Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:35:40 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2093892 times)
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #6540 on: July 16, 2013, 02:26:14 AM »

Romancing the Stone (1984)

I'm an '80s kid, so it's surprising to myself that I've never seen this. I watched it when I discovered it was directed by Robert Zemeckis, who is a guy I like.

I didn't realize it was such a breakout hit for most of the people involved. Zemeckis, Michael Douglas, Kathleen Turner, and Danny De Vito. As we now know, these people are very established. But it wasn't so until this movie.

As far as the movie, I enjoyed it quite a bit. It is what it is, but it's definitely a fun time. I definitely would have sought it out much sooner if I knew El Guapo was in it. I liked it. It's a bit slow to start, and it is very '80s, but I don't feel bad about watching it at all.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #6541 on: July 16, 2013, 02:29:55 AM »

"Men in Black 3" (2012)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyaFEBI_L24

In the third go-round for Will & Tommy Lee, Agent "J" must travel back in time to 1969 in order to save his partner "K" and prevent yet another alien invasion of Earth. While in the past he meets up with the younger version of "K," played hilariously by Josh Brolin. This one is mostly Smith's show, and the time travel angle is fun. I liked this one better than the previous "MiB" but it still doesn't beat the first flick.

I quite liked this movie. I thought Men in Black 2 was awful, but I still adore the original.

When I first saw the trailer, I thought Tommy Lee Jones voice-overed Brolin's character. Turns out that wasn't the case. I think Brolin really nailed Jones' mannerism and way of speaking. Also, it was a fun film.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #6542 on: July 16, 2013, 12:34:01 PM »

I quite liked this movie. I thought Men in Black 2 was awful, but I still adore the original.

When I first saw the trailer, I thought Tommy Lee Jones voice-overed Brolin's character. Turns out that wasn't the case. I think Brolin really nailed Jones' mannerism and way of speaking. Also, it was a fun film.

Oh yes, it was WAY better than "MiB 2." The only thing that movie had going for it was Lara Flynn Boyle in bondage gear.

I wonder how much they paid Tommy Lee Jones for his turn as "K" in this one, considering that he was barely in the movie? Josh Brolin did most of the heavy lifting for him.  TeddyR

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #6543 on: July 16, 2013, 11:04:01 PM »

"Capricorn One" (1977)
zoZ2AySW2bY

Taut suspense/conspiracy thriller about a phony NASA mission to Mars, and the lengths the government go to in order to keep their hoax covered up. Great cast including Hal Holbrook, Sam Waterston, O.J. Simpson (!), Elliott Gould and James Brolin. Features one of the best aerial chase scenes ever put to celluloid.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6544 on: July 17, 2013, 06:25:09 AM »

The Backlot Murders (2002) - a rock band is filming its first video, but a mysterious assailant in an Elvis mask is killing everyone off. Horror-comedy that really doesn't have any horror, but it is mildly amusing and full of hot babes. The plot drags to a near standstill at the halfway point and doesn't pick up again until near the end. 2.5/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #6545 on: July 17, 2013, 11:01:26 PM »

"Galaxy Quest" (1999)

Small | Large

The has-been cast of a long-cancelled "Star Trek" style science-fiction TV show is recruited by a race of aliens - who think their TV adventures were real - to help them battle against a real-life galactic villain in this spoof of Trek fandom and sci-fi geekery in general. Funny stuff, with great FX and an awesome cast including Sigourney Weaver, Tim Allen, and Alan Rickman. I've seen this one a bunch of times and it never gets old.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6546 on: July 18, 2013, 06:55:13 AM »

The Butterfly Effect 3: Revelations (2009) - a guy has the ability to travel back in time, and he uses it to observe unsolved murders and come back to the present and tell the cops who did it (they think he's a psychic). This works good until he decides to go back and see who killed his girlfriend years earlier, and when he returns to the present he finds that the timeline has changed and the killer, who previously only killed one person, is now a serial killer and has killed half a dozen more. So he feels responsible for these deaths, and he's also going a little nuts from all the time travel, and he's determined to travel back again and again in an attempt to catch the murderer.

