Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:03:46 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2093539 times)
ChaosTheory
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5925 on: February 17, 2013, 03:30:03 PM »

HENRY V  - the Branagh version

Small | Large

*dreamy sigh*

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5926 on: February 17, 2013, 04:26:47 PM »

I loved Bloodsucking Freaks as a teenager. It was one of the only truly weird movies at the local video store. I like it when they are disgusted at how gross the brainsucking guy is. His other movie The Career Bed is amazing and a little easier to take.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5927 on: February 17, 2013, 05:30:32 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-yZNMWFqvM

*dreamy sigh*

I am watching that with my World History Class right now!
They are snoozing but I am loving it!
"we few . . . we happy few, we band of brothers!"

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Bushma

« Reply #5928 on: February 17, 2013, 08:19:15 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-yZNMWFqvM

*dreamy sigh*

I don't know who the enemy is, but I'm now ready to go out and punch someone in the face!!

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #5929 on: February 18, 2013, 12:13:58 AM »

"My Bloody Valentine" (2009)

Small | Large

Remake of the '80s slasher in which a Pennsylvania coal town is menaced by a looney in a miner's outfit who's pick-axing the locals to death. Is it the same nutball who was responsible for a similar Valentine's Day Massacre ten years before, or simply someone picking up where he left off? Kerr Smith ("Dawson's Creek"), Jensen Ackles ("Supernatural") and even Tom Atkins ("Halloween III") -- when's the last time you saw him?? -- attempt to unravel the mystery amidst lots of gory over the top violence. Not the best slasher I've ever seen but not the worst either. Good for a few chuckles and a few jumps.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5930 on: February 18, 2013, 07:37:13 AM »

The Beast of Bray Road (2005) - a werewolf is loose in a small Wisconsin town and it's up to the sheriff and a cryptozoologist to track it down. This is an old favorite of mine; nothing too special, just a fun and cheesy movie with entertaining characters and enough little touches to let you know the people involved actually cared and put some thought into it. 4/5.

Endangered Species (2003) - a cop investigates a series of murders at various health clubs, eventually figuring out that the culprit is an extraterrestrial. First time viewing and I really enjoyed this. It has a really good sense of humor and actually made me laugh out loud a few times. Lots and lots of noodidity in this too. John Rhys-Davies has a good time as the a-hole detective who doesn't like our main guy, and Arnold Vosloo (the mummy from those  Stephen Sommers Mummy movies) plays an extraterrestrial who shows up to help our cop. Some fun special effects in this too, like a van that can turn invisible, so you've just got a set of headlights going down the road. 4/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5931 on: February 18, 2013, 08:55:02 AM »

The Killer Must Kill Again - killer's gotta kill I guess. This is pretty silly by most standards but amazing for an Italian movie. A guy tries to get his girlfriend killed and it gets complicated when someone steals the killer's getaway car. The girls are all hot but stupid. Any actual tension is accidental. The music is very cool weird sounds from analog keyboards and wah wah guitar except the eery who's in the house music sounds like aliens. basic but entertaining 3.75/5
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #5932 on: February 19, 2013, 12:09:49 AM »

"Hancock" (2008)
Small | Large

Will Smith is a rude, crude, alcoholic super-being who's in dire need of an image overhaul, and Jason Bateman is a P.R. executive who wants to help him turn his life around in this action/comedy/drama. The first half is very funny stuff, then it gets unexpectedly dark 'n' gritty in the second half, but it's a fun flick all around. 

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5933 on: February 19, 2013, 07:11:13 AM »

Grim (1995) - some people have a seance which apparently summons some monster which lives in a big cave system under their neighborhood. We spend the next 80 minutes or so watching these people make their way through the cave. This doesn't even attempt to make any sense. What's the origin of the monster, what is it there to accomplish? No idea. At one point the cave entrance collapses and everybody talks about how maybe someone will come looking for them in 12 hours. Then ten minutes later they're talking about how they're going to leave. Huh? A guy pulls out an amulet and says to another character "You saw me hurt the monster with this." No we didn't. WTF, did you forget to film that scene or something? Of course the cave is all lit with spotlights even though it's apparently never been explored before. And it is so damned boring, just these completely undeveloped characters slowly walking down passages, talking about meaningless crap forever and ever. 1.5/5.

