Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:58:02 PM
714421 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 639 640 [641] 642 643 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2114131 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #9600 on: April 09, 2016, 10:38:34 AM »

MST3K: SAN FRANCISCO INTERNATIONAL: The experiment is a very lame TV-movie/pilot about the adventures of ugly Seventies people with long sideburns working in an airport. Yawn. The host segments are bizarre: Mike does his then-topical Urkel impersonation, and recurring characters (Jan in the Pan, Pitch, Torgo) turn up to laugh at it. A forgettable episode, though as always the riffing provides enough laughs to make it a decent watch. 3/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #9601 on: April 09, 2016, 11:32:19 AM »

Last night I watched a pretty decent film called DEAD OF WINTER.
A group of geocachers are driven by bus to a remote area in the Rockies to chase down a $25,000 prize.
But when they start dying one by one in horrible booby traps, they realize that a different kind of hunt is underway . . .

This one was pretty well done, and I didn't guess the villain till the end.  4/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
claws
« Reply #9602 on: April 09, 2016, 11:29:39 PM »

Ouija (2014)

Mourning the loss of her best friend who committed suicide, a young woman tries to contact her by using a Ouija board. She soon unleashes a deceiving evil force that is out to kill her friends.

Beautiful teens in supernatural trouble based on Hasbro's board "game" with heavyweights Michael Bay and Jason Blum as producers. The outcome is still very average to say the least. This plays out like a PG-13 version of Final Destination with a few unintentional funny deaths and mild suspense. However, Ouija has one little sweet surprise up its sleeve in the casting department. I won't name the actress but she's always good at what she does. A little more of her and my rating would've been higher 2/5.

The Millennium Bug (2011)

December 31st, 1999: escaping the millennium hysteria a family of three decide to go camping in the mountains. There they encounter a brutal backwoods / inbred family who kidnap the daughter so she can produce healthy children. Things get worse when a giant insect creature goes on a roaring rampage of destruction.

Over-the-top redneck-splatter / monster movie mayhem mash-up. Think Wrong Turn meets Godzilla with a bit of comedy thrown in for good measure. Surprisingly entertaining low budget affair with practical effects only. The first time director clearly had a vision, an interesting concept and quite a few original ideas but its still missing a final polish and smarts that would've made The Millennium Bug a underrated cult film. As it is, a good 2.5/5 rating from me.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #9603 on: April 10, 2016, 07:34:48 AM »

"Dead Snow 2: Red vs. Dead" (2014)
Small | Large

The lone survivor of the first "Dead Snow" enlists a team of American zombie "experts" - and some undead Russians - to help him defeat that horde of pesky Nazi zombies once and for all. This sequel to the Norwegian horror/comedy hit is faster, funnier, and just as over-the-top gory as the original. Ultra-violent, sicko fun.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #9604 on: April 10, 2016, 08:11:33 PM »

"Boa vs. Python" (2004)

Small | Large

Two cheaply CGI'd serpents battle it out, with a bunch of stupid humans caught in the middle. Nuff said. "Sharknado" looks like "Masterpiece Theater" next to this dreck.

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9605 on: April 10, 2016, 08:51:17 PM »

I watched a pretty cool little indie horror film called ROWS tonight.  Not terribly fast-paced, but well-done, with a great creepy ending.  3.5/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9606 on: April 11, 2016, 09:58:48 AM »

DIARY OF A CHAMBERMAID (1964): A Parisian woman takes a job as chambermaid at a country estate where the mistress is frigid, the master is randy, the grandfather is a shoe fetishist, and the handyman is a Fascist. This upper crust satire/melodrama is a great example of how "accessible" Luis Bunuel could be when he chose; with the exception of the relatively straightforward (and relatively weak) TRISTANA, it's the last in a series of Marxist-flavored realist films he made before returning to Surrealism for good. 4/5.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9607 on: April 12, 2016, 09:09:44 AM »

THE FOX FAMILY (2006): A family of foxes take human form and pose as circus performer; if they can each eat a human liver on the lunar eclipse, they can become human for good. Nothing really special, but the premise is exotic and the comedy is broad enough to work cross-culturally. Korean, with musical numbers. Female lead Si-Yeon Park is incredibly beautiful. 3/5.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #9608 on: April 13, 2016, 05:59:02 AM »

"Demons 2" (1986)
Small | Large

In Lamberto Bava's sequel to his '85 Italian gore-fest, those pesky Demons escape out of a horror movie being shown on TV and get loose in a luxury high rise building. Mayhem and gore immediately follow and so do many plot holes and lots of bad acting. Everything about this enjoyably silly splatter flick (the fashions, the soundtrack, etc.) is sooooo '80s that it hurts.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 06:06:41 AM by FatFreddysCat » Logged

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9609 on: April 13, 2016, 10:31:56 AM »

Alice Sweet Alice - this was a decently creepy 70's evil kid horror, I especially like the obese landlord guy, but the plot twist thing was baffling and left me scratching my head till the end. imagine if at the end of Fight Club we learned that Brad Pitt wasn't Brad Pitt he was actually the guy who invented the pet rock, just for no reason. thats what this was like but in the middle

still enjoyable 3/5
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 10:38:04 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9610 on: April 14, 2016, 10:38:46 PM »

Tonight I watched  a really twisted little flick called THE HOARDER.
Two lady friends visit a storage facility late at night to see if they can find where one's fiancée has hidden his journal - she think's he's seeing someone else, and has moved his journals to a storage facility to keep her from reading them.  But then, when they take the elevator to the unit's underground level and open the wrong door, something evil is let loose . . . and no one in the building is safe!

I rented this one with zero expectations, and it turned out to be a wonderfully creepy little film!  Great make-up effects, zero CGI, believable characters . . . this one is indie horror at its best!! 4.5/5

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9611 on: April 15, 2016, 01:20:24 AM »

Phantoms with Ben Affleck and Peter O'Toole (!!!) last night: that was bad, friends and neighbors!  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9612 on: April 15, 2016, 06:56:11 AM »

The Dean Koontz novel was brilliant - one of the most eerie things I have ever read.  But the movie adaptation majorly blew!

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9613 on: April 15, 2016, 07:20:26 AM »

The Dean Koontz novel was brilliant - one of the most eerie things I have ever read.  But the movie adaptation majorly blew!

Agreed: I still can hear Jason Mewes in Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back shouting to Ben Affleck "Yo, Affleck! You the bomb in Phantoms, yo!"  Smile Smile

Oh yes, forgot: what was Peter O'Toole doing in that?  Buggedout Buggedout
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 07:23:27 AM by Trevor » Logged

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9614 on: April 15, 2016, 07:22:11 AM »

MST3K: SAN FRANCISCO INTERNATIONAL: The experiment is a very lame TV-movie/pilot about the adventures of ugly Seventies people with long sideburns working in an airport. Yawn.

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

That should be on the liner notes right there.  Thumbup

Pages: 1 ... 639 640 [641] 642 643 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.