Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:38:02 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Pros & Novices  |  Zombie Test Pics « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Zombie Test Pics  (Read 24594 times)
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: August 14, 2007, 04:25:15 AM »

An interesting Sunday afternoon resulted in the following pictures below:  The film is going to be black and white, but tell me what you think of the effects so far.  One of them kind of looked like the new Joker, with the makeup, which was kind of silly actually, but overall I'm fairly happy with the results.  Especially considering the zero budget and no experience with any effects at all. 

Of note: Black and white truly does cover most of the flaws, so shhhhhhh don't tell anyone how crap it really is...  Oh and as a test it is supposed to be a bit over-exposed.

But still tell me what you think.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 05:57:16 AM »

cool man, i did effects for a couple of zombie movies with my buddies ill post some pics later.
Torgo

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 10:32:50 PM »

I particularly like the 1st and 3rd pics the best.  Good stuff!   Cheers

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 02:11:11 AM »

Looks pretty good so far!   Thumbup

I originally thought pic number 3 was a chick with a hormone problem.
But pic 4 cleared that up for me.

BounceGiggle
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 03:17:24 AM by Ash » Logged
akiratubo

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 05:33:10 AM »

Thumbup Looks good.  Don't forget the necks and hands!

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 06:49:37 AM »

Here's some of mine

« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 05:57:17 AM by Joe » Logged
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 01:41:51 PM »

The fleshy stuff doesnt really look zombie-ish, it looks more like its just peeling skin, But the bloody mouths look really good! Thumbup

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
dean

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 09:17:49 AM »

Ah Joe, someone has done a great job!  Give us a rundown of what you did! [that way I can copy for next time!]

Mine is in black and white, so it hides alot of the flaws and was really a quick bang up job, and considering the time and effort spent [not much] I'm happy with my efforts, and thanks folks for the kind words.

Yup, KYGOTC, it's pretty much painted on latex that's been peeled and ALOT of chocolate sauce [which tastes a lot nicer than the fake blood I had]

On a side note, near the state library today there was a protest.  The Library, being in the city, is a central location for protests normally, of all kinds ranging from rights of Gay Marriage, Aboriginal Rights right through to the usuals like the War in Iraq and whatnot.

This time, today, according to my friend from the first two pictures, there was a different kind of equal rights protest.

An "Equal Rights for Zombies" protest was on in the city today.  I want to know more but don't know how to find details of what the hell happened.

But either way, you gotta love my city for having a protest, however minor, of that sort.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Alex Undead
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 09:35:18 PM »

Those are quite good. The first picture is the best in my opinion, and the third one is a close second. All of them are much better than my attempts at zombie effects. I might post my pictures later.

People may be laughing at me now, but someday us nerdy, cross-dressing, undead weirdos will rule the world!
Susan
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007, 09:48:43 PM »

nice dean! makeup can be hard, especially trying to put emphasis on the eyes. You should also try getting some of those cool contact lenses you can order online for 'effect' if you ever wanna try a new look

or you could just film me in the morning
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2007, 11:44:44 AM »

well lets see, Liquid latex and Make-up applied in layers is the key. just try different things or do what comes to you, also i used those sweet pre-molded prosthetic pieces from "woochie". Susan, those contacts are sweet but unless your rich or have a budget to work with i dont recommend them, they are like 50 a piece i mean were talking 200 for two zombies and those darn suckers usually attack in hordes. though im gonna contradict myself real quick and say that you could get a pair and use them for close up shots, possible use the same pair for different zombies, but then there is the size issue and i dont think it would be very sanitary.

dean if you have any specific questions ask away.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 11:53:29 AM by Joe » Logged
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2007, 04:48:05 PM »

Susan wrote:

or you could just film me in the morning

Oh I would if I could. What fun that would be!! I can just see the fur flying now.  Wink

Oh btw Dean, it all looks pretty good to me considering. 

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
dean

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2007, 07:58:23 AM »

Just thought I'd resurrect this thread with a cool picture my friend took on his SLR.  The original looks quite impressive but I had to scale back the size for uploading purposes.

Oh and Joe, if you had a spare moment I would love you to PM me about your make up/send me a link if there was a site you used.  Not sure what pre-molded prosthetics you used in that picture [especially since I have no idea what woochie is!]  I'd also like to know what you used for the shadows around the eye [unless you used eye shadow then ignore me] and for the scabby skin effect.

I'm purely an amatuer when it comes to make up effects.  I just slather on the latex, and pant them over with white black and red water colours.  Lazy, yes, but seems to do the trick enough...

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2007, 08:06:36 AM »

AHHH!
If he came after me...I'd chop his head off with a machete!
dean

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2007, 08:14:02 AM »

It certainly helps that he hasn't cut his hair in ages and lives off hand-me-down clothes...

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Pros & Novices  |  Zombie Test Pics « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.