Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:33:45 PM
714494 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2115215 times)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #960 on: March 13, 2009, 10:52:15 PM »

Alive or Dead (2008) - Two girls get kidnapped and taken to a large house out in the desert.  They wander around exploring the place, then some fat retard who's also wandering around finally remembers that he's supposed to kill them, so he chases them around for a while.  It would be fairly easy to get away from this guy, but the girls only have about a half an IQ point advantage on him.  Anyhow, this plays out to its inevitable Hills have Eyes ripoff conclusion, then they toss in a pathetic twist ending.  Hmmm...terrible script, all the dialog is unrealistic, and even though the whole freakin' movie is about these two girls, there's no character development at all.  Boring.  Yup, really boring.  Not a hint of suspense, no atmosphere, this has got nothing at all.  Seriously, I've put more effort into taking a dump than was put into any aspect of making this movie.  1.5/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #961 on: March 14, 2009, 06:36:19 PM »

DOUBLE INDEMNITY (1944): A lecherous insurance salesman (Fred MacMurray) allows himself to be seduced by a woman (Barbara Stanwyck) who wants her rich husband out of the way. All the classic film noir elements--light and shadow, a femme fatale, a complex but doomed scheme--appear here in their purest form.  4.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #962 on: March 14, 2009, 07:23:51 PM »

Naruto: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow

I am a fan of the series and I wanted to do my own review on it, so I decided to watch this movie again.  It's just basic filler, nothing more and nothing less.  With some good battles, an alright script, and likeable characters, this was an ok movie.  However, this movie uses every trick in the book from an evil person running a country to a princess, this movie isn't that original.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #963 on: March 14, 2009, 10:52:38 PM »

The Slaughterhouse Massacre (2005) - Some kids go out to an abandoned slaughterhouse to party.  Legend has it that the local slasher, Marty Sickle, still inhabits the place.  The plot is straight out of chapter one of The Idiots Guide To Writing A Slasher.  Characters are highly original, you've got the jock douchebag, his b***hy girlfriend, the jock-not-so-douchebag, and his bubble headed girlfriend.  Jock Douchebag brings a camcorder along, so we're treated to lots of lousy quality shots through that piece of crap.  There's a fair amount of nudity, at least in the first part of the movie.  The sound is crappy, can't make out quite a bit of the dialog.  Acting, directing, etc., all fairly substandard.  2/5.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 10:54:21 PM by Jack » Logged

- Paulo Coelho
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #964 on: March 15, 2009, 07:39:28 AM »

Hollywood Rocks! (2007)

Documentary about the 80's sunset strip metal scene. It's the visual companion to the awesome 4-cd box-set of the same name put out a couple of years back. This film was a massive, massive let down for me. Deadline have put no effort into this at all, as I thought I was going to see alot of footage from the 80's. Hell No! It was just interviews taken from other bands DVD's, most of the footage was about 5 years old anyway and really boring, with an awful disinterested narrator over it all. Small music segments are played with the camera panning over the same flyer about 20 times, zooming in and out. It's like this was put together on someone's computer for a youtube vid. Very sub-standard indeed. The worst part is that the whole thing ends up all about the rise of Guns N' Roses. Plus, quick clips of old videos by the likes of Keel and Jetboy that are all dated wrong!!

All in all, this film pales in comparison to the mighty "DOTWC II: Metal Years".
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 09:10:11 AM by Circus_Circus » Logged

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #965 on: March 15, 2009, 09:06:20 AM »

I watched the 2008 version of DEATH RACE with Jason Stathem that was pretty good - lots of nice action sequences and a lovely snarling warden as a villain.  Then, for good measure, I watched The Asylum's knock-off DEATH RACERS . . .  oh, the pain!  It was horrible!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
dean

« Reply #966 on: March 15, 2009, 09:10:59 AM »

Am currently watching in the background Wrath of Khan whilst I'm cleaning the study.  Needless to say so far I've been only partially successful.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Torgo

« Reply #967 on: March 16, 2009, 02:28:53 AM »

