Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:32:31 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2094154 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #5910 on: February 14, 2013, 10:27:09 AM »

LASER MISSION (1989): A defecting Russian scientist is kidnapped in Africa because he can make nuclear weapons out of lasers and diamonds; his busty daughter accompanies a secret agent on a rescue mission. Featuring ludicrous action scenes, hackneyed dialogue, and an embarrassed Ernest Borgnine, this ROMANCING THE STONE clone is for connoisseurs of 80s vintage cheese only. This didn't work for me as a bad movie but it's not boring and I think some people here may dig it, so I'm going to give it a generous 2/5. It's in Mill Creek's Sci-Fi pack, but the violence and nudity has been cut out.

Just noticed Trevor reviewed this: http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php?topic=137884.0

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5911 on: February 14, 2013, 06:25:08 PM »

There were no lazers!!!!!!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5912 on: February 14, 2013, 06:37:11 PM »

There were no lazers!!!!!!

Maybe the "laser mission" referred to the bad guys plan, and there were no lasers in the movie because the good guys stopped them before they could assemble the lasers?

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5913 on: February 15, 2013, 07:35:13 AM »

Happy Birthday to Me (1981) - slasher about the 10 richest kids at a private academy. Then there are 9, then 8 etc. There's a picture of a girl on the cover of the DVD and the words "Happy Birthday to Me" - gosh, wonder who the killer is? This was pretty corny with lots of stuff that violated my suspension of disbelief to a rather severe degree, and plenty of "plot" points which were obvious red herrings. These "Top Ten" people at the school weren't even likable; a couple were jock douchebags, then there's the creepy guy, a couple nondescript guys, and a couple other girls who barely have any lines. The main girl suffered a head injury years earlier and we get some flashbacks over the course of the movie as she remembers more and more about the accident. That's really about the most interesting thing going on here. 2.75/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5914 on: February 15, 2013, 08:48:20 AM »

I just sat there waiting for lasers the entire time. They never came.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5915 on: February 15, 2013, 10:10:12 AM »

- Paulo Coelho
ChaosTheory
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5916 on: February 15, 2013, 12:37:58 PM »

THE CURSE OF THE FACELESS MAN - an excavation in Pompeii uncovers a body that isn't quite dead.  Interesting idea for a movie monster, but the story is pretty much just THE MUMMY, with a lead actor who makes John Agar look like Laurence Olivier.  Too bad this never got MST-ed.
Small | Large

THE BEATLES MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR - this was.....not as good as their other movies.
Small | Large

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5917 on: February 15, 2013, 02:42:41 PM »

A lady who works at a bank that handles international transactions gets contacted by a British Intelligence agent trapped in Eastern Europe. He asks her to help him with an exit contact and she goes to the British Consulate,just to get the brush off. She goes through several difficult tasks,including getting hyped up on truth serum and being captured by a Russian mole working within the Consulate.
Many critics panned this offbeat little film but I kinda liked it.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5918 on: February 15, 2013, 04:09:58 PM »

Jack- not much p**ses me off but that did. That, the bunny horror movie and the one where they kill the sharks. I hate those movies
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5919 on: February 16, 2013, 07:19:29 AM »

Zeta One (1969) - some girls from another planet are kidnapping earth girls and making them join their group. Meanwhile some gangster types are trying to infiltrate this group, while some secret agent guy is also involved. Pure silliness from start to finish, with lots of naked and nearly naked babes. One might almost think the nudity was more important than the plot Buggedout I enjoyed it. 3.5/5.

- Paulo Coelho
claws
« Reply #5920 on: February 16, 2013, 07:41:47 AM »

When the Lights Went Out (2012)

Yorkshire, England 1974: Family moves into new house that is inhabited by a poltergeist. The supernatural being targets the daughter and the parents must consult a priest who performs an exorcism in order to clean the house from evil spirits.
Decent chiller based on true events. Plot-wise not perfect, but I totally enjoyed the 1970s setting. They captured the fashion and spirit of middle class UK suburbs in the 70s without looking corny or cheesy. The usage of more or less convincing CGI did put a mild damper on things but, oh well. 3.5/5
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5921 on: February 16, 2013, 08:04:55 AM »

Last night I watched THE AWAKENING (2011), a quite satisfactory English ghost story.
Florence Cathcart, played by the lovely Rebecca Hall, is a post-World War I ghost hunter -
actually, a ghost debunker: she exposes fake mystics and charlatans for what they are,
and is generally despised by the vast grieving public seeking to contact the spirits of those
lost the Great War or the Spanish Influenza.  She is called to a boarding school for boys
where one of the students has died, apparently of sheer fright, after reportedly seeing the
ghost of a murdered boy who haunts the premises. Initially she seems to catch the prankster,
but then the sightings continue, and she is forced to question her rock-hard convictiong that
there are no such things as ghosts.

Creepy and atmospheric, this one was a bit slow in places (after all, it is a British film), but stil
very watchable and quite poignant - remniscient of THE ORPHANAGE in some ways.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #5922 on: February 17, 2013, 07:56:35 AM »

WRONG TURN 2:DEAD END (2007)-Henry (Black Flag) Rollins stars as a US Marine sergent who hosts a Survivor-type TV show set in the woods of W.Virginia. The contestants meet up with a family of inbred,deformed,cannibalistic hillbillies. Basically it's the HILLS HAVE EYES set in the mountains.
 The gore is so over the top in this movie to make it worthwhile. people get blown up with dynamite,gutted,eat BBQ human flesh,shredded into mincemeat,split in half-it goes on and on. A nasty bloody mess. Oh-and you get to see inbred mutants f**k,and one gives birth to a really ugly baby.Yuck.
If yer in the mood to be totally grossed out-this is the movie for you.Nice to see Henry in a large role,though-and he is a bad ass.

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5923 on: February 17, 2013, 08:59:16 AM »

Tremors II: Aftershocks (1996) - the guys from the first movie get called to Mexico to help them deal with a giant worm problem they're having at an oil refinery there. Much dynamite is involved. Kind of pales in comparison to the first movie, but it had its share of humorous moments. Most of the laughs come from Burt Gummer and his extremely large caliber weapons. 3.5/5.

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5924 on: February 17, 2013, 12:07:52 PM »

BLOODSUCKING FREAKS (1978): A sadist who puts on a Grand Guignol off-off-Broadway show as a cover for his white slavery ring kidnaps a theater critic and a ballerina to design his greatest production yet; the plot is just an excuse to show naked women humiliated, tortured and killed. It's a comedy aimed at two groups: those who get aroused seeing nude women killed and dismembered, and those who take pride in their capacity to laugh at human suffering. 1/5.

Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.