Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:36:16 PM
714501 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 662 663 [664] 665 666 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2115315 times)
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #9945 on: October 03, 2016, 12:48:16 PM »

"Autopsy" (2008)
After a traffic accident on the back roads of Louisiana, a group of twenty-somethings are taken to a remote, strangely deserted hospital… where a deranged doctor (Robert “T2” Patrick) harvests them for their body parts. An ultra-violent, extremely gory, yet also darkly funny splatter flick that is definitely not for the faint of heart.

"From Within" (2008)
A tiny church-centered Southern town is plagued by a sudden rash of suicides - and the locals believe it’s caused by a curse placed on them by a suspected witch. Two teens try to unravel the mystery before more of their friends die.
Cool, atmospheric creepy stuff, kinda like a Fundamentalist “Final Destination” movie...

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9946 on: October 03, 2016, 10:41:04 PM »

the Final girls (2015) - What happens if you take a team of amateur directors and actors who seem destined to make a garbage horror and/ or comedy film and give them a concept that is actually pretty good? That's this one in a nutshell. It's the kind of movie that comes in 9th or honorable mention on year end lists. there is no sex and very little gore, an american Pie type comedy mentality, dialogue that can charitably be called mediocre...BUT it does have an interesting concept.

I won't describe it and I'd advise you not watch the trailer if you want to remain surprised. Remember the Nightmare on elm St sequel where they like went outside the movie and the actors were haunted by Freddie? This is like that crossed with an okay American Pie knock off.

3/5
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9947 on: October 04, 2016, 05:56:59 AM »

Chastity Bites: A group of girls are recruited toan organisation promoting no sex before marriage only to find out the founder is the still living Countess Elizabeth Báthory. Enjoyed it, although there was nothing overly different or new.

Maggie: Arnie shows he can act as a farmer who has to watch the slow degeneration of his daughter into a zombie after she gets bitten.

Double Dragon: Terrible, but in a fun way.

Sharknado 4: This stopped being funny after the second one. Please stop.

Pete's Dragon: (The remake) The tone of this one reminded me very much of Where The Wild Things Are. With the colour pallete being very muted and the sad music playing throughout I suspect some people watching it would find themselves in tears and not quite know why. Worth a watch, but not one I'd watch a second time.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #9948 on: October 04, 2016, 08:17:41 AM »

"Christine" (1983)

John Carpenter directs Stephen King's tale of the deadly love affair between as high school nerd and his dream car - a demonically-possessed 1958 Plymouth Fury.
This one takes a little while to get goin' but once it does, "Christine" is still one of the better King adaptations.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 01:50:54 PM by FatFreddysCat » Logged

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #9949 on: October 04, 2016, 08:53:42 AM »

RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD (1985): Workers at a cadaver warehouse (!) accidentally release an experimental army chemical that reanimates the dead and, together with a band of punks, find themselves fighting hundreds of brain-eating zombies. Goth-y Linnea Quigley's striptease among the tombstones and quivering half-dog zombies are just a couple of touches that make this superior, sophisticated schlock. When I was 17 this was the perfect movie; it's still a fun time, but now I can't tell how much of that is nostalgia. Give it anywhere from a 4-5 star rating and I won't argue.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #9950 on: October 04, 2016, 01:53:21 PM »

"Madman" (1981)
A group of camp counselors make the mistake of mocking a murderous local urban legend known as "Madman Marz," and the axe-wielding backwoodsman re-appears for a fresh round of decapitations. That'll teach'em.
The story is obviously nothing to write home about, but thanks mostly to the splashy gore effects and decent production values, this semi-forgotten slasher flick is a better-than-average entry in the early '80s "Halloween"/"Friday the 13th" wanna-be sweepstakes.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #9951 on: October 05, 2016, 10:50:02 AM »

"Super Hybrid" (aka "Hybrid," 2011)
The night crew at a Chicago police impound garage is trapped inside with a sentient, shape-shifting, man-eating Death Car in a silly but entertaining blend of “Christine” and “Predator.” This “Hybrid” doesn’t rank very high on the horror scale but it’s got lots of satisfying car crashin’ mayhem. Fun stuff.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #9952 on: October 07, 2016, 04:41:23 AM »

