Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:16:33 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2113307 times)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #975 on: March 21, 2009, 10:33:15 PM »

Alien 51 (2004) - Some monster (guy in a cheesy rubber suit) gets loose from Area 51.  It runs around killing people, while some other people try to chase it down.  It's all pretty tongue-in-cheek.  There are some hot babes in this movie, though little actual nudity.  Plot?  I have to say that if you're sober enough to care about stuff like plot, you perhaps should watch a different movie.  Acting is uniformly bad.  Heidi Fleiss gets lead billing, but she's just a secondary character.  Judging by her performance, I'd guess they paid her in vodka and cocaine.  After about an hour of this junk I found myself checking the DVD display, wondering how the hell much of it was left.  It wasn't horribly bad, just dull and stupid.  2.5/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #976 on: March 22, 2009, 09:47:16 PM »

THE EYES OF LAURA MARS (1978):  Photographer Laura Mars begins literally seeing murders through the eyes of a serial killer—a curse that turns her effectively blind at tense moments, such as when the killer begins stalking her.  A fine cast of Faye Dunaway (Laura), Tommy Lee Jones (as the cop), Rene Auberjonois (as the gay best friend) and Raul Julia (as the ex-husband) buoy this otherwise preposterous thriller.  Be forewarned: there’s lots of obnoxious disco music and (even worse) Barbara Streisand on the soundtrack.  2.5/5.

STEPPENWOLF (1974):  Suicidal Harry Haller withdraws into a symbolic dream world where he comes to terms with his dual nature as man and beast, his destructively cynical assessment of Goethe, the fact that he desperately needs to get laid and smoke some dope, and other problems facing 1920s German intellectuals.  A reverent and faithful adaptation of Herman Hesse’s classic novel with some cool moments, but the performances are too restrained and languid, some of the accents of the international cast are impenetrable, and many of the “money shot” psychedelic effects in the Magic Theater finale seem campy and dated today. 2.5/5.   

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #977 on: March 23, 2009, 12:00:40 AM »

MR. BROOKS  *** out of ****.  Extremely well acted Kevin Costner/William Hurt starring film that suffers from an overstuffed plot at times. But the movie still works thanks to the excellent cast that also includes Demi Moore and comedian Dane Cook.  Taut direction, good use of extreme bloodletting  and a slightly unique take on the serial killer makes this worth checking out.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Torgo

« Reply #978 on: March 23, 2009, 01:32:51 AM »

THE HOWLING   *** out of ****.  Not quite as good as An American Werewolf in London but just as in important in the history of horror. Nice pacing and a quirky sense of humor make this stand out. Dee Wallace Stone is adorable in this.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #979 on: March 23, 2009, 07:14:22 PM »

THE MOTHMAN PROPHECIES (2002): A Washington reporter loses his wife in an automobile accident, then finds himself spirited away to a West Virgina town where the residents are spotting monsters and undergoing horrifying precognitive hallucinations.  Creepy, bloodless "based on true events" chiller builds fine suspense through a series of unsettling, unexplained occurrences, and Gere is effective as a grieving widower who seems fated for even greater tragedy.    4/5.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #980 on: March 23, 2009, 09:28:06 PM »

Sea Beast (2008) - Some sea monsters attack people in a small fishing village.  This actually wasn't too bad for a Sci-Fi Original.  The creatures were moderately cool looking, characters were sufficiently likable, and they acted in a reasonably intelligent manner.  Of course, it had it's moments:  At one point a lamp cord was used to electrify an entire steel roof, resulting in CGI electricity effects dancing over the sea creatures.  There was enough action to keep it adequately interesting.  I'll be generous and give it a 3.5/5.  When it comes to Sci-Fi Originals, I've seen much, much worse.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Wag
Bad Movie Lover

It's a real cat and carrot situation

« Reply #981 on: March 24, 2009, 01:53:56 AM »

