Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:53:11 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 718 719 [720] 721 722 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2093905 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10785 on: December 08, 2017, 12:21:58 PM »

The Conjuring 2 - Yeeeeaaaaaah buddy

5/5
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #10786 on: December 09, 2017, 04:22:47 AM »

Caught a couple of freebies on Amazon Prime last night -  DIE HARD DRACULA is a retelling of the - well, not really.  It bears very little resemblance to Bram Stoker's classic Dracula, although it was filmed on location in Eastern Europe and  has some impressive cinematography.  Still, overall, this is a B-movie through and through. A few cool  moments, but overall pretty forgettable. 2.5/5

BLOOD OF THE TRIBADES - In a parallel world, religious fanatics wage war on lesbian vampires.  Some pretty girls, but the whole movie was a clumsy attack on Christianity.  Not even a very effective one. Still, some nice sets and     decent acting, especially from the maniacal cult leader.  2.5/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #10787 on: December 09, 2017, 01:08:40 PM »

ZOMBIES VS. MILFS - Holy cow, this was a delightfully bad movie!  Apparently it was a Troma release, although it bore a different label - there was a  cameo by Lloyd Kaufman, anyway.  A group of youngish suburban housewives and their husbands deal the the zombie apocalypse.  Filled with stupid jokes, zombie intestine munching, and gratuitous nudity.  GOBS of gratuitous nudity.  In short, a B-movie replete with all of Joe Bob Briggs' "three B's." What's not to like?
1/5 on the serious movie scale.
4/5 on the bad movie scale.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #10788 on: December 09, 2017, 04:57:04 PM »

"Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" (2017)
Marvel Comics' wise-ass space mercenary Peter Quill, aka Star-Lord, finally learns his origin when he meets his long lost father, Ego (Kurt Russell) -- a god-like being with cosmic powers and his own planet. At first the father/son reunion seems to be going well, but eventually Daddy-O reveals his true nefarious purpose and the rest of the Guardians have to come to the rescue. Naturally, much blasting, zapping, and stuff blowing up ensues.
This fast, funny, action packed sci-fi adventure is just as much fun as the first "Guardians" film. Two Rocket Raccoon paws up.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #10789 on: December 09, 2017, 09:23:51 PM »

"Krampus" (2015)
When a young boy loses faith in Christmas, his bickering family's dysfunctional holiday gets crashed by the Yuletide demon of German folklore. 
Director Michael Dougherty's festive horror comedy isn't quite on par with his prior cult Halloween classic "Trick r' Treat," but it's got cool creature effects and a mean streak a mile wide, making it a nice antidote to all the shiny-happy holiday movies that take over at this time of year. 

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #10790 on: December 10, 2017, 10:23:29 AM »

RIFFTRAX: SANTA'S VILLAGE OF MADNESS: Not a movie per se, but a collection of three shorts where Gordon K. Murray reused some of the footage from SANTA CLAUS and mixed it with stuff shot in a creepy, low-rent Santa-themed amusement park. Bizarre, bad and cheap, it's worth a look, and the commentary provides the usual disposable seasonal chuckles. There are also four unrelated shorts, the weirdest of which is an old cartoon where the cute characters are actually mauled by a polar bear at the end. They needed to stick another short on this, as the release is a little light at only 74 minutes. 3/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10791 on: December 11, 2017, 09:48:02 AM »

SANTA CLAUS (1959): With the help of his henchman Merlin, Santa flies from his cloud in space to delivery toys to all the good children on Christmas Eve, opposed by the demon Pitch. Informally known as "Mexican Santa Claus" and featured prominently on Mystery Science Theater 3000, this culturally and mythologically confused oddity has unintentionally grotesque but eye-grabbing art design and a strange but good-hearted plot that is genuinely touching at times. No, Lupita, no!   3/5.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10792 on: December 12, 2017, 12:48:49 PM »

Human Capitol (2013) - if you're in the mood, as I was, to see a foreign film with decent writing and acting this scratches the itch, but it's not a classic.

