Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:29:20 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 438 439 [440] 441 442 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2094080 times)
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #6585 on: July 26, 2013, 09:13:23 PM »

"Quick Change" (1990)

Small | Large

Bill Murray dresses as a clown and robs a Midtown Manhattan bank, which goes off without a hitch....however, making it to the airport to escape proves to be a problem for him and his two sidekicks (Randy Quaid and Geena Davis) as they encounter mobsters, insane bus drivers, car thieves, and the N.Y.P.D.

A very funny, overlooked "caper" comedy with a great cast. Recommended.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
VenomX73

« Reply #6586 on: July 27, 2013, 08:34:40 AM »

Small | Large

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #6587 on: July 27, 2013, 12:23:53 PM »

Re-watched "Sharknado" with my ten year old son this morning. He thought it was a hoot, especially the now infamous "chainsawing" scene at the end...

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #6588 on: July 27, 2013, 07:15:53 PM »

MST3K: CODE NAME: DIAMOND HEAD: The experiment is a failed TV pilot for a spy-type series set in Hawaii; it's not terrible, just terribly mediocre. There's not too much ridiculousness for the guys to latch on to. The short "Day at the Fair" was a little better, but no classic. In Deep 13 Frank & Dr. F are obsessed with cleanliness, and on the Satellite of Love Magic Voice and Cambot show Crow and Tom a series of roommates who would be worse than Mike. Not a favorite episode but even the worst are somewhat entertaining. 3/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #6589 on: July 27, 2013, 10:49:02 PM »

I watched a British zombie movie called ZOMBIE LOVER last night.  Avoid at all costs.  I tried to watch all of it, but after the first half hour I found myself fast forwarding hoping SOMETHING would happen.  Awful film.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6590 on: July 28, 2013, 07:01:32 AM »

Tombs of the Blind Dead (1972) - watched this again. I seem to have developed a fondness for these slow-as-molasses Eurohorror things lately. Anyhow, a girl ends up in a long-abandoned village / castle type thing where the undead Templars hang out. Things don't end well for her. Later her two friends come looking for her, along with a couple of smugglers whom they invite along for no discernible reason. Cheesy and ridiculous - I find it all very entertaining TeddyR Very atmospheric, that's my favorite thing about these movies. 4/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
claws
« Reply #6591 on: July 28, 2013, 12:37:58 PM »

All the Kind Strangers (1974)

A journalist traveling back roads gives a young kid a ride home. The boy lives with his mom and siblings in the deepest sticks, far away from civilization. The journalist is invited to stay for dinner and overnight due to car trouble. When he meets and greets the mother in the kitchen she writes HELP! in flour - it appears the orphan kids are forcing strangers to be their parents. If they don't cooperate they will be killed...

Backwoods-ish Thriller-Drama made for TV and a personal favorite of mine. Not a classic by any means but has its share of creepy moments. 4/5
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #6592 on: July 28, 2013, 03:06:09 PM »

"Back to the Future" (1985)

Small | Large

The fantasy classic with Michael J. Fox as an '80s teen stuck in the 1950s still holds up very well all these years later. I watched it with my ten year old son and he enjoyed it too.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6593 on: July 28, 2013, 04:16:41 PM »

"the mother in the kitchen she writes HELP! in flour "

I bet my Mom did that
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6594 on: July 29, 2013, 06:53:43 AM »

Return of the Evil Dead (1973) - another repeat viewing. The undead blind Templars are back to attack a village of people celebrating the 500th anniversary of the night of their execution. This is probably my least favorite of the 4 movies, something about having a whole village being attacked just doesn't work for me. I dunno, it's just a bit silly and it kind of ruins the atmosphere. These movies work much better when it's just a few people out at some remote location. It's not bad though. Kind of grew on me a bit since watching it the first time. 3.25/5.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 08:03:25 AM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #6595 on: July 29, 2013, 07:35:24 AM »

"The Fog" (2005)
http://www.youtube.com/v/6m31wSrpHTc
Totally unnecessary remake of the John Carpenter classic stars Tom "Smallville" Welling, Maggie Grace and Selma Blair as residents of an island fishing village menaced by the vengeful ghosts of a sunken ship's crew. Some occasionally nifty fog effects but no atmosphere or suspense whatsoever. This didn't even scare my ten year old. Stick with the original.

"Body Count" (1997)
http://www.youtube.com/v/SJ_YibruCEQ
Also known as "Below Utopia," Alyssa Milano stars in this suspense thriller as a soon-to-be-bride meeting her fiancee's dysfunctional-but-rich-as-hell family for the first time at their palatial estate... then the festivities are interrupted by a gang of home-invadin', cap-bustin' art thievin' gangstas led by Ice-T. This is pretty predictable stuff, but Alyssa was at the peak of her late 90s hotness when she made this flick and she's wearing a body-hugging dress for the whole movie, so that at least made it watchable. :D

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6596 on: July 29, 2013, 08:07:53 AM »

Elimination Pursuit (aka 3 Constables) - early 80's Taiwanese kung fu movie released as part of the Rarescope series. Taiwanese movies often have slightly lackluster fighting, decent production values, nice sets and random quirky stuff (like the apes in Shaolin Invincibles) that's what I've noticed anyway. This was cheap but effective: Roc Tien does a good job as the mysterious stranger guy, There is a lot of color and costumes and whatnot and, most importantly, about 100 people get sworded to death. As is often the case with this series, the print isn't so good and it's widescreen with subtitles rather than formatted and dubbed. DVD came with a good bunch of trailers for other rarescope releases which I think I'll check out. 3.75/5
VenomX73

« Reply #6597 on: July 30, 2013, 11:53:54 AM »

Small | Large

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
claws
« Reply #6598 on: July 30, 2013, 02:00:44 PM »

"the mother in the kitchen she writes HELP! in flour "

I bet my Mom did that

TeddyR

Skyscraper (1996)

Carrie (Anna Nicole Smith) works for an Air taxi company and flies passengers with her helicopter from one high rise building to the other. She's married to a Cop and wants a baby but her Cop husband isn't ready for kids yet, which p**ses Carrie off to no end. Soon enough she is flying a business guy who turns out to be some east-European terrorist ready to hold the world at ransom. He and his entourage of criminals set up camp in a skyscraper, and it's up to Carrie and her Cop husband to save the day.

Yow. Corny Action from the legendary P.M. studios. Well, the action is alright actually. It's Anna Nicole Smith (R.I.P.) with her non-acting skillz that turn Skyscraper into a giggle-fest. Not only that, she is also totally miscast - Anna & Action does not mix. Anna & H&M lace corsets and bras does, so that's why we get to see her wearing that get up in one scene. Other than that we get numerous close ups of her red painted long nails operating a steering wheel. The rest consists of a colorful variety of bad guys including American Gladiator "Malibu"and some Bulgarian Kickboxing Champ raping Carrie  Buggedout Rating: 3.5/5
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #6599 on: July 31, 2013, 08:29:56 AM »

Last night I watched a rather bizarre ghost story called TWIXT, starring Val Kilmer and Elle Fanning.  An alcoholic horror writer named Hall Baltimore stops for a book signing in a small town haunted by vampires, serial killers, and the ghost of Edgar Allen Poe.  While he is there, the sheriff, Bobby LaGrange, approaches him with an idea for a new book: THE VAMPIRE EXECUTIONS.  Baltimore wants to write the book, but he has a hard time coming up with an ending, so Poe's ghost and the teenage murder victim help him find his muse again.

If that synopsis makes no sense, then it accurately captured the movie as a whole.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: 1 ... 438 439 [440] 441 442 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.