Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:28:52 PM
714450 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Do NOT See RETURN IN RED!!! Please, no, DON'T . . . . . . « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do NOT See RETURN IN RED!!! Please, no, DON'T . . . . . .  (Read 1271 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: July 11, 2007, 07:46:51 AM »

I'm browsing the shelves at Hastings and spot this obscure horror title I've never seen before, directed by Tyler Tharpe, called RETURN IN RED.  I read the back of the box - "secret government experiments on the population of a small town cause mayhem" - and decided to give it a whirl.

BIG MISTAKE!!

(What follows might normally be termed "spoilers", but you can't possibly spoil something this rotten to begin with!)

What can you reasonably expect from a horror movie that begins with a quote from Zbignew Brezinski?  (For those under 40, he was Jimmy Carter's National Security Advisor.)  Apparently certain forms of ultrasonic sound can pretty well scramble the human brain.  So a mysterious blue van shows up in this small Midwest town, opens its cargo door, points a radar dish at random dwellings, and lets out its signal.  You never see who is in the van or get a word of explanation WHY they are doing this.  What you do get is a bunch of pointless dialogue between the most wooden characters I've ever seen, interspersed with footage of this van.  A girl and a young kid are kidnapped by men in black, but you aren't told why, and you neither see nor hear them tell what is done to them.  Finally, some workers at the local factory go nuts and start killing each other.  The "death by forklift" scene is the ONLY bit of real gore in the film, and not only is there no nudity at all, there are no female characters that anyone in his right mind would WANT to see nude.  This is perhaps the biggest waste of $3.50 I have ever spent.  If, after reading all this, you still have a repressed desire to see this movie, save yourself!!! Take a salad fork and gouge your eyes out!   hot

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 10:40:53 AM »

What? No nudity!!! It should have never been made in the first place! What good is a horror without some assorted boobs bouncing around.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 01:18:55 PM »

Cameron Diaz in a Spandex thong couldn't have redeemed this movie!!!  My head is still spinning from its awfulness!   Twirling 
 But that's OK - I rented something called "Mummy Maniac" for tonight's Bad Movie hour!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

It's neVer over!

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 03:35:20 PM »

What? No nudity!!! It should have never been made in the first place! What good is a horror without some assorted boobs bouncing around.
Waxwork! HOUSE!!! Hatred

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 06:16:31 AM »

i dont think HOUSE needed it, but i would have like to see his neighbors funbags.

and not Norm from cheers!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Do NOT See RETURN IN RED!!! Please, no, DON'T . . . . . . « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.