Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:19:11 AM
714393 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 747 748 [749] 750 751 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2113435 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11220 on: November 05, 2018, 10:37:20 AM »

Devils Candy - terrible. a family of metalheads who are like something out of a Hallmark movie move to a house thats possessed or something. I already hated them all so there wasn't any fear for their safety. to make matters worse, the husband is a terrible painter and is possessed to paint s**tty paintings that mean something to the story. A little boy gets hit in the head with a rock and I had no idea at all who he was. A fat guy in a red sweatsuit is the worlds most random villain. I have no idea what the ending was supposed to signify.

1/5
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #11221 on: November 05, 2018, 11:16:26 AM »

Devils Candy - terrible. a family of metalheads who are like something out of a Hallmark movie move to a house thats possessed or something. I already hated them all so there wasn't any fear for their safety. to make matters worse, the husband is a terrible painter and is possessed to paint s**tty paintings that mean something to the story. A little boy gets hit in the head with a rock and I had no idea at all who he was. A fat guy in a red sweatsuit is the worlds most random villain. I have no idea what the ending was supposed to signify.

1/5

Sounds like you should be glad you couldn't figure this one out...

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11222 on: November 05, 2018, 03:06:06 PM »

Off from work for a few days... normally I'd be outside raking leaves, but the weather isn't cooperating so it's a "stay inside n watch movies" kind of day.

"Baywatch" (2017)
Pro lifeguard Mitch Buchanan (Dwayne Johnson) and his squad of beach bunnies leads a set of new dim-bulb recruits through training, then unravel a criminal enterprise that's smuggling drugs through the bay in this action-comedy riff on the classic T&A TV series. It's not a great film by any means but the cast works well together and keeping my expectations low worked in the movie's favor. It's actually better than it has any right to be, considering its source.

"Sorority Party Massacre" (2012)
A big city cop is sent to the boondocks to investigate the case of a missing girl, and ends up mixing it up with a psycho who's killing sorority sisters at their annual convention. Yea, I know, real high concept stuff (haha).
With nothing to go on but the title I was hoping that I'd be in for a so-bad-it's good splatter fest with healthy amounts of T&A, but I ended up disappointed on both fronts. The girls are cute but mostly keep their clothes on (boooo!), the gore is minimal and the whole movie seems to have been made for about twenty bucks.
AVOID.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11223 on: November 05, 2018, 07:36:23 PM »

Svengoolie- I understood what they were going for, but they fell far short
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11224 on: November 06, 2018, 09:54:18 AM »

LIKE ME (2017): After a video of her humiliating a convenience store clerk goes viral, a 17-year-old girl kidnaps a middle-aged man, tortures him, and films it. Too arty and "pretentious" for most horror fans, but not incisive enough to work as an experimental character study, LIKE ME doesn't fit together well but nonetheless has some very good individual scenes, a nice performance from young lead Addison Timlin, and a creative digital visual sensibility from director Mockler. 2.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #11225 on: November 06, 2018, 03:21:50 PM »

When I've had time lately I've been watching some documentaries on the films of Stanley Kubrick, which is a departure for me since I try to concern myself with the works rather than the creator, or as Stephen King put it: It is the tale, not he who tells it.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11226 on: November 07, 2018, 07:34:37 AM »

"Live And Let Die" (1973)
Roger Moore's first mission as 007 was obviously inspired by the then-current "blaxploitation" film craze, as James Bond visits Harlem, New Orleans and the Caribbean on the trail of an island diplomat and heroin smuggler (Yaphet Kotto) with a voodoo witch doctor and a tarot card reader on his payroll.
This one has not aged well at all but it's a mostly entertaining debut for Sir Roger, and of course the theme song by Paul McCartney is a stone cold classic.

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #11227 on: November 07, 2018, 12:36:17 PM »

"Live And Let Die" (1973)
Roger Moore's first mission as 007 was obviously inspired by the then-current "blaxploitation" film craze, as James Bond visits Harlem, New Orleans and the Caribbean on the trail of an island diplomat and heroin smuggler (Yaphet Kotto) with a voodoo witch doctor and a tarot card reader on his payroll.
This one has not aged well at all but it's a mostly entertaining debut for Sir Roger, and of course the theme song by Paul McCartney is a stone cold classic.

