Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:54:10 AM
714503 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 550 551 [552] 553 554 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2115445 times)
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #8265 on: December 09, 2014, 12:09:28 AM »

"For the Love of Movies: The Story of American Film Criticism" (2009)
SXSW 2009 Film Trailer: For the Love of Movies: The Story of American Film Criticism Small | Large

Short-and-sweet documentary that examines the art of film criticism - and its sometimes strained relationship with directors and studios - from the silent movie era to the present. Interviewees include Roger Ebert, Vincent Canby (New York Times), Pauline Kael (New Yorker) and many others.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #8266 on: December 09, 2014, 10:03:37 AM »

TWO DAYS, ONE  NIGHT (2014): A woman recovering from major depression must convince at least nine of her co-workers to vote for her to keep her job; if they keep her on, however, they will lose their 1000 Euro bonuses. Marion Cotillard is very good; the workplace-as-a-'Survivor'-episode conceit is contrived for maximum drama, but it does make its point. 3.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8267 on: December 09, 2014, 01:33:49 PM »

Maniac Mansion (1972) - various people get lost on a particularly foggy night and all end up at the same house. The woman who owns the place tells the story of how the previous owner died along with her chauffeur when their Rolls hit a tree. Eventually the owner and the chauffeur - back from the dead? - start killing off the guests. 

Probably the third time I've watched this (and the first time I've managed to stay awake through it), and I have absolutely no idea what happens in the end. All but two of the characters are quite unlikable and the thing drags along at a glacial pace. It has nice atmosphere in the old fog enshrouded old house, but that's pretty much it. 2/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
VenomX73

« Reply #8268 on: December 09, 2014, 06:33:56 PM »

Maniac Mansion (1972) - various people get lost on a particularly foggy night and all end up at the same house. The woman who owns the place tells the story of how the previous owner died along with her chauffeur when their Rolls hit a tree. Eventually the owner and the chauffeur - back from the dead? - start killing off the guests. 

Probably the third time I've watched this (and the first time I've managed to stay awake through it), and I have absolutely no idea what happens in the end. All but two of the characters are quite unlikable and the thing drags along at a glacial pace. It has nice atmosphere in the old fog enshrouded old house, but that's pretty much it. 2/5.

I think I may give it a watch... I enjoy cheesy spooky mansion movies...

I looked it up - aka The Murder Mansion 1972 - I hope it's in English?

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8269 on: December 09, 2014, 06:45:58 PM »

I think I may give it a watch... I enjoy cheesy spooky mansion movies...

I looked it up - aka The Murder Mansion 1972 - I hope it's in English?

Yeah, I've got it both on a Mill Creek set and an individual DVD and they're both in English.

- Paulo Coelho
VenomX73

« Reply #8270 on: December 09, 2014, 06:49:19 PM »

Cool. Thanks for the info  Thumbup

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #8271 on: December 10, 2014, 12:31:13 AM »

"No Code of Conduct" (1998)
No Code Of Conduct Trailer

Better known as the lead singer of Poison, Bret Michaels tried his hand at indie film-making for a couple of years in the 90s while his band was on hiatus. Bret's directorial debut was this vanity project starring his buddy Charlie Sheen (alongside daddy Martin Sheen, who should've known better) as a pair of father-and-son Arizona cops who tangle with a vicious gang of drug smugglers over a massive heroin shipment.

"No Code of Conduct" looks like a cheap made-for-TV flick and the script dutifully includes every cliche of the "buddy cop" shoot-em-up genre but it was a decent time waster in spite of the heavy layer of cheez.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8272 on: December 10, 2014, 07:33:21 AM »

Cool. Thanks for the info  Thumbup

If you can figure out what happens in the end, let me know  TeddyR

Black Forest (2012) - a group of tourists go to look at a little version of Stonehenge and are transported to an an alternate fairy tale world where we spend the next hour or so. It's like a dark version of a Disney Land attraction, with seven dwarves killing and then eating the hot chick (you can tell it's a lousy movie when they kill the hot chick first  Bluesad ) After much...stuff...the plot eventually kicks in like the afterthought it is and things draw to a close. Characters were dull and the dialogue was stilted. CGI was cheap. 2/5.

