Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:40:34 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 734 735 [736] 737 738 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2094094 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11025 on: April 17, 2018, 08:57:40 AM »

The Love Witch - I loved Anna Billers Viva but this is definitely a sophomore slump. Viva was fun and Biller and her friend who were the stars were charismatic, funny, and sexy. the love Witch women has on ostentatious nose job and is kind of annoying. The film itself badly needs punching up and editing. There is some really good stuff, like the ridiculous ren faire esque tarot circus which reminds me of that hippie sploitation movie I can't think of right now. and the formal integrity with the old fashioned dialogue style and costumes and so forth is there. disappointing but at least she didn't sell out or make something horribly unpleasant like Killer tongue
3/5

Your opinion makes me want to vomit.  Wink Samantha Robinson is hot, hot, hot! I don't think Anna Biller likes me, she won't return my emails.

A CHINESE GHOST STORY (1987): A debt collector spends a night in a haunted temple and falls in love with a beautiful female ghost, but she is betrothed to a demon, and there's also a legendary ghost hunter trying to kill her... Nonstop action and spectacle with wire fu sword fights, ashy zombies, hot ghost sex, a tongue monster, magical Taoist laser beams, a trip to Hell and even a musical number---just what you'd expect from a Tsui Hark production in the golden age of the Hong Kong New Wave. 4.5/5. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11026 on: April 17, 2018, 10:26:26 AM »

SHe's okay now Joey Wang from Chinese Ghost Story THAT is hot hot hot. I followed Anna Biller on twitter for a while she tweeted to much and didn't really seem to grasp the medium.

I once finished a day of work then drove 45 minutes to a video store across the city because I had to see joey Wang flying I decided. even though I already saw the movie
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11027 on: April 18, 2018, 10:27:01 AM »

ARISE! THE SUBGENIUS VIDEO (1992): This mind-melting series of psychedelic collages, overheated sermons, interviews real and staged, and stock footage from B-movies was edited together by lobotomized zombies high of 'frop in a vain attempt illustrate the contradictory teachings of the Church of the Subgenius, a cult of abnormals led by "Bob," "a comic book character who speaks with aliens and worships money." The world's most elaborate fake satirical religious cult is still around, and the Church's core message endures eternally: "'Bob' isn't the answer, and neither is anything else." 4/5.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #11028 on: April 19, 2018, 06:28:20 AM »

"Policewomen" (1974)
Cheap cops n robbers junk about a karate kickin' lady officer (Sondra Currie, sister of the Runaways' Cherie Currie) who goes undercover to infiltrate a "female Mafia" of gold smugglers. Lots of car chases, catfights and a heaping helping of T&A. Currie is purty, but she can't act worth a spit...which is fine because neither can anyone else in this movie!

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11029 on: April 20, 2018, 05:57:43 AM »

"Joysticks" (1983)
Small town teens band together when a councilman wants to shut down their favorite hangout - the local video arcade. A cheap, so '80s it hurts "moron comedy" loaded with raunchy gags, fart jokes and half naked girls.

Cookie cutter teen comedies like these were a dime a dozen back in the day, some were better than others. "Joysticks" was pretty terrible, but it's worth a look for its retro value, especially if you're into classic arcade games.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11030 on: April 20, 2018, 08:52:20 AM »

THE PURPLE ROSE OF CAIRO (1985): A neglected Depression-era wife whose only joy is attending the movies finds love when a character in "The Purple Rose of Cairo" literally walks through the screen to romance her. Woody Allen has fun following the premise as far as he can, as the abandoned characters in the film-within-a-film sit around the set playing cards and talking back to the audience, complaining that they can't advance the plot. The ending is a poison valentine about the choice between escapism and the real world. 4.5/5.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11031 on: April 20, 2018, 10:40:17 AM »

I loved Joysticks. King vidiot rules
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11032 on: April 21, 2018, 08:43:25 AM »

RIFFTRAX: REEFER MADNESS: I got into the 4/20 spirit (without actually smoking) by watching the classic movie that exposes how good, white, tennis-playing teenagers turn into rapists, murderers, and madmen when exposed to the devilish effects of marihuana, the assassin of youth. This early Rifftrax effort turned out to be one of the funnier ones---this material (the movie actually downplays the danger of heroin to warn about weed!) is perfect for mocking, the jokes almost write themselves. An enjoyable bad movie even without the commentary (the DVD gives you the option to watch it either way). 4/5.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11033 on: April 21, 2018, 03:44:26 PM »