This was kind of okay for most of the runtime, but the big reveal at the end was excellent. I half-suspected who the killer was, but still the explanation was surprising and at the same time it tied everything together wonderfully. So, 2.5/5 movie with a 4.5/5 ending, I suppose that's about a 3.5/5 total.

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #6547 on: July 18, 2013, 12:10:40 PM »

WRONG (2012):Dolph wakes up to find his dog missing; to find him he'll have to deal with a neighbor who's in denial about his own jogging, an overly-attached pizza delivery girl, a detective who focuses on finding the dog's stool sample, and other bizarre characters. Dolph keeps going to his job everyday despite the fact that the indoor sprinkler system runs constantly and he was fired months ago; all of the jokes are like Monty Python members' dreams, played straight. This style of comedy will be intolerable for many, but it's an interesting ride if you can get into the spirit. 3/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #6548 on: July 18, 2013, 01:05:04 PM »

TEENAGE ZOMBIES (1959)

I woke up at four-fifteen this morning, went to the john, couldn't get back to sleep, and decided to make a PB&cheese, some (iced) coffee, and throw this Jerry Warren stinker in the DVD player....

Small | Large

Seventy-odd minutes later, I was ready for bed.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #6549 on: July 18, 2013, 02:39:36 PM »

Gorillas and zombies in the same film?

I NEED TO SEE THIS!!! BounceGiggle

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6550 on: July 18, 2013, 04:16:41 PM »

Pulsating cages of horror?!?!   Buggedout

- Paulo Coelho
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6551 on: July 19, 2013, 06:49:07 AM »

Perkins' 14 (2009) - a cop gets night guard duty at the jail and after some investigation, finds that one of their prisoners is the man who, ten years earlier, kidnapped 14 local children who haven't been heard from since.  What's he been doing with them?  I won't give it away, but it's not good news for the town that's for sure.  Sort of got mixed feelings about this one - on the one hand it manages to maintain a great atmosphere of tension and suspense throughout the whole thing, despite a few too many dubious decisions being made by the characters for the sole purpose of moving the plot in the desired direction.  On the other hand though, I couldn't care less about any of these people, they're not only unsympathetic but downright unlikable one-and-all.  So...I dunno 3/5 I guess. 

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #6552 on: July 19, 2013, 10:32:55 AM »

SAMSARA (2011): Wordless, surprising documentary featuring time-lapse photography of the desert at night, Cambodian monks constructing a sand mandala, trips to a slaughterhouse and a sex doll factory, and other visual surprises, all set to a soundtrack of (very good) New Agey/world music. A meditative "what you make of it" experience that's something like attending a slideshow of vacation photos shot by the world's greatest photographers. 4/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6553 on: July 20, 2013, 08:18:29 AM »

Belphagor of the Museum whatever (2001) - Someone else here saw this and I'm too lazy to search for movies so I rented. I didn't really get why the young woman had to constantly enter the museum through some basement construction. Why not just have her be a scientist in the museum. It would have made the stuff with the ridiculously lax security in the museum relatively explainable too.

The whole thing is like a cute ad for the Louvre. an ancient CGI mummy spirit goes around causing trouble. There's no sex and the violence is as soft as they could possibly make it. What I liked about it the most is it was different. in French, not amazing but entertaining 3.75 /5
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6554 on: July 20, 2013, 09:59:01 AM »

Killer Mountain (2011) - some climbers get stranded on the side of a mountain so some other idiots are called in to rescue them. And there's like Mongolian death worms living up there for some reason I probably slept through. SyFy Original; the people who made this obviously take as much pride in their work as I do when I'm cleaning the garage.  I looked at the writer / director's other movies and it's just a list of crappy SyFy Originals. Not a trace of originality, not an idea not stolen from some other movie, not an action sequence that wasn't dumb in that "made me roll my eyes" sort of way, not a character that wasn't a paper thin cliche. 2/5.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.