Gor (1987) - a college professor is transported to a medieval world where an evil king is conquering all the little villages in the area. Our professor teams up with a hot medieval babe with huge '80s hair (and some other folks) to overthrow the king. This was cheesy as could be (but no nudity  Bluesad ). Characters were pretty bland and the plot seemed more like a collection of random ideas to pad out the runtime. Lots of silly sword fights. Eh, the hot medieval babe got in a catfight so I guess I can be generous and give it a 3/5.

- Paulo Coelho
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #8273 on: December 10, 2014, 07:49:14 AM »

I watched DAY OF THE MUMMY last night, a recent release starring Danny Glover as an American antique collector who sends an Indiana Jones type to recover a gem from a lost Egyptian tomb. Not much happens for the first hour, although the mummy is kinda cool when you finally see him. 2.5/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8274 on: December 10, 2014, 08:12:03 AM »

Gor (1987) - a college professor is transported to a medieval world where an evil king is conquering all the little villages in the area. Our professor teams up with a hot medieval babe with huge '80s hair (and some other folks) to overthrow the king. This was cheesy as could be (but no nudity  Bluesad ). Characters were pretty bland and the plot seemed more like a collection of random ideas to pad out the runtime. Lots of silly sword fights. Eh, the hot medieval babe got in a catfight so I guess I can be generous and give it a 3/5.

Yikes: more South African made cheese.  Buggedout

Where on earth did you see this, Jack?

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #8275 on: December 10, 2014, 12:23:48 PM »

"This Means War" (2012)

This Means War (2012) Trailer - HD Movie - Chris Pine, Tom Hardy Movie

The partnership between two tightly-knit CIA operatives and best friends (Chris "Star Trek" Pine and Tom "Bane" Hardy) is threatened when they both fall for the same girl (Reese Witherspoon). A Russian mobster seeking vengeance on both of them for the death of his brother complicates things even further.

An entertainingly silly piece of fluff that's equal parts rom-com, slapstick comedy, and shoot'em up action flick, directed by McG of "Charlie's Angels" and "Terminator: Salvation" fame. Disposable, but fun to watch once.

(P.S. I can't say I've ever really taken notice of her before, but... Reese Witherspoon is pretty F'ing hot.)

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8276 on: December 10, 2014, 01:12:14 PM »

Yikes: more South African made cheese.  Buggedout

Where on earth did you see this, Jack?

Oh I found that on Netflix  Smile

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #8277 on: December 10, 2014, 01:44:06 PM »

A couple of "best documentary" nominees.

CITIZENFOUR (2014): Filmmaker Laura Poitras' record of reporter Glenn Greenwald's meetings with NSA whistleblower Eric Snowden. An important subject, but the only substantive things this film adds to the existing record are an examination of the journalistic tactics used (interesting, but collateral) and the opportunity to observe Snowden's stoic idealism firsthand. 3.5/5.

THE MISSING PICTURE (2013): Rithy Panh remembers his boyhood growing up in a Cambodian work camp under Pol Pot's genocidal regime, using clay figures of his own design to recreate horrors from the past. Heartbreaking. 4/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #8278 on: December 10, 2014, 03:13:40 PM »

I Am Number Four: this was a big surprise as I enjoyed it - Music by my homeboy Trevor Rabin and with Judith Hoag in a role: great.  TeddyR

I always knew you had good taste for someone who never changed their underwear, and this proves it. I liked it, too. While the film was set to be the 1st film in a series of films, no more, for whatever reason, was made after this one, which was based on the teen book series by Jobe Hughes and James Frey writing as Pittacus Lore.

I think the most interesting fact coming out of the film was that the young actor who played Number 3 in the film, Greg Townley, was Chloe Grace Moretz' stunt double in "Kick Ass."
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8279 on: December 10, 2014, 07:53:21 PM »

X men- Days of Future Past - yay J law. I love J Law 5/5
Pages: 1 ... 550 551 [552] 553 554 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.