Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:10:08 AM
714401 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2113552 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #450 on: April 23, 2008, 02:22:39 PM »

monster from the ocean floor (1954)-    a vactioning woman who looks like Grandpa al lewis from the munsters hooks up with a scientist who has a pedal powered one man submarine and they look for the monster, who resides at the oceans floor.  The scientist is a goofball and the monster is goofy but it's a fun movie that's like a tropical vacation.  spanish stereotype characters are in poor taste.

they dn't cut the grass anymore- ridiculous ultra low budget gore fest, filmed in a long island backyard.  There are some sort of cute LI ladies but they are largely ignored infavor of really long really cheap looking gore scenes.  the head weirdo lawn care killer guy is supposed to be from texas but the actor doesn't do a southern accent.  it's really weird.
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #451 on: April 23, 2008, 04:14:55 PM »

they dn't cut the grass anymore- ridiculous ultra low budget gore fest, filmed in a long island backyard.  There are some sort of cute LI ladies but they are largely ignored infavor of really long really cheap looking gore scenes.  the head weirdo lawn care killer guy is supposed to be from texas but the actor doesn't do a southern accent.  it's really weird.

That is from Nathan Schiff, the same guy who did "Weasels Rip My Flesh" - one of my personal demons.  From one of the interviews I've seen, he used to raid his mom's freezer for meat to use as special effects.

The "Weasels Rip My Flesh" review:
http://www.badmovies.org/movies/weaselsrip/

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #452 on: April 24, 2008, 06:13:49 AM »

The Naked Gun 2 1/2: The Smell of Fear *** out of ****

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #453 on: April 24, 2008, 08:20:05 AM »

andrew-  the commentary track is preposterous
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #454 on: April 25, 2008, 12:48:19 AM »

Tonight's eye fest is "Delta, Delta, DIE" and "Phil the Alien" this one should kill about 1,000,000 brain cells.

moman
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #455 on: April 25, 2008, 01:15:15 PM »

Kill Bill vol.1+2, I really liked it.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #456 on: April 26, 2008, 10:04:14 AM »

linda blair in "born innocent".  she's awesome.  the movie is real downbeat but good and has a great finale.  very edgy for tv and good quality print.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #457 on: April 27, 2008, 04:37:58 PM »

Le Pacte des Loups (aka Brotherhood of the Wolf)   Some of us have talked about this before. It is a unique movie.  If you haven't seen it, it's set in pre-revolution France. A beast of unknown origin is killing the citizens of the Gevaudan province so the king dispatches his Royal Naturalist/Taxidermist. Accompanying him is his Iroquois blood-brother Mani.

The two become imbroiled in political/religious conspiracy involving said beast. It features a unique beast, an incestuous brother, an undercover hooker working for the Pope, and everybody is kung fu fighting.

This movie has several genres thrown into the blender.  It is a monster, kung fu,  love story, political thriller.

It's good, if you haven't seen it do so, you won't regret it.

I just rewatched last night for the first time in about three years.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #458 on: April 27, 2008, 05:48:28 PM »

A GUIDE TO RECOGNIZING YOUR SAINTS (2006):  An autobiographical tale of shiftless toughs growing up on the mean streets of New York.  With Robert Downey Jr., Chazz Palmienteri, and a cast of exciting fresh faces, it's well acted but adds little to the genre.  3/5.

DIARY OF A MAD BLACK WOMAN (2005):  Someone knew I liked weird, bad movies and thought I should see this.  They were wrong.   It's difficult to explain the difference between a fun-bad and soul-destroying bad to people.  This is a confused mess that tries to be a revenge drama, romantic comedy, and uplifting spiritual tale all at the same time.  It also has the egotisitical screenwriter playing three roles, including a painfully unfunny gun-toting granny in drag.  Just a freaking mess.  AVOID!  SKULL.