"Captain America: Civil War" (2016)
There's trouble in the Avengers' ranks ... the U.N. wants them to submit to governmental control, which leads to a split into two teams - one led by Iron Man, who want to work within the system, and the other led by Captain America, who want to stay "indie." Lots of punching, crashing, and stuff blowin' up soon follows in an all-action, all-the-time flick which also finds time to introduce the Black Panther and the new Spider-Man to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Lots of fanboy fun.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #9953 on: October 08, 2016, 08:54:45 AM »

"Death Race 2000" (1975)

In the dystopian future, America is a totalitarian state and the biggest sporting event of the year is the Death Race, where drivers in souped up killer cars go across the USA, scoring points by killing bystanders along the way.
Roger Corman's cult classic sci-fi black comedy features a great cast including David Carradine, Mary Woronov, and even a young Sly Stallone. This flick never gets old!

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9954 on: October 08, 2016, 09:30:15 AM »

The Awakening (2011) - enjoyable British horror movie. The setting at a boys school with a ghostly boy who appears in photographs isn't wildly original and the resolution is a little weird but you know, there's a ton of horror movies and you can't expect each one to reinvent the wheel. 4/5

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9955 on: October 08, 2016, 10:14:28 AM »

THE FACE OF ANOTHER (1966): A man who is forced to bandage his head because his face has been hideously scarred meets a doctor who can create a lifelike mask for him; his first goal once he has his new face is to seduce his wife, who had become repulsed by his appearance. From Kobe Abe's novel, FACE is steeped in existential philosophy and dotted with surreal moments (a sunbeam turns a man into a roast pig) that will cause the usual yahoos to scream "pretentious!" as a ward against the dread spirit of independent thinking. It's a wondrous, thoughtful companion piece to either WOMAN IN THE DUNES or EYES WITHOUT A FACE. 4.5/5.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #9956 on: October 08, 2016, 01:18:12 PM »

"Ghosthouse" (1988)
A mysterious radio signal draws a group of curiosity seekers to an abandoned house which (naturally) was the site of several murders twenty years ago. Soon they discover that the house is inhabited by the angry spirit of a long-dead little girl and her creepy killer clown doll.
This Italian horror flick (from Umberto "Nightmare City" Lenzi) doesn't skimp on the gore, which is a good thing because it's the only thing that made it watchab!e. The characters are all idiots, the acting/dubbing sucks and the story and dialogue are a complete mess. A better title for this one would have been "s**thouse."

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #9957 on: October 08, 2016, 10:27:47 PM »

"C.H.U.D. II: Bud the Chud" (1989)

Two high school lame brains need a science lab project, so they steal a corpse from a military research lab. Unfortunately the stiff is part of a top secret experiment involving the C.H.U.D. enzyme, which means he eventually wakes up with a taste for human meat. Soon their small town is overrun with pale faced zombies who act like the Three Stooges.
This flick has a rep as one of the worst horror sequels of all time and now i see why.  This irritatingly loud, unfunny "slapstick horror comedy" has nothing to do with the original cult classic and is a "sequel" in name only. AVOID!!

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9958 on: October 09, 2016, 09:26:06 AM »

IF.... (1968): Mick Travis (Malcolm McDowell), the ringleader of a trio of rebellious seniors with "bad attitudes" at a strict British military boarding school, has violent fantasies about overthrowing the institution. Moving freely between hardcore realism and fantasy, infused with an adolescent infatuation with rebellion, and able to genuinely make your blood boil, this is one of the first and best anti-authority parables of the Sixties. 4.5/5.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #9959 on: October 09, 2016, 09:43:12 AM »

Monster Dog" (1984)
A rock star (Alice Cooper) returns to his family homestead after 20 years to shoot a new music video. As the shoot is plagued by several mysterious wild dog attacks, the crew begins to uncover the truth about their star's tragic family werewolf curse.
This cheap, cheesy, poorly dubbed Spanish movie is so bad that it's become legendary. The director would later grace us with "Troll II," which should tell you pretty much everything you need to know. For diehard Coop fans only, though it'll probably be a tough slog even for them!

Pages: 1 ... 662 663 [664] 665 666 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.