Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:11:13 AM
714441 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 749 750 [751] 752 753 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2114465 times)
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #11250 on: November 22, 2018, 06:20:16 PM »

"With Great Power: The Stan Lee Story" (2011)
Stan Lee's recent passing prompted me to re-visit this charming doc about the Marvel Comics guru's life and career. Stan was Marvel's heart and soul from its humble pre-WWII beginnings to the massive multi-media powerhouse that it is today, and it's fun to listen to him share a lifetime of stories.. Thanks for the memories, Stan. Excelsior.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #11251 on: November 22, 2018, 10:58:52 PM »

OVERLORD (2018) - After eating too much brisket for Thanksgiving, and then watching the Dallas Cowboys dismantle the hated Redskins, what better way to top off the day than with an epic World War II zombie movie?
This film tracks a small squad of paratroopers, dropped into occupied France a day ahead of the Normandy landings, to take out a German radar tower in a small French village.  But what they discover is that there is something far more sinister than aircraft detection afoot in the converted church building - the Germans are reanimating the dead to use them as super soldiers against the Allied onslaught!
Well done, if a bit predictable in places, this is a fun  movie, and I was glad to catch it on the big screen.
4/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11252 on: November 23, 2018, 10:29:18 AM »

THE LAST MOVIE (1971): A stuntman stays on in Peru with his whore mistress after his American movie crew has moved on, getting lost in a gold mine subplot and being involuntarily cast in a movie the locals are making with bamboo cameras as some sort of magical ritual. The initial critical assessment said that this was a stumbling, self-indulgent mess of random stoned footage that director/star Dennis Hopper tried and failed to salvage by editing it into something resembling a Godardian Western. Now that years have passed and we can reappraise the work from a more sober perspective, we can see that this knee-jerk reaction was absolutely correct. 2.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11253 on: November 24, 2018, 10:11:17 AM »

"Suicide Squad: Hell To Pay" (2018)
Super-villains Deadshot and Harley Quinn are teamed up with a new crew of felons and sent on a forced road trip to recover a mystic artifact from Vandal Savage and Professor Zoom. As usual, over the top animated mayhem and destruction follows.
I know I keep saying it, but DC really should put the guys who make these animated films in charge of their live-action flicks. This "Suicide Squad" was funnier, gorier, and even more ultra-violent than the "real" S.S. movie from 2016. It's definitely not a cartoon for the kiddies!

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11254 on: November 24, 2018, 06:01:39 PM »

HEREDITARY (2018)  I saw this one in theaters when it first came out, and gave it a watch on video last night. Still VERY creepy!  5/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #11255 on: November 24, 2018, 07:23:50 PM »

FUTURE FORCE (1989)
Brain dead nonsense that 11 year olds might enjoy it. Might.
BUT! It's got David Carradine and Dawn (EVIL SPAWN) Wildsmith- so- I watched it.
Oh yeah. David Carradine has a metal glove in the trunk of his car that flies and will punch you in the head.

Dam. What a f**king chore that was.  Bluesad

« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 07:26:50 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #11256 on: November 25, 2018, 07:25:20 AM »

OVERLORD (2018) - After eating too much brisket for Thanksgiving, and then watching the Dallas Cowboys dismantle the hated Redskins, what better way to top off the day than with an epic World War II zombie movie?
This film tracks a small squad of paratroopers, dropped into occupied France a day ahead of the Normandy landings, to take out a German radar tower in a small French village.  But what they discover is that there is something far more sinister than aircraft detection afoot in the converted church building - the Germans are reanimating the dead to use them as super soldiers against the Allied onslaught!
Well done, if a bit predictable in places, this is a fun  movie, and I was glad to catch it on the big screen.
4/5

If you liked this you should look at "the devil's  rock".

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11257 on: November 25, 2018, 08:40:06 AM »

I remember that one!  Pretty good, as I recall.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11258 on: November 25, 2018, 09:04:24 AM »

Rainy Saturday Night double feature:

"It's A Wonderful Life" (1946)
After a run of bad luck, small-town everyman George Bailey (Jimmy Stewart) makes a wish on Christmas Eve that he'd never been born. His guardian angel grants the request and then shows him what effect that has had on his friends and loved ones in this holiday-season perennial from Frank Capra. It's schmaltzy, it's sentimental, it's cheesy but it's a must watch every year at Christmas time.

"The Spy Who Loved Me" (1977)
Russian and British nuclear submarines are disappearing without a trace, so James Bond is teamed with a lovely Soviet agent (Barbara Bach) to solve the mystery. They eventually discover it's the work of the insane billionaire Stromberg, who wants to use the subs' missiles to start World War III and then rebuild Earth from his secret base at the bottom of the ocean. This was Roger Moore's third spin as James Bond and it's also his best -- he finally makes the 007 role his own, and the movie is bigger, more elaborate, and more fun than Roger's first two installments. One of my fave Bond films overall.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #11259 on: November 25, 2018, 09:26:52 AM »

Rainy Saturday Night double feature:

"The Spy Who Loved Me" (1977)
Russian and British nuclear submarines are disappearing without a trace, so James Bond is teamed with a lovely Soviet agent (Barbara Bach) to solve the mystery. They eventually discover it's the work of the insane billionaire Stromberg, who wants to use the subs' missiles to start World War III and then rebuild Earth from his secret base at the bottom of the ocean. This was Roger Moore's third spin as James Bond and it's also his best -- he finally makes the 007 role his own, and the movie is bigger, more elaborate, and more fun than Roger's first two installments. One of my fave Bond films overall.

And the theme song was all over the radio in '77, too.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #11260 on: November 25, 2018, 06:08:01 PM »

I remember that one!  Pretty good, as I recall.

TeddyR

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11261 on: November 26, 2018, 07:09:03 AM »

"Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery" (1997)
First of three spy spoofs starring Mike "Wayne's World" Myers as the swinging, sex crazed, dentally challenged British super-agent, who's cryogenically frozen in 1967 and re-awakened in the 90s when his supervillain arch-foe (also Myers) resurfaces.  Still shag-a-delically silly fun after all these years.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 12:04:23 PM by FatFreddysCat » Logged

Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #11262 on: November 29, 2018, 02:23:59 AM »

The Stuff (1985)

This was surprisingly watchable. Just about nothing in it makes any sense, but it is a fun ride while it lasts. Also, production values are better than I was expecting.

It is let down by various aspects, though. One is that the lead trio is spectacularily uninspiring. The other is that the movie can't make up its mind what it wants to be. At times it is played like a straight action/horror movie, and then it switches suddenly into over the top satire. It would have been better if they had gone completely for the wacky comedy angle. If you want to play it straight, then your script has to make sense first.

Still, worth watching.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11263 on: November 29, 2018, 06:54:14 AM »

The Stuff (1985)

This was surprisingly watchable. Just about nothing in it makes any sense, but it is a fun ride while it lasts. Also, production values are better than I was expecting.

It is let down by various aspects, though. One is that the lead trio is spectacularily uninspiring. The other is that the movie can't make up its mind what it wants to be. At times it is played like a straight action/horror movie, and then it switches suddenly into over the top satire. It would have been better if they had gone completely for the wacky comedy angle. If you want to play it straight, then your script has to make sense first.

Still, worth watching.

Ah, my second favourite Michael Morriatry film.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11264 on: November 29, 2018, 11:56:05 AM »

Hereditary (2018) - Well, elements of this are a little confusing, especially in the second half, but somehow it's better than all of the current horror movies I've watched. Somewhere between Martyrs and The Conjuring with excellent writing/ acting 5/5
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 12:25:51 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 749 750 [751] 752 753 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.