Yeah, when that movie was made a white guy beating a  back guy in a movie was almost non existent in america films.  TeddyR That movie introduced sherriff pepper too, didn't it?

I was most impressed by TeeHee in that movie. I mean a gator tore his arm off and he didn't bear it any ill will. That takes a remarkable man to be so even tempered.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11228 on: November 07, 2018, 02:57:23 PM »

^^ yes. Sheriff J.D. Pepper was introduced in that one, and for some ungodly reason they brought him back in "Man With the Golden Gun!"

This afternoon:
1922" (2017)
A Nebraska farmer attempts to cover up his wife's murder, which leads to a series of increasingly unfortunate events in this slow burning Netflix original, based on a Stephen King novella (which I am unfamiliar with). This flick feels about fifteen minutes too long but otherwise it was a well done, occasionally disturbing little period piece, with a great performance byThomas Jane as the murderous hubby.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 02:59:45 PM by FatFreddysCat » Logged

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11229 on: November 07, 2018, 09:39:18 PM »

"Sinister Squad" (2016)

Good Lord. If you thought DC's "Suicide Squad" was bad, wait till you get a load of this knock-off from our friends at The Asylum. In "Sinister Squad," fairy tale characters Alice and Goldilocks assemble a team of storybook villains including Rumplestiltskin, the Queen of Hearts, and The Big Bad Wolf to help them battle Death himself, who wants to escape into the "real" world... or something. The story quickly descends into a hopeless muddle, and all you're left with is a bunch of bad actors in Halloween store costumes, running around a warehouse beating the crap out of each other for 90 minutes. 

AVOID.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11230 on: November 08, 2018, 04:08:28 AM »

"Sinister Squad" (2016)

Good Lord. If you thought DC's "Suicide Squad" was bad, wait till you get a load of this knock-off from our friends at The Asylum. In "Sinister Squad," fairy tale characters Alice and Goldilocks assemble a team of storybook villains including Rumplestiltskin, the Queen of Hearts, and The Big Bad Wolf to help them battle Death himself, who wants to escape into the "real" world... or something. The story quickly descends into a hopeless muddle, and all you're left with is a bunch of bad actors in Halloween store costumes, running around a warehouse beating the crap out of each other for 90 minutes. 

AVOID.

Yeah, I watched that one, and can only agree.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11231 on: November 09, 2018, 08:04:26 AM »

"Comic Book Villains" (2002)
Rival comic book store owners wage war on each other while also trying to get their hands on a massive collection of vintage comics ... whose owner is reluctant to sell. 

If this movie had had a slightly bigger mean streak, "Comic Book Villains" could have been a slacker/nerd culture cult classic ala "Fanboys" or "Clerks."  As it is, it's a mildly entertaining heist/caper comedy set in the comic-book world, with a great cast incl. Donal Logue, DJ Qualls, and Natasha Lyonne. Your mileage may vary depending on your level of comic book fandom.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11232 on: November 09, 2018, 10:59:21 AM »

It (2017) - "It" was very good

5/5
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11233 on: November 15, 2018, 11:53:47 AM »

DAGON (2001): A boating accident strands a couple on an island where the locals worship the sea monster god Dagon. The Stuart Gordon/Brian Yuzna team turns out some pretty good (and occasionally great) Lovecraft adaptations, but bland protagonists, iffy effects, and a predictable plot make this one smelly fish tale. I just couldn't get into it at all. A generous 2/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11234 on: November 15, 2018, 12:01:28 PM »

the Sniper (1952) - later era film noir from TCMs film noir thing. I had seen this a long time ago and remembered liking it. I still liked it a lot. The villain is clearly "evil" yet I was kind of rooting for him to escape. I feel very badly about this. compelling and the direction is excellent: very cool and memorable outside shots. i've never been a fan of sets
5/5
check it out

Pages: 1 ... 747 748 [749] 750 751 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.