...you'd feel right at home,because around where I'm living,a meth lab explodes every other day.(no lie.)

I actually like the cold weather(one of the very few things i like around here.). Otherwise I agree with you. But, I don't remember any meth labs blowing up near me though.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  All Hell done broke loose? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.