Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:30:07 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 426 427 [428] 429 430 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2094013 times)
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #6405 on: June 11, 2013, 11:15:18 PM »

"Devil Fish" (1984)
Small | Large

Also known as "Monster Shark," "Devouring Waves" and "Red Ocean" among other titles, this is a sh*thouse no budget "Jaws" wanna-be made in Italy. A resort area is plagued by a series of mysterious deaths and a crew of oceanographers discover that it's the work of a prehistoric species of shark/octopus hybrid. Yes, seriously. 

As usual with Italian horror flicks, the dialogue is nonsensical, the dubbing is bad and the effects.. well, they leave a lot to be desired. You barely see the creature in this movie and when you finally do it looks like an old sofa with teeth. On the up side, the female cast members are attractive and they spend most of the movie wearing very little clothing.

Apparently "Mystery Science Theatre 3000" ripped this movie a new ass some years back. I'd say that it was well deserved.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #6406 on: June 11, 2013, 11:28:22 PM »

Yesterday I watched THE MAN WITH THE IRON FISTS. It is a typical Quentin Tarentino flick - bloody, goofy, sexy, with over-the-top gore and ridiculous combat seqences, but very little in the way of plot.  That being said, I really liked it!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6407 on: June 12, 2013, 06:22:55 AM »

I've gotta check out Devil Fish - you've even got shirtless faux-fu action  BounceGiggle

Rise of the Gargoyles (2009) - watched this again. In Paris, a gargoyle is flying around killing people and it's up to an American author and a French journalist to save the day. A couple of cute girls in this, but otherwise it's just a slightly-above-average SyFy Original type thing. 3/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #6408 on: June 12, 2013, 08:43:15 AM »

Yesterday I watched THE MAN WITH THE IRON FISTS. It is a typical Quentin Tarentino flick - bloody, goofy, sexy, with over-the-top gore and ridiculous combat seqences, but very little in the way of plot.  That being said, I really liked it!!!

You know it wasn't directed by Tarantino, right? It was directed by RZA (the rapper). It's definitely a bad movie; I kind of liked it too.

ALICE IN WONDERLAND (1986): This is a British miniseries with four half-hour episodes. The good? It's very true to the actual text of the story. The neutral? It sets most of the poems to original music. The bad? The actress playing Alice is in her 20s, which is distracting, and the special effects are on the level of a children's TV show. Overall I was fairly unimpressed, but if you want a very accurate adaptation to show young kids this may work. 2.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #6409 on: June 12, 2013, 11:29:02 PM »

"Going to Pieces: the Rise and Fall of the Slasher Film" (2006)

Small | Large

Way cool documentary that explores the slasher film boom-and-bust cycle of the 80s, featuring loads of clips from vintage films and interviews with John Carpenter, Tom Savini, Wes Craven, Sean ("Friday the 13th") Cunningham, Betsy "Mrs. Voorhees" Palmer, and dozens more. Tons of fun for horror geeks.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #6410 on: June 12, 2013, 11:30:53 PM »

Last night my family and I watched OZ THE GREAT AND POWERFUL.  Yes, there is a TON of CGI.  That being said, it doesn't get in the way of the story.  We all loved this one a lot!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6411 on: June 13, 2013, 06:41:48 AM »

The Vampire's Ghost (1945) - in a small village in Africa, a few people are found dead with their blood drained and a couple of bite marks on their necks. So our group of characters tries to figure out who the culprit is - probably the guy who we can't see in a mirror. We never see any vampire activity, he just stares at people and puts them under his power. Less than an hour long and that's good because nothing of interest happens in this whole thing. If they were aiming for horror, they missed by a mile. 2.5/5.

The Shrine (2010) - some reporters go to Poland to investigate a series of missing persons reports. Once there they find a cult performing human sacrifices and a cloud that seems permanently stationed over a certain spot in the woods. I liked this - the plot was actually intriguing and had a twist to it that wasn't obvious, unlike most other movies. It wasn't your typical happy ending thing either. It maintained an atmosphere of suspense and tension throughout. Oh it wasn't great, the main characters were decent enough but not terribly sympathetic and they were prone to do some fairly dumb things. Overall not bad at all though. 3.75/5.

