Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:45:22 PM
714659 Posts in 53102 Topics by 7748 Members
Latest Member: Lucinda02
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2116622 times)
claws
« Reply #3300 on: February 15, 2011, 08:23:32 AM »

Hatchet II: Unrated Director's Cut (2010) Blu-ray

Same location, more gore, new characters, less comical. Oh yeah, less boobs too. This sequel didn't gel as I thought it would which is odd since its from the same director.
It's basically a retelling of part one including the same but extended flashback of Victor's origins. The new characters didn't make me giggle once but the gore was impressive and CGI free. There are a few bad lines and the plot seemed kind of lazy. I have a hunch I will enjoy this more on my second viewing though 3.5/5
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3301 on: February 16, 2011, 07:42:24 AM »

Breeders (1986) - We meet some girl, she gets naked, than a monster shows up and attacks her.  Cut to the hospital where the doctor and the detective puzzle over the whole thing.  Repeat about 7 times.  **SPOILERS**  In the end the doctor and detective go to the monster's lair, throw about a half cup of gas on it and it ignites like it's covered in napalm.  Then the obvious mannequin falls over.  There are also some naked girls in a little pool of goo.  A couple of them stand up and go "grrrrrr!".  **END SPOILERS**  It was watchable, but rather boring.  Oh look, yet another pair of boobs!  Well, gotta give 'em some credit I guess.  3/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3302 on: February 16, 2011, 11:53:33 AM »

Tarzan (1985)- This is the Bollywood version. I rarely venture out into the Bollywood movies because their combination of epic length and sacharine sort of naivite is not my bag, but I have seen some stuff I really liked so I go for it sometimes. This is a light, easy to follow and all around okay movie but not one I would really recommend. The people who did "Disco Dancer" made this and it's not as over the top as that and the songs aren't as good. It does have some of its ridiculous charm though. I liked especially one song where they worked elephant and tiger roars into it.

The main draw here is the main actress Kimi Katkar. She looks fantastic and wears a number of revealing outfits. At one point she is soaking wet and you can see her nipples, I don't know how that got past the censors. Some of these Indian babes REALLY know how to fill out those saris.

too long, but I've seen alot worse 3.5/ 5

here's a  longer review
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 11:59:03 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
claws
« Reply #3303 on: February 16, 2011, 01:30:06 PM »

Saw 3D (2010) Blu-ray

Even though I have seen all Saw movies I can never keep up with who the actual killer is, or who did what to whom. Too many new surprise flashbacks, too many new surprise plot twists. That said, I really enjoyed this one. Stylish splatter in HD and lots of nasty moments that made me gag and turn my head. In other words, I loved it. 4.25/5
claws
« Reply #3304 on: February 16, 2011, 01:43:57 PM »

Breeders (1986) - We meet some girl, she gets naked, than a monster shows up and attacks her.  Cut to the hospital where the doctor and the detective puzzle over the whole thing.  Repeat about 7 times.  **SPOILERS**  In the end the doctor and detective go to the monster's lair, throw about a half cup of gas on it and it ignites like it's covered in napalm.  Then the obvious mannequin falls over.  There are also some naked girls in a little pool of goo.  A couple of them stand up and go "grrrrrr!".  **END SPOILERS**  It was watchable, but rather boring.  Oh look, yet another pair of boobs!  Well, gotta give 'em some credit I guess.  3/5.

I believe the pool was filled with alien semen. That was the impression I always got  Bluesad
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3305 on: February 16, 2011, 10:31:18 PM »

Clawed:  the Legend of Sasquatch (2005) - Ol' Sas man kills some people out in the woods, which riles up the local townsfolk.  So some drunken rednecks head out to the hills with lots of rifles and beer.  Meanwhile, some high school kids who are in danger of failing one of their classes head out to the woods to do a research project (and drink beer and maybe even, you know...).  This started out pretty slow but the action picked up halfway through and it got pretty good.  I really like the high school kids, their characters were at least moderately believable and not complete cliches.  One of the better bigfoot movies I've seen.  3.5/5.

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3306 on: February 16, 2011, 11:31:12 PM »

I believe the pool was filled with alien semen. That was the impression I always got  Bluesad

Of course it was!  It's the little details like that that make BREEDERS the work of art that it is! 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
claws
« Reply #3307 on: February 16, 2011, 11:52:12 PM »

Of course it was!  It's the little details like that that make BREEDERS the work of art that it is! 

Thank you. Sometimes I doubt my judgment regarding entertainment value of certain bad movies. Your comment just confirmed that I wasn't wrong about BreedersCheers
Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #3308 on: February 17, 2011, 05:00:19 PM »

Shawshank Redemption-Best movie to ever come out of the 90's   5/5

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3309 on: February 18, 2011, 12:32:31 PM »

WILD ZERO (2000): Ace is befriended by the band Wolf Guitar, who give him a whistle to call them, which comes in handy when a town is overrun by zombies.  Basically, this movie is about the magical power of rock n' roll (and to a lesser extent, love) to overcome the undead; it's more "awesome" than "good."  There's also a hermaphrodite and an invasion of flying saucers.  I thought it was a decent hour and a half but I think most folks here would like it better than I did, so I rate it 3.5/5.   

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Cthulhu
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3310 on: February 18, 2011, 07:14:40 PM »

The Orphanage

Very good, very creepy, very effective.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #3311 on: February 18, 2011, 07:18:07 PM »

The Orphanage

Very good, very creepy, very effective.

In my top 10 of all time that flick.  Thumbup
I think its utterly wonderful.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3312 on: February 18, 2011, 08:15:15 PM »

You said it, Doggett!  One of the most poignant ghost stories ever filmed . . .

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
claws
« Reply #3313 on: February 19, 2011, 01:10:51 AM »

Night Skies (2007)

Retelling of the 1997 Phoenix Lights UFO incident beefed up with John McCain archive footage and evil aliens attacking an RV full of traveling young adults. Solid B-stuff and Fire in the Sky rip off. 3.5/5
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3314 on: February 20, 2011, 07:37:06 AM »

Silent Hill (2006) - A woman loses her kid in the spooky town of Silent Hill, and for the first 90 minutes (it's two hours total) we watch her walk around and get scared by stuff.  Too bad we barely know her, and we don't have any idea what's going on, so you're basically left with a long parade of special effects sequences.  It's pretty obvious they were going for the whole 'living through a nightmare" thing, but I've never had a nightmare that consisted of one big budget special effects shot after another after another so it didn't work for me.  Eventually we do get to know this woman a bit, and they finally explain the plot, but it's fairly confusing (I guess I should have been taking notes).  Then there's a whole bunch more special effects and the twist ending.  The effects were really good, both in a technical and creative sense.  Definitely needed more character development early in the movie at the very least.  3/5.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 07:50:41 AM by Jack » Logged

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.