Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:51:14 PM
714424 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 684 685 [686] 687 688 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2114174 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #10275 on: March 03, 2017, 10:30:56 AM »

I WILL WALK LIKE A CRAZY HORSE (1973): A jewel thief with mommy issues flees to the desert where he meets, and falls in love with, a mystical dwarf. The smooth, immaculately dressed French antihero will remind you of Jean-Luc Goddard, while the rest of the film will remind you of director Feranando Arrabal's pal, Alejandro Jodorowsky. Warning: lots of feces. 3/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #10276 on: March 03, 2017, 11:17:09 PM »

"Idiocracy" (2006)
An Army slacker (Luke Wilson) takes part in a cryogenics experiment that goes terribly wrong and puts him to sleep for 500 years. When he wakes up in the future, human intelligence has decreased to the point that he is now the smartest man in America.
This slapsticky sci-fi satire from Mike Judge of "King Of The Hill/Office Space" fame seems silly on the outside, but it can also be seen as a cautionary tale of where humanity might be headed unless we start using our brains a little more often!!

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #10277 on: March 04, 2017, 06:39:25 PM »

"Aliens" (1986)
Awoken from cryo-sleep 57 years after "Alien," Ellen Ripley returns to planetoid LV-426 with a regimen of Space Marines in tow, to investigate a suspected xenomorph infestation. Mucho mayhem ensues.
James Cameron's gung-ho sequel to Ridley Scott's masterwork is totally different in tone from its slow-burning predecessor, and kicks more ass than the rest of the franchise put together. I've lost count of how many times I've seen this flick, but I never get tired of it.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #10278 on: March 04, 2017, 11:20:51 PM »

"Agents Of P.O.W.E.R." (2015)

A group of busty, scantily clad super heroines (including thinly veiled, generic looking versions of Supergirl, Wonder Woman and Black Widow) investigate the mysterious death of one of their comrades.  Along the way, they get beaten up repeatedly by a seemingly endless parade of henchmen.

...it soon becomes obvious that this ultra cheap, shot on video softcore nonsense isn't a "movie," it's a cosplay fetish video. If you get off on watching semi-hot girls who can't act being punched in the stomach, felt up, and abused, go nuts. Everyone else can safely avoid this flick. The eye candy is nice but everything else completely sucks.

...and just to add insult to injury this thing has the balls to end on a cliffhanger, as if anyone in their right mind would want to watch a sequel to this piece of crap!

It's only March but this is already a contender for "worst movie I've seen this year."

claws
« Reply #10279 on: March 05, 2017, 10:53:17 AM »

Last Shift (2014)

A young female rookie cop is assigned to watch over a empty police office station about to close down. Soon enough she is haunted by an evil force manifesting before her very eyes.

Limited-space horror with a 'what is real and what is not' scenario. A bit uneven at times but there are some genuine creepy moments and strong performance by the lead actress. 3.5/5
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #10280 on: March 05, 2017, 03:21:26 PM »

"Tight" (2012)

Adult movie stars Bree Olson and Monica Mayhem come up with a brilliant "legit" business idea: they recruit several of their fellow X-film starlets to form an all-girl rock band (with Monica on vocals and Bree as manager), then they hit the road for a problem-plagued U.S. tour. As you might expect, egos, alcohol, and a pronounced lack of musical talent eventually takes its toll on the hastily created group.

This documentary was boiled down from an 11-episode Playboy TV reality series, which explains why some scenes are quite obviously"staged" for the camera. Aside from some choice T&A bits (which are unavoidable to the participants'....errr...  day jobs) though, "Tight" is not all that different from the shenanigans you'd see in any typical rock documentary - band rehearsals, poorly attended gigs in crappy venues, disinterested record label scouts, band members getting drunk and arguing, etc.
"Tight" is entertainingly silly stuff but it's not exactly a shock when the end credits reveal that the "band" split up at the end of their tour.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10281 on: March 05, 2017, 04:55:25 PM »

Beyond The Gates: Advertised as a 80'd horror throw back movie and featuring Barbara Crampton. A board game makes people play for the souls of previous victims, so sort of Jumanji as a horror film. Doesn't quite have the budget to bring its ideas to fruition.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #10282 on: March 05, 2017, 11:37:17 PM »

The Invisible Maniac.

A mad scientist escapes from a mental institution and poses as a teacher for summer school.  When the students start to tease and harass him, he flips out, uses his invisibility formula, and starts murdering them, but not before he spies on them in the shower and rips all the girls tops off. 

This is one of my favorite bad movies.  This is the kind of thing late night movies were made for.  Lots of nudity, a villain with one of the best evil laughs in movies, scenes of people trying to act like they're fighting something that isn't there and not a single sympathetic character in the whole thing.  Even the principal is a pervert. 