BACK TO THE FUTURE   **** out of ****     BACK TO THE FUTURE PART II  ***1/2   BACK TO THE FUTURE PART III   ***

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #968 on: March 16, 2009, 07:59:27 AM »

Nightmare Man (2006) - Two couples are having a party at a house way out in the woods.  An insane girl shows up, screaming and claiming she's being attacked by someone.  At first they don't know whether to take her seriously or not, but of course the title of the movie is Nightmare Man, so you can imagine what happens.  Pretty good movie overall, Tiffany Shepis is in it and does a fantastic job with her character, and the rest of the actors are pretty good as well.  The plot was decent, it had a few twists that, although fairly predictable, at least added some interest.  A bit cheesy at times, but that fit the overall tone of the movie well.  Pretty good atmosphere, and the ending was downright terrific.  4/5.

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #969 on: March 16, 2009, 09:20:19 AM »

blast of silence  (1961) - this guy figured  the 50's are over, let's go back to the 40's.   this is a very spare low budget film noir that has alot of the cliches of that genre but so what?  It still kicks ass.  and it has some updating, mainly in some "downtown" ish sort  bohemianism  lifestyles and nightlife and so forth (including a particularly silly bongo drum singer guy).  Not full on swingin 60's of course but not a pure throwback either.  like if the guy who did "carnival of souls" had made "taxi driver".  it's like ..urban alienation...or something  5/5

loves of a blonde-  the aren't all that many romantic comedy's that come from the euro arthuose so Criterion was I think wise to snatch this one u.p  Now maybe us film geeks can feel like we are part of society for just a moment.  relatively accesible though still "substantial"  ie it's in black and white and foreign, and actually funny in some places.  I would do anything to get meet a girl like the "blonde" here.   Where is czechoslavkia?  do they still have it?  or is it something else?   the czech republic right?  5/5

Torgo

« Reply #970 on: March 19, 2009, 03:13:03 AM »

ROBIN HOOD: PRINCE OF THIEVES   (1991)  *** out of ****.   Goofy Kevin Costner starring re-telling of the classic tale.  Movie is all over the map tone wise which actually adds to the proceedings. Alan Rickman rules the movie with a scene stealing and scenery chewing performance as the evil Sheriff of Nottingham.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #971 on: March 20, 2009, 09:36:44 AM »

His name was Jason (2009) *** out of **** - Basically this was a documentary of the Friday the 13th series, including talking from producers and directors from the films and other horror films that have been impacted by the Friday the 13th movies.  Overall not that bad, I wish they did get a bit more into some of the special effects and some of the ideas of the films, but overall still pretty good.
Chang Saam
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #972 on: March 20, 2009, 02:55:16 PM »

A Boy and His Dog - it's been reviewed here so I can't add much.

Diary of the Dead - Well, it was better then Land of the Dead. Romero is right up there with Lucas; give it a rest. You peaked in the 70's.

Full Contact - Yun Fat Chow flick with some other familiar faces. Very good action flick.

Attack Girls' Swim Team vs. the Undead - another run-of-the-mill movie from Japan released this decade. Nothing special. But you may like it if you liked Tokyo Gore Police or Machine Girl.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #973 on: March 20, 2009, 10:33:07 PM »

Shadow Puppets (2007) - Eight people awake in an insane asylum.  No one has any memory of how they got there or who they are.  They explore the place, and find there's some sort of shadow monster lurking about.  It occasionally picks one of them off.  This was really quite good overall.  Excellent suspense and atmosphere.  Unfortunately, like almost every movie with a very mysterious plot, the ending wasn't nearly as clever or satisfying as I had hoped.  Acting was good for the most part.  The first three quarters of this movie were darned excellent, but the last quarter really knocked it down a notch.  I'll still give it 4/5.

- Paulo Coelho
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #974 on: March 21, 2009, 07:50:18 AM »

Slumber Party Massacre - 3/5
The Long Kiss Goodnight - 4/5
The Fly (1986) - 5/5
Lovesick Sicklove - 1/5
Return to OZ - 3/5
Kung Fu Hustle - 4/5
Hoolywood Chainsaw Hookers - 2/5

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.