Fingerprints (2006) - a teenage girl moves to a small town where years earlier, a train hit a school bus and killed all the kids aboard. Now there are ghosts of the kids running around and it's up to our main character to solve the mystery of why they're there. This was really boring. The main character was well acted and likable, she was just way too friendly and outgoing to be believable as a teenager. The plot dragged, it was 90% banal teen drama and 10% "horror" movie. And the whole story was so uninteresting. 2.5/5.

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6412 on: June 13, 2013, 07:57:10 AM »

Queen of Versailles- Documentary about people who tried to build the biggest house in the US but then the housing market crashed and they were left way way way up the creek without a paddle. boo hoo! The couple, the Siegals,  are self made but kind of crass and have a ton of kids. Their whole business model is based on flipping properties and getting super low interest loans and when that ends, oh I just kind of repeated the first sentence.

"The bankers are almost like vultures" more like a jackal vulture hybrid, mrs. Siegal. She has huge fake boobs 4.5/ 5
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 06:55:39 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #6413 on: June 13, 2013, 10:42:51 PM »

"Shock Waves" (1977)
Small | Large

In this schlocky, waterlogged 70s horror flick, the crew and passengers of a pleasure cruise boat find themselves stranded on a seemingly deserted island ... only to find out that the waters around them are home to a troop of underwater Nazi zombies, the products of a WWII German experiment gone wrong. Fun to watch in a goofball kind of way, but far from "good."

This flick has become a cult classic and is considered the best underwater Nazi zombie movie ever made, which sounds impressive till you realize that there really isn't much competition for that title. TeddyR

voltron

« Reply #6414 on: June 14, 2013, 07:29:12 AM »

"Shock Waves" (1977)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUemv6hW2S8

In this schlocky, waterlogged 70s horror flick, the crew and passengers of a pleasure cruise boat find themselves stranded on a seemingly deserted island ... only to find out that the waters around them are home to a troop of underwater Nazi zombies, the products of a WWII German experiment gone wrong. Fun to watch in a goofball kind of way, but far from "good."

This flick has become a cult classic and is considered the best underwater Nazi zombie movie ever made, which sounds impressive till you realize that there really isn't much competition for that title. TeddyR

LOVE Shock Waves! Its only competition that I know of is Zombie Lake which I've yet to see.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #6415 on: June 14, 2013, 07:43:42 AM »

LOVE Shock Waves! Its only competition that I know of is Zombie Lake which I've yet to see.

It was nice to see Peter Cushing. 1977 must've been an interesting year for him.

Agent: "OK, Pete, I got two roles lined up for you this year. One is some little science fiction flick, the other is about underwater Nazi zombies."   TeddyR

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6416 on: June 14, 2013, 07:47:24 AM »

Zombie Lake was jean Rollin wasn't it? It was really pretty bad. I remember that all the budget seemed to have been spent on an underwater skinny dipping scene and the rest was absurdly cheap, like people getting shot and no makeup or special effects just like "ahh" like little kids playing cops and robbers.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #6417 on: June 14, 2013, 08:54:32 AM »

SHOCK WAVES is much, much better than ZOMBIE LAKE!

(Note: I haven't seen SHOCK WAVES, but a blank screen is better than ZOMBIE LAKE!)

HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE (2004): In a magical steampunk kingdom, a witch turns a girl into an old woman; a wizard embroiled in a war and a fire demon hold the key to returning to herself. This beautifully animated Hayao Miyazaki fantasy has the casual incoherence of a folk tale, with the magical transformations around every corner making the plot truly unpredictable. 4.5/5

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6418 on: June 14, 2013, 09:03:17 AM »

I made it to about 15 minutes before the end of Zombie Lake.  Been meaning to finish it up - for about six months now  Smile

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6419 on: June 14, 2013, 03:01:52 PM »

" In a magical steampunk kingdom" no thanks  TeddyR
Pages: 1 ... 426 427 [428] 429 430 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.