Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:13:43 PM
714407 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  UFO sightings bring town to a standstill « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UFO sightings bring town to a standstill  (Read 5144 times)
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« on: July 25, 2007, 11:49:51 PM »

A crowd of 100 stunned stargazers brought a town center to a standstill when five mysterious UFOs were spotted hovering in the sky.

Drinkers spilled out of pubs, motorists stopped to gawk and camera phones were aimed upwards as the five orbs, in a seeming formation, hovered above Stratford-Upon-Avon for half an hour.

The unidentified flying objects lit up the otherwise clear night sky above Shakespeare's birthplace in Warwickshire on Saturday.

MORE ...

So are we being visited from another world? Or is can it be explained away?

Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 01:11:47 PM »

I spend a lot of time looking at the night sky (amateur astronomer) and these lights could be anything from chem lights in helium balloons that are tied together, to a formation of alien spacecraft, there's just no way to tell from the picture. What the picture does show is something in the night sky that is very odd, something that shouldn't be there. They're exactly what the witnesses said they are, lights in the sky, unidentified flying objects, no more, no less. What has always amazed me about this kind of thing is that there is one group of people who will say that these are in fact otherworldly spacecraft, and another group of people who won't even look at the picture before telling the rest of us that this is swamp gas or weather balloons. If you tell people you are interested in UFOs they either think you're joking or that you're a member of the lunatic fringe, but if you think about it there is a small amount of sightings that can't really be explained away by weather ballons, swamp gas, satellites etc.

For those who are interested it is very easy to spot satellites as they fly overhead. Once it's full night find a comfortable spot outside away from any lights and look up at the stars, you don't need a telescope or even binoculars, what you will see sooner or later is a moving light high up in the sky, usually moving from north to south,  looks like a small star, moving to fast to be a plane, it will sort of fade out as it passes into the earth's shadow because what you're actually seeing is the sunlight reflected off the satellite

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 02:35:05 PM »

If I'm outside at around 11 or 12 CDT or so there are 4 satellites that move south to north in a lazy L pattern. I've had friends over and if we're outside I'll keep an eye out for them ... then point at them and go OH MY GOD UFO'S!!! So far I've only got to do it once but it was fun as for a minute they bought it. I don't see them every night but a ever so often I'll spot them. I guess there mapping satellites.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 05:00:51 PM »

Whatever they are...they sure are fun,and it makes for  a good break in the monotony of life. To dream....!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Dennis

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 01:27:06 AM »

If I'm outside at around 11 or 12 CDT or so there are 4 satellites that move south to north in a lazy L pattern. I've had friends over and if we're outside I'll keep an eye out for them ... then point at them and go OH MY GOD UFO'S!!! So far I've only got to do it once but it was fun as for a minute they bought it. I don't see them every night but a ever so often I'll spot them. I guess there mapping satellites.

The wife and I do our stargazing in our driveway, once in a while some of the neighbors walk by, ask what we're looking at, is it interesting etc. One of these nights I'm going jump back from the telescope and shout "GOOD LORD THIS ONE WILL HIT US!"
Don't know how they'll react, hope they have a sense of humor.

Whatever they are...they sure are fun,and it makes for  a good break in the monotony of life. To dream....!

You are right about that RC, I would really like to meet an extraterrestrial, it would be an interesting experience.   

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2007, 06:23:01 AM »

Those lights were my relatives en route coming to visit me from another galaxy. 

In all seriousness, I've seen so many odd things in the sky but I always end up chucking them off as a plane.  Maybe I shouldn't from now on. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Dennis

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2007, 02:17:46 PM »

You don't need much to get started, just a good pair of binoculars and a blanket, spread the blanket out in a spot that has a good view of the night sky, lay down on your back and look up.The binoculars will allow you to see a whole lot more than the naked eye. There are books available that will help you figure out what you're seeing, they will have starcharts of the night sky and are very helpful. You can then decide how far to pursue this as a hobby because while it's a lot of fun to look into the craters of the Moon or Saturn's rings it can get pretty expensive.
Poogie and I are just dabblers in this, not as serious as some amateur astronomers, and we've got about $1200.00 invested in telescopes, binoculars and tripods. It can be addictive, the more you see, the more you want to see so you upgrade your equipment. Astronomy is a very pleasant and fun way to spend the night time hours, and if you don't get carried away it doesn't have to be all that expensive.

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2007, 02:43:42 PM »

A book you can buy? That's those things with paper in them right?

Here's a FREE FREE FREE program you can get that does star charts ...

http://www.stargazing.net/astropc/

I live way out in the country so I don't have to worry about city lights polluting the night sky, we have a lot of humidity so I don't get the views that SW getting but I can still see the Milky Way pretty good with the naked eye. I've got a small telescope and some binos, there are times I think of getting something bigger buy I don't want to let go of the cash.

Dennis

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2007, 08:27:43 AM »

I sometimes forget exactly how much is available to people with an internet connection, there are lots of great sites for astronomy out there, if you're interested in photographs NASA has a great site.
I know what you mean about parting with the cash, once you start it's hard to stop. One down side to this hobby is that the best time for it is usually in the fall and winter on cold nights, however you can rig up a video connection to your motorised telescope and watch on your TV from inside your house in comfort, all it takes is $$$$$$$$$, which why it's not going to happen for me.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  UFO sightings bring town to a standstill « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.