Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:45:35 PM
714493 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  GRAVE OF THE VAMPIRE (1972) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GRAVE OF THE VAMPIRE (1972)  (Read 1715 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: February 16, 2008, 08:54:30 AM »

This movie is included in Mill Creek's NIGHT SCREAMS 50 MOVIE PACK.

Vampire Michael Pataki rises from his coffin in a misty cemetery.  He rapes a young woman and runs off into the night. 

The woman becomes pregnant and gives birth to a son.  The child won't drink milk, and his mother soon learns that he needs to drink blood.  At first, she lets him drink from a cut on her breast.  Then she begins taking blood from her arm with a syringe and filling up baby-bottles!

The kid grows up to be B-movie regular William Smith (INVASION OF THE BEE GIRLS, THE LOSERS, and many others).  The vampire halfbreed spends his life searching for his father so he can destroy him.  Eventually, he finds him working as a college professor.

This is a very low-budget vampire movie and I don't have many good things to say about it.  The most memorable thing about this movie is the vampire teeth.  They look like those plastic teeth you can buy in novelty stores and they don't fit properly in the mouths of the actors.  They are too big and appear to be on the verge of falling out at any moment.  You should only watch this if you are a vampire film addict and you have 89 minutes to waste.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 12:21:38 AM by The Burgomaster » Logged

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 10:06:06 PM »

I've never seen this movie...but I'd like to for no other reason but that I like Micheal Pataki, William Smith and seventies cheese.  Smile ...and booga-booga teeth!  TeddyR

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 12:56:54 AM »

GRAVE OF THE VAMPIRE is a MUST see or any fan of 70s CHEEZ!!!  I love that schlocky drek!!! 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Cult Movie Mania
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 12:44:24 PM »

Grave of the Vampire is pure '70s bliss (I have a plastic-case VHS edition).  Look out for it on cable TV (FLIX, Showtime), it makes the rounds occasionally.  I'm a huge Michael Pataki fan and William Smith (Conan's dad) is always welcomed and amazing.

I believe there's a seance scene in it as well.

Wasn't the British movie poster tag line..."BLOOD...EVERYONE'S BLOOD!" (featuring a baby with fangs!).

Your weird wide web HQ for the BEST Cult and Horror Movie coverage!
www.cultmoviemania.com
www.filthythemovie.com
threnody
Bad Movie Lover

Meow

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 09:16:35 PM »

This looks excellent. I'm going to keep an eye out for it.

"To be bitter is to attribute intent and personality to the formless, infinite, unchanging and unchangeable void. We drift on a chartless, resistless sea. Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest..."
-H.P. Lovecraft
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  GRAVE OF THE VAMPIRE (1972) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.