- Paulo Coelho
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #5934 on: February 20, 2013, 12:35:39 AM »

"Hellboy" (2004)

Small | Large

Stylish fantasy/adventure from Guillermo Del Toro, based on the Dark Horse comic book about an inter-dimensional, cigar smoking, beer drinking demon critter who was adopted by humans as a baby and fights monsters for the FBI now that he's all grown up. As you might expect from Del Toro, the flick is a visual treat, with plenty of action, nasty looking creatures and an overall sense of goofy fun. Ron Perlman is great as the totally-deadpan Hellboy. I somehow missed out on this flick back in the day but I was very impressed and will be looking into "Hellboy II" as soon as I can.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #5935 on: February 20, 2013, 07:01:26 AM »

"Superman/Shazam: The Return of Black Adam"
http://www.youtube.com/v/cIuK_r0kcQg

This cool collection of four animated shorts from DC Comics kicks off with an epic Superman battle, as Clark Kent travels to Fawcett City to cover the inspirational story of young Billy Batson. When Billy suddenly comes under attack from the sinister Black Adam, he fortunately discovers his Captain Marvel powers at exactly the right moment to help Superman save the day.

The DVD is rounded out by three additional 'toons featuring The Spectre, Green Arrow, and Jonah Hex. Cool stuff for comic geeks.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #5936 on: February 20, 2013, 09:20:43 AM »

A LIAR'S AUTOBIOGRAPHY: THE UNTRUE STORY OF MONTY PYTHON'S GRAHAM CHAPMAN (2012): Ex-Python Graham Chapman reads from his fictional autobiography, with a dozen different animators illustrating scenes in vastly different styles; topics covered include his battle with alcoholism and with sitting on people's faces in all sorts of places. The definition of uneven, with flashes of Pythonesque WTFiness lighting up long, meandering dull stretches; specialized audiences may dig it. 3/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5937 on: February 20, 2013, 09:23:55 AM »

Curse of the Puppet Master (1998) - a mad scientist guy is in possession of the living puppets from the previous movies. He'd like to make more so he hires a rather slow guy from a local gas station, who has a talent for wood carving, to work for him (it's a David DeCoteau movie so you'll be seeing this guy in his underwear on more than one occasion). The scientist's daughter soon falls in love with gas station guy, but of course dad's got other - evil - plans for him. This was pretty enjoyable. More character-based, didn't have much of a plot at all, but the characters were well developed and entertaining. Your usual cheesy Full Moon thing. 3.5/5.

- Paulo Coelho
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #5938 on: February 20, 2013, 09:20:02 PM »

Watched and enjoyed Howl's Moving Castle (2004). It is kind of a weird mish mash of magic and sorcery, rural settings and Western European like cities with futuristic battle machines and steam powered devices a theme throughout. Definitely has a steampunk feel going on although the story is focused mainly on sorcery as a cursed young woman turned into an old woman much before her time finds herself seeking the aid of a troubled young wizard who mostly just wants to be left alone but feels compelled to do his part to try and stop a mindless war being fought for stupid reasons. This keeps you interested and has lots of cool, fun and unusual characters one comes to like, even some rather unexpected ones. A very enjoyable little film, its only real flaw I guess is that sometimes the characters and their motives hardly seem sympathetic (although this does also seem to make many characters seem more real on some levels). The animation and visuals and also quite enthralling. At times, the animation, especially the moving castle has an almost Monty Python animation feeling going down...In the end, this was better than I expected. **** out of ***** stars.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
dean

« Reply #5939 on: February 21, 2013, 12:02:42 AM »

Watched and enjoyed Howl's Moving Castle (2004). It is kind of a weird mish mash of magic and sorcery, rural settings and Western European like cities with futuristic battle machines and steam powered devices a theme throughout. Definitely has a steampunk feel going on although the story is focused mainly on sorcery as a cursed young woman turned into an old woman much before her time finds herself seeking the aid of a troubled young wizard who mostly just wants to be left alone but feels compelled to do his part to try and stop a mindless war being fought for stupid reasons. This keeps you interested and has lots of cool, fun and unusual characters one comes to like, even some rather unexpected ones. A very enjoyable little film, its only real flaw I guess is that sometimes the characters and their motives hardly seem sympathetic (although this does also seem to make many characters seem more real on some levels). The animation and visuals and also quite enthralling. At times, the animation, especially the moving castle has an almost Monty Python animation feeling going down...In the end, this was better than I expected. **** out of ***** stars.

The thing I like most about many of Ghibli's films is that the villains are very ambiguous or not total evil stereotypes.  The 'evil witch' ends up being a bit of a dottering fool who by the end is quite sympathetic for example.  Another example is the Queen of Iron Town in Princess Mononoke.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.