SHUTTER (2004):  Thai ghost story about a photographer and his girlfriend who hit a young woman on a deserted road and flee the scene of the accident.  Soon, a ghostly female figure starts to appear in his photographs.  Very obvious and only mildly spooky for the first half, but it picks up in the second half after the identity of the ghost is slowly revealed.  Decent.  3/5.  This has been remade in English this year, but I have no faith in Hollywood to improve on the original.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #459 on: April 27, 2008, 07:33:00 PM »

Beware:  Some Mild Spoilerage Ahead

Dracula II: The Ascension

I didn't really like the first one, thought it was a bit lame.  So I wasn't expecting much from this one.  However, I liked the bejeebles out of this one!  It was entertaining and the story was pretty good.  The acting was well done and there was blood and stuff, but not heaps.  Just enough to be in keeping with the story.

Diane Neal (Law and Order SVU) was a nice surprise.  I especially liked the way they didn't cure her and she ended up a vamp.  Makes way for another film in the series.

Beavis & Butthead Volume 2

What can I say about these lovable idiots?  They have me laughing and shaking my head sadly all at the same time.  I also liked the interviews with Mike Judge and the list of music clips that the guys "narrate".  Highy recommended.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #460 on: April 28, 2008, 08:32:04 AM »

Waiting...- ***/****.  This is a comedy from 2005 starring Chi McBride (great actor), Luis Guzman, Ryan Reynolds, Anna Faris, Justin Long, Dane Cook and David Koechner.  Basically can be called "Clerks in a restaurant", but it very much hits the nail on the head as far as how it is in a restaurant, and that's coming from somebody in that line of work.  One favorite scene is when the restaurant is about 3 minutes from closing and the cooks are lined up counting down when 2 customers come walking in and the cooks start flipping out and cursing them to hell.  I've been there myself.  When you work a 10/11 hour shift and want to get home and that one or two last customers show up, you want to punch them in the head. Smile

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #461 on: April 28, 2008, 10:10:40 AM »

Killer Klowns from Outer Space ** 1/2 out of ****

It was funny at times, but I though it was an okay film.

Batman (1989) *** out of ****

The only complaint that I have is that I couldn't see Micheal Keaton as Bruce Wayne.  I just felt he couldn't capture the full essence of his character.
Torgo

« Reply #462 on: April 28, 2008, 04:17:01 PM »

The Matrix   ***1/2 out of ****.
The Matrix Reloaded   **1/2 out of ****.
The Matrix Revolutions   *** out of ****.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #463 on: April 28, 2008, 11:19:39 PM »

FREAK OUT - British Gen X comedy horror slasher flick.

Per IMDB

Quote from: IMDB
Merv Doody (James Heathcote) is a true horror aficionado. He's seen it all. That's when fate delivers an inept psycho killer to his doorstep. At first, Merv is interested in not getting killed, but then it becomes something more. He must transform this bumbling reject from the local asylum into the ultimate killing machine. Enlisting the aid of his best friend Onkey (Dan Palmer), they set about making the best slasher in the world. Forget Jason and Freddy. They're losers. The man with the spatula (that's right, I said spatula. You wanna make something of it, Sissy?) learns his lessons too well. It isn't long before the man with the hockey mask and orange jumper is carving a path of destruction through the sleepy town of Redwater Cove. Merv and Onkey find that they are the only two who can stop the murderous rampage of their own creation. The only question is how do you destroy an unstoppable machine of utter madness?

IMDB says the budget was £30,000, where did the money go? The plot outline sounds far better than the movie actually is, it's worth is a look if you've been drinking all day.

Hammock Rider

« Reply #464 on: April 29, 2008, 03:44:47 PM »

I watched Wanted: Dead or Alive with Rutger Hauer and Gene Simmons. Nothing says 80's b action like ol' Rutger. He was fairly out of shape in this one, no Roy Batty abs for Nick Randall.
But it's a fun movie. Rutger delivers a heavy dose of justice and also has one of the coolest bad ass pads in cinema.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.