Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:21:23 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Dawn Of The Dead Ultimate Edition - 19.99 at Amazon! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dawn Of The Dead Ultimate Edition - 19.99 at Amazon!  (Read 7802 times)
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« on: July 02, 2007, 11:15:20 AM »

Amazon has the Ultimate Edition of Dawn Of The Dead for 19 bucks.  This thing was around 40 when it was first released.  It's four discs and every version of Dawn that you could want.

The Amazon link is:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002IQNAG?ie=UTF8&tag=badmoviesorg&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B0002IQNAG

*Andrew - if you want, feel free to edit the link in a way that would give back some to badmovies.org as a referral.  I'm not quite sure how to do so.*

Andrew:  Done

« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 11:18:29 AM by Andrew » Logged

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 11:19:55 AM »

Great googly-moogly (how do you spell that?) I am going to have to buy that one.  I'd held off on buying it, hoping that would be the case.  The version I have is the Anchor Bay Anniversary Edition.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 11:30:14 AM »

I'm with you Andrew.  I have the Divimax release that came out a few years ago.  I've been dying for this set, but the price was way too steep.  Can't believe it's only 20 or so now.  Can't wait to see Argento's version and to dive into all of those special features.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 11:40:22 PM »

Ouch. I payed full price when it came out (unlike you guys, I can never wait to own some of these movies) but this super low price is a bit suspicious.... hmm.... methinks Anchor Bay is prepping to re-re-re-release "Dawn in the Dead." But how they can make anything better than this 4-disc ultimate edition?!

For those of yo who don't own this set yet, pick it up. It's a beautiful thing that you should have to love and to cherish. I went through everything on the discs after I got it during its initial release and I have to say that the extended cut is probably my preferred version of the film. I'm not a fan of Argento's cut at all. TongueOut

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 06:02:23 AM »

Hmmm . . . when I clicked on the link it said the price is $32.49 and the "new and used" link had some new copies listed from about $27.00 and up if you include shipping.

Anyway, I bought this set when it was first released and I found the U.S. theatrical version to be my favorite cut of the film.  I especially liked the way they used the Goblin soundtrack in that film.  The other versions use the same music, but it is not edited into the soundtrack the same way as the U.S. theatrical cut.  I think that version has the best use of the music in certain scenes.  Like when they are lowering all the gates in the mall and you just hear the heartbeat style "ba-bump, ba-bump, ba-bump" on the soundtrack.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 09:26:37 AM »

hmm.... methinks Anchor Bay is prepping to re-re-re-release "Dawn in the Dead." But how they can make anything better than this 4-disc ultimate edition?!
Put in the remake and the Japanese cut. TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 10:32:11 AM »

Hmmm . . . when I clicked on the link it said the price is $32.49 and the "new and used" link had some new copies listed from about $27.00 and up if you include shipping.

Curses!  It looks like that price was a limited sale or a mistake.  That will teach me not to order right away; I was planning on doing an order this weekend or so and had put it off.  Argh!

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 12:22:44 PM »

Mr Briggs: OOooooohhh.... the Japanese cut would be very cool. I've never seen it. I doubt the remake would be included. Universal owns the rights and tends to be super-overprotective of their properties.

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 03:37:26 PM »

I'm not sure if it was a sale or a typo, but my copy came in today and it was only 20 not including the shipping and handling.

I have to say that I'm extremely impressed with the set.  It's gorgeous and seems to be loaded with special features.  I'm trying to make a goal of watching all of the documentaries by the end of tonight.  So far, it seems to be worth the money for the documentaries alone.  I'm a sucker for a good doc especially when it's about something I love as much as Dawn.

Too bad Amazon raised the price.  Bluesad  This was an awesome deal.

DodgingGrunge
Bad Movie Lover

Consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds.

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007, 04:05:30 PM »

The Romero zombie films are plagued with re x 10100-releases.  It seems every time I purchase this or that ultimate edition, something else is released.  But this set really goes above and beyond anything I've ever seen.  There's no way to top it, short of having Tom Savini personally deliver each copy.  A lot of multi-disc sets could have been released on a single-disc; they spread themselves thin.  This edition, however, fully justifies its volume.  It contains the three main versions of the film, each beautifully restored, each with different commentaries and bonuses.  It has gathered every little Dawn featurette from every other release for inclusion, including Document of the Dead.  Hell, it even comes with a mini version of the comic book spinoff.  Well worth the $40ish.

Really, the only other conceivable reissue would be a format change, BluRay or the like.

++josh;
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2007, 10:11:30 PM »

WTF it's $32 ... damn must of been a special... oh well snooze and lose.

Torgo

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2007, 10:16:34 PM »

I bought mine the day it came out.  I think I paid 29.99 if my memory serves me correctly.

worth every penny!

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Dawn Of The Dead Ultimate Edition - 19.99 at Amazon! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.