Resident Evil: Degeneration Leon Kennedy and Claire Redfield coincidentally reunite to stop another outbreak of T and G viruses. Aside from a few bits odd ropey hair that doesn't flow like real hair, this CGI animated movie is fairly impressive if you are impressed by CGI. It's no Advent Children though, and not quite as nerve shattering as actually playing the games, but entertaining enough. Just don't watch the self indulgent "voice bloopers" extras. They are not funny. 3.5/5

Where the hell is that soothing music coming from?
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #982 on: March 24, 2009, 05:17:08 AM »

Caught Doomsday, and I have to say it's my least favorite Neil Marshall movie, but still decent.  It's fun, but it moves a little too fast at times.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #983 on: March 29, 2009, 07:01:02 PM »

CARNIVAL OF SOULS (1962):  Dang, this creepy classic gets better everytime I view it.  I think the first time I saw it I gave it 4/5, several yars later I would have given 4.5/5 out of 5, and now I rate it a perfect 5/5. 

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #984 on: March 29, 2009, 07:09:09 PM »

CARNIVAL OF SOULS (1962):  Dang, this creepy classic gets better everytime I view it.  I think the first time I saw it I gave it 4/5, several yars later I would have given 4.5/5 out of 5, and now I rate it a perfect 5/5. 

The dancing in the abandoned amusements chills the spine everytime...

I've been watching lots of Red Dwarf DVDs, especially VI and VII

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #985 on: March 29, 2009, 08:14:11 PM »

DOA: Dead or Alive: Not finished yet, so I'll tell you what I thought later.  So far, the movie is only staying alive because of the sex appeal of the female leads and some cool fights.  Get rid of them all and I would be bored out of my mine.

Paul Blart: Mall Cop: This was a good comedy for me.  I'm so tired of all these rated R adult comedies that never appeal to me, so I liked the fact that this one was far more tame and didn't need the use of the f bomb or sexual innuendo or what not to be entertaining.  It had it's dumb moments, but I would give it a 4 out of 5 in my book.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #986 on: March 31, 2009, 08:26:32 PM »

TIDELAND (2005): A girl left alone in an old country house retreats into a fantasy world after being left to her own devices by her junkie father, all the while not recognizing the dangers posed by her mentally challenged adult playmate and his bizarre, vindictive sister. A sinister, shocking and fantastic movie about childhood's oblivion towards the dangers of the adult world that flirts with greatness but never quite reaches it. 3.5/5.

InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #987 on: March 31, 2009, 08:31:39 PM »

Alright, I finished DOA: Dead or Alive and I already did my review on it.  But to say what I thought about it hear, here's what I have to say.  The only thing that keeps this film afloat is the hottest actresses and the fight scenes, otherwise this film falls flat on its butt.  It's as bad as Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat the movie, but it is a slight step above them.  Anyways, the film is below average, enough said.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #988 on: April 01, 2009, 09:18:08 AM »

In the bonus materials on "Carnival of Souls"  they mentioned that some of the film was destroyed, a scene where the ghouls are seen emerging from the ocean.

MST3K I accuse my Parents - classic early episode.  This film is unique in that it isn't that bad.    It doesn't have that patented painful dullness.  The show was still rudimentary in some respects but this ranks highly if not at the very top. 
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #989 on: April 02, 2009, 05:55:25 AM »

THE MOTHMAN PROPHECIES (2002): A Washington reporter loses his wife in an automobile accident, then finds himself spirited away to a West Virgina town where the residents are spotting monsters and undergoing horrifying precognitive hallucinations.  Creepy, bloodless "based on true events" chiller builds fine suspense through a series of unsettling, unexplained occurrences, and Gere is effective as a grieving widower who seems fated for even greater tragedy.    4/5.

I enjoyed this one quite a bit. Gere's charecter hit very close to home with me. And having read John Keel's book made it all the more interesting.

BLOODY PIT OF HORROR-Hilarious! The Crimson Executioner's obbssesion with his 'perfect body' had me rollin'! A classick!!!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 06:03:45 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.