Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:49:47 AM
714439 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A movie that's bad because it overexaggerates « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: A movie that's bad because it overexaggerates  (Read 11558 times)
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2007, 02:16:54 PM »

Rosemary's Baby, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Dirty Harry, All Star Wars films, Bridges of Madison County, Minority Report, Logan's Run, Xanadu, Battle Beyond the Stars, just to name a few.

Do you like these movies because you feel there are no mistakes in them or do you like them despite the mistakes?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 02:19:48 PM by Raffine » Logged

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2007, 02:27:06 PM »

I take from that response yer probly from the Southwest.

Alaska. I did spend 3+ years stationed in central Texas, , couldn't find a decent Mexican or Tex-Mex restaraunt to save my life. We used to joke about how Taco Bell was the best restaraunt in town, and when people would say "But that's not authentic mexican", We'd say "What do you think those people making your tacos are, Czeckloslovakian?".

We did often eat at this one hole-in-the-wall called "mission taco" or something like that. 3 Tacos for $1.00, or 5 Burritos for $2.00. They were small, but good. I leaned inside to see how they made them so cheap, and I kid you not, the ingredients came out of a giant caulking-gun looking thing, about 2 foot long and about 6 inches in diameter. I watched a guy fill 100 taco shells in about 40 seconds with it. I always wondered why sometimes the meat was on top and the lettuce/tomatoes/onions were on bottom.  It was really good at the end of a night of drinking, I used to wolf down a couple dozen on a good night.

Still, I know 4 restaraunts in Alaska that make WAY better fijitas than anywhere I found in Texas, even after almost 3 years of trying to find the best.

BTW, it wasn't Taco Day, , it was some weird roast-beef/gravy/mashed potato thing, , weird. . I'm kinda bummed. .

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2007, 03:51:44 PM »

Rosemary's Baby, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Dirty Harry, All Star Wars films, Bridges of Madison County, Minority Report, Logan's Run, Xanadu, Battle Beyond the Stars, just to name a few.

Do you like these movies because you feel there are no mistakes in them or do you like them despite the mistakes?

The latter is my answer.  I have seen Rosemary's Baby hundreds of times.  I feel that is Mia Farrow's best performance.  It has too few reality flaws for me to write a post on.  The one thing I disagree with is the fact it's labeled as a horror flick.   It looks more like a thriller to me.

Again, thank you for your question.   TeddyR

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
Menard
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2007, 06:46:34 PM »

It seems you totally miss the point.

I didn't miss any point. You're a moron; I got that on the first reading.

I will not dignify that with a response.

Odd that you use the term 'dignify', as there is nothing dignified about you or anything you have ever written.

How can something that makes jokes about the deaths of real people even begin to fathom the term 'dignify'?

I don't know why the others bother to reply to you as though you were a thinking, feeling person, as that is beyond your capabilities.

You know what gives me a hard-on Wee Willy?

Abusing pussies like you; and it is getting real hard just thinking about it.

Go ahead; bend over, if you dare.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2007, 07:12:40 PM »

Let's not resort of personal insults.  He may have done so before, but I do not equate WyreWizard with someone who is just plain insulting.  What he does is post opinions that are completely opposite of many, then add reasons why (which are also the complete opposite of many).

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Menard
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2007, 07:24:18 PM »

Let's not resort of personal insults.  He may have done so before, but I do not equate WyreWizard with someone who is just plain insulting.  What he does is post opinions that are completely opposite of many, then add reasons why (which are also the complete opposite of many).

Nah, he just comes on to bait.

Besides, everything I have said is probably the most complimentary thing his sparkling personality has earned him lately.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A movie that's bad because it overexaggerates « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.