Oh, and the movie also has a creepy mute janitor. 

it even has such great lines as "Die you invisible jerk!" and "'Tis I.  Your friendly neighborhood invisible maniac."

And check out the theme.

https://youtu.be/hnkSHaAqmS0

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #10283 on: March 06, 2017, 08:58:19 PM »

Ghostbusters: Answer the Call (2016): Four female paranormal researchers band together and use technology to battle ghostly specters. This reboot of the Ghostbusters series is essentially a remake with the four female characters basically being female versions more or less of the original male characters - it doesn't really work that well (and there's probably an underlying agenda at work here). While overall it does prove slightly better than I expected, it still disappoints because it's too low-key in some areas and doesn't deliver the real sense of scary (yet fun) the classic Ghostbusters films had going for them. **1/2 out of ***** stars.

Ice Age: Collision Course (2016): The likable characters from this series face a new, deadly challenge -  trying to find a way to stop a meteor from crashing into the Earth and destroying them all - luckily Buck the Weasel, hero extraordinaire has an unlikely plan to try and thwart it. This was a slightly more enjoyable sequel than the last couple that proceeded it IMO. Fun and a little quirky. ***1/2 out of ***** stars.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10284 on: March 07, 2017, 10:00:41 AM »

IN A GLASS CAGE (1986): Hiding out in Brazil, an ex-Nazi pedophile and child killer is confined to a iron lung after a botched suicide attempt; it turns out that his new nurse knows about his past crimes. Well-acted and frequently suspenseful, as well as brutally sadistic; the setup is clever, but the film, while more serious than exploitative, lacks insight beyond the superficial, making it a good, but not great, movie about capital-E Evil. 3.5/5.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #10285 on: March 07, 2017, 11:02:03 PM »

Well, I finally saw TROLL II in all its glorious awfulness.  What a fun bad movie!  I may watch the bonus materials tomorrow - this is the 20 year anniversary edition.  I really enjoyed it.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
AoTFan

« Reply #10286 on: March 08, 2017, 12:42:49 AM »

"Independence Day: Resurgence" Take everything you liked about the first movie (variety of characters, awesome scenes of mass destruction, bits of goofy humor, Will Smith) water it down completely (and in the case of Will Smith, remove it) and you've pretty much got this film here.  Now, I don't know if the effects are worse because of the overuse of CGI, or if it's just because so many movies nowaday have down the "mass destruction of a major metropolitan area" that's it's plain gotten to be old hat by now, but I just found myself going, "Meh" during the alien carnage scenes as opposed to being wow at the White House blowing up twenty years ago.

Although I did like the concept of the sequence at the end, with all the constant "near misses" of a large target trying to destroy a smaller one I have to agree with Cinema Sins when he said, "How much bulls**t do you expect me to swallow?  I DO have a gag reflex, you know?" 
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10287 on: March 08, 2017, 09:44:36 AM »

VIVA LE MUERTE [LONG LOVE DEATH] (1971): At the end of the Spanish Civil War the Fascists arrest Fando's father, and the young boy seeks to learn his papa's fate in a land the celebrates death. A straightforward, even touching narrative with tinted fantasy scenes inserted at regular intervals; tasteless, gruesome slaughterhouse footage oversells the disgust factor, however. 3/5.

frank
Bad Movie Lover

"I'm a big boy now, Johnny."

« Reply #10288 on: March 08, 2017, 10:33:16 AM »

The Brand New Testament (2015)

God lives in Brussels with his family sans JC, who left because his father is not nice. God's daughter crashes the computer necessary to run earth and embraces on a journey to find six new apostels for the brand new testament. Different and funny, in a Wes Andersonesque way rather poetic.

......"Now toddle off and fly your flying machine."
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #10289 on: March 09, 2017, 11:41:52 PM »

HIDEOUS (1996 or so) I thought I had seen nearly all the 1990's Full Moon Productions, but this one slipped under my radar somehow.  But the Bad Movies Club had it in stock, so I decided to give it a try.  This was a bad movie as so many Full Moon films are: cheap effects, pretty girls, cheesy plot, and actors you've never heard of.  Full Moon babe Jaquelyn Lovell was on display for almost the entire film, walking around with her shirt open (although her only full topless scene was in the SNOW outside! LOL).  As for the plot - well, two millionaires who collect the bodies of deformed human babies were fighting over a hideous (get it?) fetus that had six eyes and three mouths.  Except it somehow came to life, extruded tentacles, and brought four other fetus things to life all around it.  This movie was gloriously bad and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: 1 ... 684 685 [686] 687 688 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.