Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:25:13 PM
714447 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  DEAD ACTORS (MANY OF THEM YOUR B-MOVIE FAVORITES!)- - interesting website « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DEAD ACTORS (MANY OF THEM YOUR B-MOVIE FAVORITES!)- - interesting website  (Read 2637 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: July 24, 2007, 06:15:15 AM »

Many of you probably already know about this one, but I just stumbled upon it and thought it was pretty interesting:

www.briansdriveintheater.com/dead.html

Things I didn't realize:

* Andy Milligan died of an AIDS-related illness

* Victor Mature, Doris Wishman, and George Nader died only a few years ago

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
telegonus
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 09:36:08 AM »

Wasn't Milligan one of the British "Goons"? I vaguey remember him from some grainy black and white film from years ago.

Mature was a childhood favorite of mine (go figure). He anchored those sword and sandal films with his massive presence. Not the most expressive of actors, which is putting it mildly, he was appealing to some, a cigar store Indian to others. He had a certain something, though, as can be seen in My Darling Clementine, Kiss Of Death and his "Demetrius" pictures, The Robe and Demetrius and the Gladiators.

George Nader runs hot and cold with me. He was alright when well cast; was better than the capable and energetic Tony Curtis in Six Bridges To Cross. In more typical leading man roles I found him less than thrilling; a pleasing presence, he could project integrity in the right part quite nicely and was sort of a B Gregory Peck or Henry Fonda in this regard, though less skillful.

Thanks for the memories!
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 10:23:36 AM »

Wasn't Milligan one of the British "Goons"?

I believe you're thinking of musician/writer/comedian Spike Milligan, who was indeed one of the creators of the hilarious BBC Radio series The Goon Show. He died in 2002. He's the Wikipedia page on him:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spike_Milligan

**************************************************************************************

Andy Milligan was a Staten Island-based film maker who directed/wrote/edited and pretty much every thing else a string of infamously bad films, including THE GHASTLY ONES, TORTURE DUNGEON, THE MAN WITH TWO HEADS, and THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!, from the 60s to the 80s. He did make a few films in England (BLOODTHIRSTY BUTCHERS,  THE BODY BENEATH) which are just as bad as his U.S. films.

Many of his films are now considered lost, which probably makes him the most contemporary fairly well-known film maker to have a bunch of their films lost to history. If this is a bad thing or not is certainly debatable. I for one would love the chance to see THE NAKED WITCH (1964).

See my signature for a comment on his fans.

Probably a fitting epitath for Andy Milligan is not "R.I.P." but "God Grant He Lie Still".

Here's an interesting article on ol' "Capt'n Andy".

PART ONE: http://www.horror-wood.com/milligan.htm

PART TWO: http://www.horror-wood.com/andym.htm

« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 10:31:36 AM by Raffine » Logged

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 06:15:27 PM »

THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!

No.  NO!  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  DEAD ACTORS (MANY OF THEM YOUR B-MOVIE FAVORITES!)- - interesting website « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.