Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:27:38 PM
714582 Posts in 53100 Topics by 7748 Members
Latest Member: Lucinda02
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2115935 times)
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #825 on: January 18, 2009, 05:52:10 AM »

FROST/NIXON  ***1/2 out of ****.  Riveting political drama from director Ron Howard.  Falters a bit during the final act, but overall extremely well done if not at all times historically accurate.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #826 on: January 18, 2009, 08:58:00 AM »

Starship Troopers 2 - Despite what 99% of the people who have seen this say, I thought it was really good.  Some Mobile Infantry are stuck on a desolate planet, hold up in a fortress surrounded by bugs, while unbeknownst to them the bugs have a more insidious plan to get at them, from the inside!  Good characters, likable (or unlikable, as the case may be), well developed, good action, gruesome gore, boobies, you name it, this movie's got it.  You even get your choice of Dolby 5.1 or DTS soundtracks - I thought the Dolby track was much better.  4/5.

Flu Bird Horror - Some kids from juvenile hall are on a "wilderness adventure" type thing out in the woods, and are attacked by pterodactyls.  Actually I guess they're mutated condors, whatever.  I was initially put off by the kids with all their hip-hop dialog and crap, but once the movie got going, they actually turned out to be fairly interesting.  They think little of leaving the wounded guy out as bait for the birds so the rest of them can get away.  It's much more interesting than the usual bunch of Dudley Doorights screaming and whining for 90 minutes.  3/5.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 11:20:22 AM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #827 on: January 18, 2009, 09:59:00 PM »

EDMOND - A slightly better than usual IFC offering.  William H. Macy plays a mild-mannered accountant type who gets bored with his wife, ditches her, tries to score with a series of prostitutes, gets robbed, pawns his wedding ring, cuts up a would-be mugger, seduces a waitress, kills said waitress, verbally terrorizes an elderly black woman, then tries to get up and testify in a black church when the police arrest him.  He goes to jail, gets sodomized by his black cellmate, bawls out a preacher, writes a wistful letter to his high school prom date's mother, and ends the movie philosphizing about the meaning of life for ten minutes, then spooning with the black cellmate who sodomized him his first night in prison.

On second thought, this movie contained just about every single theme I hate about independent films . . .

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #828 on: January 19, 2009, 04:32:11 PM »

Jurassic Park

5/5

Flawless. TeddyR

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
vanlutz
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #829 on: January 19, 2009, 08:57:03 PM »

Man of the World 4/5
We're Not Dressing 5/5

Carole Lomabard was absolutely gorgeous. There was an extra added surprise of Burns and Allen in We're Not Dressing.
Doggett

« Reply #830 on: January 20, 2009, 08:59:19 AM »

Mary Shelly's Frankenstein

4/5

Much better than it's reputation.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #831 on: January 21, 2009, 08:43:53 AM »

Dr. No (1962) - Sean Connery stars in the first, the original James Bond movie.  Ahhhh...the good old days when movies were made for adults, and if the kiddies fell asleep because there wasn't a ginormous CGI effects sequence every 5 minutes, well, so be it.  A time when films were made by film makers - not by teams of accountants running spreadsheets on the buying power of various demographic groups. 

These MGM Ultimate Editions are awesome - the frame-by-frame restorations look spectacular on our HDTV and the soundtrack is rich and powerful - not that tinny mono sound I'm used to hearing on these movies.

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #832 on: January 21, 2009, 10:11:33 AM »

sex is zero (2002)-  oh boy.  this is the korean take on the american teen movie.  I watched the whole thing with the commentary from the guy from mr skin.com  who accurately points out which movie each respective scene is borrowed from either intentionally or not.  Bring it On, Fast times at Ridgemount High, Last American Virgin, all reaer their juvenile heads.  I tend towards the more anarchistic side of this genre like NOt another teen movie,  Revenge of the Cheerleaders, and so forth moreso than say American Pie so I was a little disspointed with the blandness of the characters and general mainstream friendly  romantic comedy sort of approach.   the high point of the commentary was the two guys salvo against the PG 13 rating and agree  strongly that it made stuff like "bring it on" less classic than it could have been.  bring back nudity!!  this has it.
Doggett

« Reply #833 on: January 21, 2009, 10:26:32 AM »

The Transporter
4/5 Jason Stathams accent ia a complete mystery...

Star Trek 2 The Wrath of Khan
4/5 I could've done with out the Kirk's son thing.

Severance
2/5 I could've done with a better film. Smile

Torgo

« Reply #834 on: January 21, 2009, 07:51:25 PM »

LAKEVIEW TERRACE      *** out of ****.  Samuel Jackson is great in this flick about an LAPD cop that is trying to force out the newly moved in interracial couple that has moved in next door.    The movie gets a bit far fetched as it goes along, particularly in the final act, but is still entertaining and fairly thought provoking.    Would have worked better though if it had been made as an R rated film though.  

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #835 on: January 22, 2009, 08:35:34 AM »

Miner's Massacre (2003) - a favorite of mine.  Some sexy babes and their boyfriends are chased around by the Miner 49er, who's ticked off about them stealing all the gold out of his mine.  Good characters, just a fun little movie. 

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #836 on: January 22, 2009, 10:26:44 AM »

Darna Ang Pagbabalik (1994)  -   Thumbup   here's something new:  a superhero movie that has a great story and charismatic star but clunky action sequence and laughable special effects.  usually it's the opposite.    from clunky to chunky,  Darna's marilyn monroe style curves seem a poor fit for an action diva at first, but she really wins you over after you get to know her, mainly as the alter ego Narda.  Darna is a eastern version of Wonder Woman and the story recalls the nazi era Wonder Woman stories but it set in modern day Manilla, where an evil snake woman masquerading as a televangelist has much of the country under her spell with her melodramatic sermons predicting the end of the world.  The one decent special effect is this gross snake little monster woman thing.   the main downside is really the special effect where Darna flies, which is about up to 1950's  tv standards. 
Doggett

« Reply #837 on: January 22, 2009, 10:41:58 AM »

Se7en
4/5 - Uber cool.

Doggett

« Reply #838 on: January 22, 2009, 12:15:43 PM »

Evil Dead 2
5/5 Brilliant  TeddyR

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #839 on: January 22, 2009, 12:18:25 PM »

doggett-  have you ever seen "the game"?
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.