Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 09:13:11 AM
716120 Posts in 53164 Topics by 7774 Members
Latest Member: ThomasEdumb
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2139944 times)
Vik
« Reply #4080 on: August 31, 2011, 02:27:49 AM »

Creepshow
Awesome horror. Romero and King prove to be a great combination  Thumbup
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #4081 on: August 31, 2011, 08:19:28 PM »

Resident Evil: Degeneration (2008): Following the disastrous events that occurred in Raccoon City, a new outbreak of the T-Virus in the town of Harvardville, the home of an experimental pharmaceutical company named WilPharma, sparks an investigation by special forces members Leon S. Kennedy (voiced by Paul Mercier) and Claire Redfield (voiced by Alyson Court) eventually teaming up with Special Response Team member Angela Miller (voiced by Laura Bailey) hoping to stop it from becoming a full fledge biohazard terrorist threat while also seeking to find out the villain or villains behind it this time around. How does it tie in with Angela's brother Curtis (voiced by Roger Craig Smith) who desperately wants the truth about Raccoon City revealed to the public and who has accused WilPharma of conducting human experimentation?

Well the plot for this proved far more complex than I expected (although I still guessed early on as to who the villain behind it really was) and the story was fairly well done and executed. It was good that we're made to care about the lead characters Claire, Leon and Angela in particular although Claire seems to factor far less in the overall plot here than I initially thought she would. Still storywise, character wise, this was well executed. It even had a creepy giant mutant monstrosity going for it. Still I found it a tad disappointing overall as while there was some great zombie action early on, it really dies down far too quickly IMO. Also this never really managed to really scare me which I think it might have with a little bit more effort here and there. It doesn't come anywhere near close to matching the creepy atmosphere of the games which always made great use of sound effects to send chills up and down your spine and knew when to make you jump. Still I liked the story, which really is more a mystery with horrific elements than outright horror. Honestly though I don't feel this was particularly memorable overall. *** out of ***** stars.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #4082 on: August 31, 2011, 09:58:12 PM »

Kung Fu Panda 2: Saw it on my plane ride to Key West.  Damn good film, just as good as the first film.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
claws
« Reply #4083 on: August 31, 2011, 11:22:18 PM »

Mega Python vs. Gatoroid (2011) Blu-ray

Debbie Gibson wants to protect snakes in the Everglades even though they have been killing the population of alligators. Tiffany wants revenge because snakes killed her boyfriend. Now she is feeding gators with growth hormones ... with very deadly results.

Even though more talented acting-wise but Gibson looks kind of scary at times, almost like an Imp. Tiffany's overweight suits her well and she looks much better, but her acting is just ... rofl. Fun flick nonetheless. Almost as good as MegaPiranha. 4.25/5 Cheese
Vik
« Reply #4084 on: September 01, 2011, 07:17:45 AM »

The Boondock Saints
A good action movie, but a lot of it felt forced. And Willem Dafoe was just horrible.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4085 on: September 01, 2011, 09:45:14 AM »

MEGA PYTHON VS. GATOROID (2011): A former pop star (Debbie Gibson) sneaks pythons into the Everglades, so to restore the natural balance another former pop star (Tiffany) feeds the alligators experimental steroids.  Remember how MEGA PYTHON was so ludicrous and over-the-top that it became perversely entertaining?  Well, this one's just dumb; when your monster movie's only real selling point is a catfight between middle-aged teen pop idols, you've got issues.  2/5

Now, I hate to disagree with Claws above, but I have noticed he is far more forgiving to movies than I am.  This bored me.  I think you have lots of better viewing choices than this one.   Maybe you should just fast-forward to catfight and be done with it. 

Oh, and it's too bad you can't transplant Tiffany's face onto Debbie Gibson's body.  Wink

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4086 on: September 01, 2011, 12:19:50 PM »

Everyone here should see HAUSU.

Well, I tried.  Made it about halfway through   TongueOut 

It was marginally bearable until they started with a musical number.  Then I just had...to...eject...   BounceGiggle

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Vik
« Reply #4087 on: September 01, 2011, 12:51:06 PM »

The Descent Part 2
Horrible. It didn't make sense at all, and did they seriously have to bring back the whiny main character?
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4088 on: September 02, 2011, 08:59:07 PM »

Surviving the Game (1994): Jack Mason (Ice-T)'s, an homeless man on the street who feels like he's got nothing left to lose, finds himself given an unlikely job out of the blue as a hunting tour guide. However he soon comes to learn that he's not to be a guide at all but instead the unwilling subject of an hunt for a group of hunters bent on playing the "most dangerous game" of survival, kill or be killed.