"The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part 2" (1986)
A Texas marshal (Dennis Hopper at his coked-out best) and a lady radio DJ track Leatherface and his cannibal clan to their new hideout beneath an abandoned carnival. Screaming, yelling, over-acting, running through tunnels, and of course, chain sawing follows.
"TCM 2" trades the gritty realism of the original for ultra-violent, over-the-top black comedy, and the results are bigger, louder, and waaaaaayy dumber than the first movie. I had a screaming headache by the three quarter mark. 
Mildly entertaining in spots, but in the end all this flick did was remind me why the "TCM" series was always my least favorite of the big horror franchises.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11034 on: April 22, 2018, 10:16:30 AM »

"The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part 2" (1986)
A Texas marshal (Dennis Hopper at his coked-out best) and a lady radio DJ track Leatherface and his cannibal clan to their new hideout beneath an abandoned carnival. Screaming, yelling, over-acting, running through tunnels, and of course, chain sawing follows.
"TCM 2" trades the gritty realism of the original for ultra-violent, over-the-top black comedy, and the results are bigger, louder, and waaaaaayy dumber than the first movie. I had a screaming headache by the three quarter mark. 
Mildly entertaining in spots, but in the end all this flick did was remind me why the "TCM" series was always my least favorite of the big horror franchises.

I like that they just didn't remake the first movie, like most horror sequels, but tried something different. Not as good as the first one, but I enjoyed it.

Pacman000
« Reply #11035 on: April 22, 2018, 05:01:10 PM »

In Search of the Castaways - Hayley Mills must find her father using a message in a bottle. Standing in her way are some neat 60's FX. Might've been better if they hadn't had to turn around halfway through the movie; that killed the momentum. Still old school Disney fun if you like that kind of stuff.

The X-Files movie - A lot of stuff I'd already seen on the show. Cool spaceship at the end tho. Not really needed to understand anything, but if you like the X-Files go for it. Better than the 2nd movie.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11036 on: April 23, 2018, 09:00:14 AM »

AFTER HOURS (1985): Paul finds himself stranded downtown in Soho after a chance meeting with a pretty girl in a coffee shop leads to an incredible string of coincidences and encounters with bizarre night owl New Yorkers that eventually lead him to be hunted by a lynch mob. It's rare and special for a black comedy to capture the perfect mix of the unease, absurdity, melancholy, and danger with the light, unforced ease that Scorsese does here. "The rules are different after hours." 4.5/5.

TUVALU (2002): Can a picturesque but dilapidated Turkish bathhouse pass a government inspection, and can love between a poolboy and a female patron flourish after the girl's father is killed when a piece of the crumbling ceiling falls on him? This nearly silent, tinted experimental feature with slapstick tributes is beautiful to look at but difficult to follow; the set peices are excellent, in small doses, but your attention might drift at times. 3.5/5.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11037 on: April 23, 2018, 10:38:03 AM »

Cry Danger (1951) - TCM gave this 3 stars and I guess I can understand that, but I really enjoyed it. It was part of the film noir thing they do and the host guy's foundation paid to have it refurbished. money well spent. If you like the kind of dark humor/ low budget combo of Detour this is any easy rec.

A guy ( Dick Powell) serves 5 years of a life sentence and is let out for some reason I can't remember. The race is on to find the 100,000 he stashed, but to do so he has to deal with a fat lying gangster and live in a gross trailer park with some drunk guy he knows. There's a hot girl in the trailer park, but she's also a pickpocket so it's kind of up and down for a while. It's got the brutality of gangster films but the writing is particularly funny and good, I am loathe to say it but tarantino ish in places.

This is her she keeps stealing his money. he's like "stop doing that" it's funny

5/5
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11038 on: April 24, 2018, 10:41:02 AM »

The Survivalist (2015) - euro raver looking dude lives in the woods and tries to figure out how to deal with a girl and her Mom who show up. He likes the girl but the Mom is annoying. Plus, it's the end of the world and everyone's plotting on everyone else and so forth. it was kind of boring and predictable honestly, like wheat grass or some similar all natural thing that's good for you but not that good taste-wise

2.75 /5
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 11:00:55 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11039 on: April 27, 2018, 08:48:49 AM »

SUPERSTARLET A.D. (2000): In the post-apocalyptic world of 1999, men have devolved into Neanderthals, clothing (and blondes) are scarce, and women form gangs based on hair color; our heroines are searching for old stag films featuring their grandmothers. Memphis-based auteur John Michael McCarthy made a few unique underground films inspired by Russ Meyer, Irving Klaw, and the dregs of Something Weird's sexploitation catalog; this one is pretty incoherent, but with sometimes funny dialogue ("women like you belong naked!"), interesting Morricone-inspired music, softcore lesbian groping, and gangs of burlesque-beauties in black stockings with machine guns. I prefer TEENAGE TUPELO. 2.5/5.

Pages: 1 ... 734 735 [736] 737 738 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.