In Italy, a guy's daughter is dating a rich kid. He uses this to try and get some money into the kid's Dad's amazing Madoff-like magic fund that everyone knows about. As that's going on, the two kids are involved in a fatal or near fatal accident involving a cyclist and this is the tension throughout the whole movie.

It's on of those things where they show the story from one perspective then another and the last one is where you see the final and most compelling piece of the puzzle. The mom is really hot and the finance angle makes it modern and different. It's not super exciting though and lacks the drama or humor or anything really crazy to give it that pizzaz that keeps you watching all the way through.

3.75 /5 at least it didn't have men in thong underwear like this other Italian movie I saw
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10793 on: December 13, 2017, 06:51:10 AM »

Human Capitol (2013)

3.75 /5 at least it didn't have men in thong underwear like this other Italian movie I saw

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10794 on: December 13, 2017, 12:16:38 PM »

it was called The Double Hour I'll spare you the screen cap
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #10795 on: December 13, 2017, 04:33:07 PM »

"Krampus" (2015)
When a young boy loses faith in Christmas, his bickering family's dysfunctional holiday gets crashed by the Yuletide demon of German folklore. 
Director Michael Dougherty's festive horror comedy isn't quite on par with his prior cult Halloween classic "Trick r' Treat," but it's got cool creature effects and a mean streak a mile wide, making it a nice antidote to all the shiny-happy holiday movies that take over at this time of year. 

Yeah, krampus kinda lost me early on when an innocent deliveryman was murdered by the titular character. I mean if he punishes bad kids, well, OK, but he was going beyond that and becoming just another super psycho killer a'la Freddy, Jason, etc. 

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #10796 on: December 13, 2017, 04:37:21 PM »

The newest movie i've seen was ”shin godzilla”, which I liked a lot. An intelligent Godzilla movie with a lot of real world issues like economics, politics, nationalism, etc. I think it was very believable and plausible once you accepted the impossibility of Godzilla's existence. Also the movie was generally fair to america IMO.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10797 on: December 13, 2017, 10:27:46 PM »

Plaga Zombie: Mutant Zone (1997) - If you want to torture yourself with a low budget zombie movie filmed in some Spanish persons backyard definitely check this out. It's interminably long and filled with bad comedy and extras in green face paint and weird wigs getting hacked up with cheap gore effects and liquids goozing out all different colors.

Three guys: a metalhead, a huge pro wrestler looking guy and a spazzy guy wearing a helmet get stuck in a town with zombies. They walk around the town covered in zombie blood making bad jokes and there's some sort of plot about a computer disk that has a map to get out of the town. It's 90 minutes and it passed as slowly as you'd expect. I did watch the whole thing which says someting for it. You certainly got the impression they were really trying hard. It's pretty much a demo tape to work in the makeup department at Troma or something.

a charitable 2/5 I preferred Sadomaster which at least didn't try to be funny with its south of the border garbage-horror
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 12:39:45 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #10798 on: December 14, 2017, 07:44:32 PM »

Mercy Christmas (2017)

A poor office outcast gets a Christmas he will never forget when he awakens in a basement slaughterhouse of an insanely dysfunctional family.

It is both stunningly violent and amazingly funny. I haven't had this much fun with a movie in years. The writing is top-notch as are the performances.

Honestly, this thing took me by surprise. I thought it was going to be some cheap-jack indie film. So happy to be so wrong. I am adding this to my yearly Christmas movie list.

4.5/5

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10799 on: December 15, 2017, 09:47:15 AM »

BEAU TRAVAIL (1999): An officer in the French Foreign Legion develops a dislike for one of his recruits and sets out to ruin his life. This slow, slow, slow and very shirtless movie from Clair Denis is supposedly an adaptation of "Billy Budd," but set in the Shirtless Foreign Legion: a shirts-optional unit where men can do manly things with other men, without the burden of shirts. After an hour of loving shots of sun-drenched male torsos and no plot at all, I started to wonder: do French people really watch these things, or do they just produce them for export to gullible Americans? A generous 2/5.

Pages: 1 ... 718 719 [720] 721 722 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.