Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:56:30 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 416 417 [418] 419 420 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2094046 times)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6255 on: May 01, 2013, 06:31:03 AM »

Galaxina (1980) - some people on a police spaceship fly around and do nothing for about 90 minutes. Dorothy Stratten plays the android, Galaxina, who seems to control the whole ship via a fold-out panel in her hand. She falls in love with one of the guys on the crew. This was a comedy and the first half was mildly amusing. The second half was agonizing, with jokes straight out of a Bugs Bunny cartoon. There's some goofy action stuff at the end but I was long past caring and just praying for the credits to start rolling by that point. 2/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
claws
« Reply #6256 on: May 01, 2013, 06:48:36 AM »

Galaxina - a certified energy drainer.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6257 on: May 01, 2013, 07:51:57 AM »

Windriders (1986) - rock star played by Nicole Kidman, who does a decent job singing and dancing around in 80's Australian fashion, catches a glimpse of wind surfer whatever his name is and romance blooms. Kidman's band and stuff is kind of lost in the plot which is too bad. Windsurfing is kind of boring to watch. looks fun though. I don't normally surf the web while watching a movie but was deemed necessary here. There's a little screwball comedy, some not to effective can he make it to the big race tension and a lot of Australian people in diners and bars Australia-ing around. I liked it. Generally very light in tone. 3.75 /5
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 05:09:06 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6258 on: May 02, 2013, 06:38:44 AM »

The Evil Dead (1981) - a group of young people travel to a remote cabin way out in the woods, and find a tape which was recorded by a researcher who used to live there. They make the mistake of playing it, and the incantation contained within causes the Evil Dead to come back to life. This was really neat. Quite atmospheric, with tons of unique and original camera angles. Characters were decent. Of course you've got Bruce Campbell in the starring role. It turned into somewhat of a comedy by the end, but that was oddly fitting. 4/5.

- Paulo Coelho
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #6259 on: May 02, 2013, 03:36:01 PM »

DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL (2008)

ARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!

(with cheese)

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #6260 on: May 03, 2013, 07:36:25 AM »

"The Expendables 2" (2012)

Small | Large

Sly Stallone and his crew of aging mercenaries travel to Eastern Europe to shut down a supervillain (Jean Claude Van Damme) who's digging up a stash of decommissioned Russian plutonium. Naturally, lotsa bullets fly, things crash and stuff blows up. Good, mindless fun, with the added bonus of being a "spot the action star" game. ("Look, it's Chuck Norris! Hey, it's Arnie! Wow, it's Jean Claude Van Damme!")

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6261 on: May 03, 2013, 08:26:32 AM »

Brain Twisters (1991) - a college professor is using his students in a visual stimulation testing experiment. Not too surprisingly they start turning homicidal. A police detective teams up with one of the prof's students to try to get to the bottom of it all. I liked this, very '80s with a good Casio keyboard soundtrack. Characters were actually well developed and likable. Story was predictable, but the actors carried it pretty well. 4/5.

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #6262 on: May 03, 2013, 11:24:25 AM »

NIGHT OF THE HUNTED (1980): A beautiful woman with short-term amnesia is imprisoned in an unofficial secret asylum housed in a skyscraper with dozens of patients, all of whom can only remember events from the last few minutes. This movie has some pacing issues, including softcore sex bits that don't really fit the existential mood, but the patients' strange and tragic fate is interesting and unique in horror movies. The short-term memory loss is similar enough that I have to wonder if Christopher Nolan saw this before writing MEMENTO. 3/5.

DR. JEKYLL AND MR. HYDE (1920): John Barrymore stars as the good scientist who develops a potion that unlocks his wicked side in this silent adaptation of the Robert Louis Stevenson classic. As usual, Jekyll is a bore and Hyde is a blast---here, he looks like a hairy skeleton with a pinhead---and the scenes of depravity, with Hyde visiting prostitutes and opium dens and abusing the lost souls there for his amusement, are solid pre-Code fun. 4/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #6263 on: May 03, 2013, 01:29:23 PM »

DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL (2008)

ARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!

(with cheese)

I gave it 3/5

In all honesty, Keanu Reeves playing an emotionless alien was perfect.  Smile

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6264 on: May 04, 2013, 06:28:39 AM »

The Head (1959) - a mad scientist - Dr. Ood! - does a few head transplants while keeping the head of his fellow doctor alive in a pan. Meanwhile Christiane Maybach as Lilly looks totally hot.  Lilly is Ood's ex-wife, I think, and he likes her body but wouldn't mind putting a more agreeable head on her to create the total package. An admirable goal. This was fun and not too stupid for this sort of movie. It's made in Germany and that gives it a little different flavor than the American cheese of the time. 3.5/5.

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6265 on: May 04, 2013, 08:30:06 AM »

I think The Head is forever doomed to be overlooked in favor of the slightly better, other head movie. The lasagna pan one
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #6266 on: May 04, 2013, 09:43:46 AM »

Wasn't THE HEAD made by the same guy who made HORRORS OF SPIDER ISLAND? I'm too lazy to look it up right now.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6267 on: May 04, 2013, 02:05:51 PM »

Wasn't THE HEAD made by the same guy who made HORRORS OF SPIDER ISLAND? I'm too lazy to look it up right now.

I think they were both German, so that increases the odds considerably.  But I'm too lazy to look it up too.

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6268 on: May 04, 2013, 06:39:02 PM »

Primal (2009) - pretty good "back to basics" type horror movie. Not quite as good as the Norway snowboarding one but good despite a disappointing lack of skin. 2 couples and a comedy relief guy, now there's an idea whose time has come, go to see some cave paintings and encounter elements of pure evil! All the standard cliches and tricks are here. spare use of CGI. Really could have benefited from some nudity and originality but I'll take it 4/5 "She's having an episode"
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #6269 on: May 05, 2013, 04:09:58 AM »

I think The Head is forever doomed to be overlooked in favor of the slightly better, other head movie. The lasagna pan one

I've missed this kinda talk. If I mentioned that to any of my friends they wouldnt have a clue as to what I was talking about.*
This really is a special site!
  Cheers

*talking about Jan in the pan, right?

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Pages: 1 ... 416 417 [418] 419 420 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.