Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:10:54 AM
714433 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 763 764 [765] 766 767 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2114382 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11460 on: April 26, 2019, 12:16:09 PM »

Buffet Frauds > Buffet Froid

If Asylum remade French art films from the early 80s I'm sure they would have made BUFFET FRAUDS, alongside THAT OBSCENE OBJECT OF DESIRE.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 09:24:22 AM by Rev. Powell » Logged

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #11461 on: April 26, 2019, 08:46:17 PM »

"AC/DC: Dirty Deeds" (2012)
The history of the Thunder From Down Under (from their early days on the Aussie pub circuit, thru the Bon Scott and Brian Johnson eras and ending with 2008's "Black Ice") is told via vintage video and live clips, photos and interviews.
This is another one of those cheap "unauthorized" music documentaries that are all over Amazon, all of which seem to feature commentary from the same group of British rock journalists (Malcolm Dome, Dave Reynolds, etc.). Long time fans won't learn anything new, but it's a nice little trip down memory lane.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 08:51:19 PM by FatFreddysCat » Logged

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11462 on: April 27, 2019, 09:38:21 AM »

RIFFTRAX: SHORTS TO GO: Eight shorts. One on seat belt safety, one about a kid obsessed with growing a plant, and a couple of really odd ones: one about a boy who really wants to own a doll, and a 1930s public safety short warning housewives not to wash their clothes in gasoline. Yes, some people actually did this as a cheap DIY form of dry-cleaning in the 1930s; natural selection took care of them very quickly. Even though I'd seen one of these last week (it was a bonus on another disc), I laughed out loud several times. These shorts comps are always a worthwhile pickup. 3.5/5.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11463 on: April 27, 2019, 03:29:24 PM »

"The Slumber Party Massacre" (1982)
The girls' basketball team assembles for an all-night party, which is rudely interrupted by an escaped maniac whose weapon of choice is an absurdly large power drill. Hilarity ensues.
A pretty typical slab of '80s T&A slasher junk, followed by two sequels (of course).

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11464 on: April 28, 2019, 08:27:05 AM »

THE SIGNAL (2007): A mysterious signal broadcast through television distorts people's thinking and turns an entire city into a bunch of homicidal maniacs. Sectioned among three directors (the middle is done as black comedy, while the opening and closing are straightforward horror), this is a curious experiment that dives into the characters' deluded psychologies and has you completely baffled as to what's real and what's imagined by the end. 3.5/5.

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #11465 on: April 28, 2019, 01:30:28 PM »

I'm seeing this movie as soon as I can.

https://ew.com/movies/2019/04/17/hail-satan-documentary-penny-lane/?utm_content=link&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly_entertainmentweekly&utm_term=4537179A-6144-11E9-91A8-7BCF984234C2&fbclid=IwAR2h-PmDMOVLdrKKnOnDiP7fy-_2ERLiVxPaSoLWANud8GUocjOckEBImXI

I watched the preview and saw one particularly chilling thing:

An anti satanist protestor held a sign that said "Satanism is evil. Evil has no rights!"

That is chilling because this woman was essentially saying that people who disagree with her views -and are therefore automatically evil in her view- have no rights.
 Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout

BTW, the satanists in this movie are more of a political movement than an actual satanic religious organization. They admit to basically seeing satan as essentially a troll and are trolling with their movement.

It can take so,me time to get to the link, possibly because some people are trying to use DOS attacks on it.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11466 on: April 28, 2019, 03:54:28 PM »

It can take so,me time to get to the link, possibly because some people are trying to use DOS attacks on it.

What link? It hasn't been released on home video yet, it's still in theaters. I can access the official page fine: https://www.hailsatanfilm.com/

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11467 on: April 28, 2019, 06:04:22 PM »

"The Predator" (2018)
An Army sniper, a lady scientist, and a crew of misfits get caught in the middle of a battle between two new Predators, as well as some shady U.S. government types who only care about getting their hands on the aliens' technology.
This latest addition to the Predator saga starts off well enough but eventually it falls apart under too many sub plots and moving parts. It was better than the last reboot attempt (2010's "Predators," with Adrien Brody) but that's not saying much. A resounding "MEH."