This was actually much better than I expected it to be. It benefits from having a great cast of character actors who for the most part all have plenty of movie and TV experience. On board here we have Rutger Hauer, Jake Busey, Charles S. Dutton, F. Murray Abraham, John C. McGinley, William McNamara and Jeff Corey which makes for a superb supporting cast. Ice-T as well gives a damn good performance and you buy into his character and his motivations more often than not. Action fans shouldn't be disappointed by this one although I did find it a little predictable in how it all played out plus some things seem a little far fetched at times and there's definitely some continuity errors but don't think too much about stuff and you should have a fun time. Overall it's an entertaining film that examines a dark side to humanity although not too intensely or at the expense of the action. Things move pretty fast here and there's always something happening or about to happen. It's a pretty suspenseful film too at times. A modern 90s more action oriented update on The Most Dangerous Game that isn't as good as that classic but is still a fun 90s action film. *** out of ***** stars.

Vik
« Reply #4089 on: September 03, 2011, 05:56:37 AM »

Alien
Still one of my favourite scifis of all-time.
The God Who Wasn't There
Awesome documentary. It largely confirmed things I already knew, but I didn learn a thing or two.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #4090 on: September 03, 2011, 12:41:27 PM »

CRUCIBLE OF HORROR (1970):  A mother and daughter hatch a plan to kill the family's cruel patriarch.  Reasonably well made, except for the fact that this dull ripoff of much better thrillers never should have been made.  1.5/5.

Don't feel so all alone, laddie....I paid 1.75 to see that nonsense back in '74. It's in PURE TERROR, which I bought about a month ago, and I watched it again, to see if it really was that bad....it was WORSE.

C ME DANCE (2009): A teenage girl who loves the ballet is simultaneously struck with leukemia and the power to convert unbelievers to Christianity.  Ridiculous and amateurish, but there's something charming about its sincerity, and it's surprisingly easy to watch (and gently mock) in an "ABC After School Special" sort of way. 2/5. 

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #4091 on: September 03, 2011, 06:31:02 PM »

I would take THE GOD WHO WASN'T THERE with an EXTREME grain of salt - those guys did some very sloppy scholarship.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4092 on: September 03, 2011, 07:52:56 PM »

Something's Gotta Give (2003): Harry Sanborn (Jack Nicholson) is a successful distinguished businessman seemingly living the high life, dating much younger women and generally living it up to the max that is until his ticker starts to give out and he has an heart attack while trying to make out with his latest potential conquest Marin (Amanda Peet). Soon he finds himself not able to travel back to the city and ends up in the care of Marin's mother Erica Barry (Diane Keaton), a successful playwright  much closer to his own age and Harry soon finds himself struggling with an unexpected interest in Erica who also becomes a potential love interest of Harry's Doctor, the much younger Julian Mercer (Keanu Reeves).

Watched this one with my girlfriend last night. It's one of her movies. It's really quite good, a romantic comedy that manages to pull at and play with all your emotions, sometimes even succeeding at making you laugh and feel sad for characters at the same time. The acting here is surprisingly good especially Nicholson and Keaton. It does have a few problems though. For one, it runs a bit too long and Nicholson doesn't seem quite right for the part at times. For one, it's hard to buy Amanda Peet or really many of the other women young enough to be his daughter/granddaughter being interested in him here. Still forgiving that and getting past it, this one is really quite fun and entertaining and rather moving. ***1/2 out of ***** stars.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #4093 on: September 03, 2011, 09:34:22 PM »

"The Mechanic" (2011)
Small | Large

Decent update of the Charles Bronson oldie stars Jason Statham as a bad-ass contract killer who takes his mentor's wild-card son under his wing and teaches him the business. A few slow patches bog this down but once the ultra-violence kicks in and stuff starts blowin' up you shouldn't be bored.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4094 on: September 04, 2011, 07:12:41 AM »

The Walking Dead (2010) - This is a TV series made by AMC.  There's a zombie apocalypse and of course the story follows a small group of survivors.  So far I've watched the first two episodes.  I like the way they obviously put some thought into portraying a "realistic" zombie takeover, as there were quite a few little details that impressed me.  Other details didn't though - when it serves the plot, the streets are full of zombies.  When it doesn't, the streets are empty and nobody acts the least bit worried about them.  Then there's the characters - they really aren't very interesting at all, they're just sort of there.  The main character has a severe lack of personality.  Kind of sad when the most realistic and believable character (not to mention most well-acted) is the racist that they're obviously trying to make out to be Satan incarnate.  And then there's the mega-cliche with the main character getting separated from his wife and child, having no idea where they went other than that they might have headed for Atlanta, and then reuniting with them a short time later.  Oh come on, that's a one in a hundred-million chance   Lookingup 

Maybe it will develop a bit more as I get further into the series.  It's worth watching if you're into zombie stuff, despite my complaints.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.