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #11468 on: April 28, 2019, 07:04:47 PM »

"The Predator" (2018)
An Army sniper, a lady scientist, and a crew of misfits get caught in the middle of a battle between two new Predators, as well as some shady U.S. government types who only care about getting their hands on the aliens' technology.
This latest addition to the Predator saga starts off well enough but eventually it falls apart under too many sub plots and moving parts. It was better than the last reboot attempt (2010's "Predators," with Adrien Brody) but that's not saying much. A resounding "MEH."

I heard they ruined the predator concept . after the reviews I saw I didn't see it.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Archivist

« Reply #11469 on: April 28, 2019, 09:57:34 PM »

Avengers Endgame (2019). Oh hell yeah.  TeddyR Cheers See main threads.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11470 on: April 29, 2019, 08:06:20 AM »

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (2018): Unstoppable bad guy Thanos gathers six infinity stones so he can kill half the world's population; Earth's superheroes try to stop him. So over-the-top and ridiculous that I was swept up despite myself. 3.5/5.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11471 on: April 30, 2019, 06:13:34 AM »

"Bohemian Rhapsody" (2018)
Hit docudrama detailing Queen's ascent to rock royalty and the effect that stardom had on their brilliant but troubled front man, Freddie Mercury.
I've never been much more than a casual Queen fan but this was an entertaining, absorbing flick, worth seeing just for Rami Malek's excellent performance as Freddie. Good stuff.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11472 on: April 30, 2019, 09:50:44 AM »

"The Predator" (2018)

I heard they ruined the predator concept . after the reviews I saw I didn't see it.

Yeah, they pretty much screwed the pooch for any further installments.
Not that I'm expecting there to be any further installments, cuz this movie tanked at the box office anyway.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11473 on: May 01, 2019, 04:38:26 PM »

"Operation Kid Brother" (aka "OK Connery," 1967)
A certain world-famous secret agent (who is never mentioned by name, of course) is unavailable when the criminal organization THANATOS begins a plot to take over the world... so his lookalike younger brother is pressed into service and becomes a reluctant spy.
This silly Italian James Bond knock-off is mostly remembered for its ballsy stunt casting, as it stars Sean Connery's younger brother Neil, who had never acted before he made this film. Several other cast members also have 007 connections, like Lois "Miss Moneypenny" Maxwell, Bernard "M" Lee, and Daniela "From Russia With Love" Bianchi.
The story is a mess and the dubbing is awful (Neil Connery didn't even dub his own dialogue for the English language version!), but there are lotsa pretty girls and plenty of gorgeous European scenery, so if you're curious about the Eurospy genre, you could do a lot worse than this flick.

"Secret Agent Fireball" (1965)
Richard Harrison is Agent Bob Fleming, aka "077," who travels from Paris and Hamburg and finallly to Beirut as he tries to recover a stolen microfilm from Russian spies. Nothing special, just your basic cheap cloak-and-dagger stuff from Italy.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11474 on: May 04, 2019, 08:39:26 PM »

Lazy Saturday Double Feature:

"Operation Lady Chaplin" (aka "Special Mission Lady Chaplin," 1967)
Third and final film in the series of Spanish/Italian 007 knock offs starring Ken Clark as CIA Agent Dick Malloy, aka "077" (groan!), who travels across Europe on the trail of some nuclear missiles stolen from a sunken U.S. submarine. The "Lady Chaplin" of the title is a femme fatale fashion designer/arms dealer (!) played by Italian hottie Daniela ("From Russia With Love") Bianchi. One of the better "Eurospy" entries of the 60's.

"Bury Me An Angel" (1971)
A shotgun toting biker chick hits the road with two goofy male sidekicks to track down the rival gang member who killed her brother. The trailer and posters promise something way sleazier than the movie delivers. This is essentially "Easy Rider" with better cleavage. Watchable nonsense with a rockin' soundtrack, but not a must see.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 08:50:51 PM by FatFreddysCat » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 763 764 [765] 766 767 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.