Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:36:24 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2093593 times)
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #6750 on: September 09, 2013, 07:40:37 AM »

"You Only Live Twice" (1967)

Small | Large

Sean Connery's fifth go-round as James Bond sends 007 to Japan, where a crooked industrialist working with the evil SPECTRE is stealing U.S. and Russian space capsules right out of the sky, in the hopes of starting a war between both superpowers.

This one features ninjas, mini-copters, lotsa stuff blowin' up, tons of hot Japanese babes, and one of the coolest "villain's lairs" (a rocket launch base hidden inside a dormant volcano) of the entire Bond series.

Connery intended this to be his last Bond film; he was briefily replaced by the ill-fated George Lazenby in 1969's "On Her Majesty's Secret Service," but then he was briefly lured back to the role (by a huge paycheck) for 1971's "Diamonds Are Forever."

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #6751 on: September 10, 2013, 10:02:21 AM »

REALITY (2012): A fishmonger from Naples loses his grip on reality as he waits to hear back from his audition for the Italian version of the "Big Brother" TV show. Slow but rich, with layers of satire and allegory. 4/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6752 on: September 12, 2013, 06:38:46 AM »

Spare Parts (1979) - a young couple go to a hotel, bu the husband is kidnapped by some bad guys who drive an ambulance. The girl escapes by hiding in a ditch.  After that she hitches a ride with a trucker and they drive a long ways. They decide there's no point in calling the cops and instead devise a plan to get kidnapped themselves so as to expose the whole crime ring. It actually gets somewhat suspenseful towards the end; they did a good job of keeping you guessing what would happen next. But it's starts out extremely slow, with the first half of the movie just being the girl and her husband at the hotel and then the girl riding in the truck. I'd say the lead actress is nice to look at but with the video quality of these Mill Creek 50 packs it's hard to tell really. 3.25/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6753 on: September 12, 2013, 10:19:23 AM »

GARDEN STATE (2004): A small-time actor (Zach Braff), doped up on high doses of antidepressants, returns home to New Jersey for his mother's funeral and finds love with a quirky lady (Natalie Portman) while working through his family issues. The first half hour is an excellent, deadpan comedy of alienation that feels like a 21st century riff on THE GRADUATE; momentum fades away when the script yields originality to the conventions of the romantic comedy genre. 3.5/5.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6754 on: September 13, 2013, 06:44:58 AM »

A Haunting at Silver Falls (2013) - a girl moves in with her aunt and uncle and then meets a boy who takes her to a party in a neighboring town. He tells her the story of how that town is supposedly haunted and sure enough, next thing you know she's got a creepy looking ghost girl following her wherever she goes. The aunt and uncle take her to a psychiatrist, while the ghost girl seems to want her to contact the death row inmate who's accused of killing her. Etc. Decent enough plot, and then they throw a big twist ending at you - I didn't see it coming at all. One of those twists that kind of make you wonder if anything that happened previously in the movie makes much sense anymore. Pretty decent movie overall; the characters were good-not-great and the plot moved along well enough. Creepy ghost girl wasn't very scary though. 3.5/5.

- Paulo Coelho
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #6755 on: September 13, 2013, 04:59:15 PM »

"Westworld" (1973)

Small | Large

Visitors at a Western style theme park come under fire from the park's lifelike humanoid robots when a computer failure causes the androids to run amok.

This 70s sci-fi flick was the directorial debut of Michael Crichton, who would later write "Jurassic Park," and it features a lot of ideas and plot points that would later re-surface (with a much bigger special effects budget) in "JP."

Charming in a retro sort of way.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #6756 on: September 13, 2013, 09:15:18 PM »

Last night I watched THE BATES HAUNING, a fairly predictable slasher film set at a haunted hayride run by a family named Bates.  One year ago, an actress in the hayride's "Dragon Sacrifice" tableaux was burned to death by a mechanical malfunction - now her best friend Agnes is going to work at the Bates Haunted Hayride, determined to find out what happened.  Then workers start dying, and stuff happens . . . this was a pleasant way to waste an hour and a half, if you can catch it for a cheap rental fee.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
claws
« Reply #6757 on: September 14, 2013, 03:58:21 PM »

Eyes of a Stranger (1981)

Guilt-ridden TV News reporter is taking care of her traumatized blind and deaf Sister (Jennifer Jason Leigh) after she was sexually molested as a child. Meanwhile a brutal rapist is killing its victims and the reporter suspects the killer is her neighbor who lives in a high rise building right next to hers. Soon enough the reporter turns the tables on the murderer threatening him with anonymous phone calls, but accidentally reveals her identity on TV to the psychopath ...

Effective Shock-Slasher and Quentin Tarantino fave thanks to above average performance by Jennifer Jason Leigh. Her final ten minutes are Oscar worthy. 4/5
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 04:00:27 PM by claws » Logged
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #6758 on: September 14, 2013, 07:46:42 PM »

I think I remember this one from years ago.  Doesn't she spend like the last half hour of the movie running from the guy in nothing but her panties?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
claws
« Reply #6759 on: September 15, 2013, 12:41:52 AM »

I think I remember this one from years ago.  Doesn't she spend like the last half hour of the movie running from the guy in nothing but her panties?

Nope, but it sounds like you are remembering The Demon (1979).
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6760 on: September 15, 2013, 06:29:58 AM »

Nope, but it sounds like you are remembering The Demon (1979).

I've got that DVD but I never made it to the last half hour.  I suppose I better give it the ol' college try  BounceGiggle

Night Train to Terror (1985) - so there's this train and God and Satan are onboard, having a chat about who goes to heaven and who goes to hell. They watch several vignettes showing the stories of various evil people. There's also an '80s pop band in another car that plays the same song over and over. Unfortunately the first story we see wasn't even made to be in this film - it's an unreleased movie with 75% of it edited out. It's almost comical watching one unrelated scene after another, just to catch that bit of dialogue here and there that might allow the viewer to get some sense of what's going on. The other two aren't much better really, though the last one was at least a little bit interesting. Ridiculously cheap and laughably bad; I'll probably watch it again to see if its badness grows on me. For right now though I'll have to say it's so bad it's just bad. 2/5.

- Paulo Coelho
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #6761 on: September 15, 2013, 08:37:26 AM »

Double Feature Saturday Night:

"Tourist Trap" (1979)

Small | Large

In this cult 70s horror flick, a group of stranded travelers find themselves at a run-down roadside wax museum known for its extremely lifelike mannequins. One by one they start to disappear before the secret behind those mannequins (which you'll figure out way before the characters do) is revealed. The movie starts off strong with some decent creepy atmosphere but falls apart as it goes along.  This is the sort of movie where the main characters are such complete idiots that they deserve everything that happens to them.
Side note: one of the unlucky travelers is played by a young, pre-"Charlie's Angels" Tanya Roberts, and she looks absolutely SMOKIN' throughout.

"The Last Stand" (2013)

Small | Large

A Mexican drug kingpin escapes from U.S. Marshals in Las Vegas and heads for the border in a souped up sports car. Unfortunately for him, his path to freedom takes him right through a small Arizona border town where Arnold Schwarzenegger is the sheriff, and he and his small crew of deputies are not about to let the guy slip through.

This formulaic but fun shoot-em-up was supposed to be Ahh-nuld's big comeback flick following his foray into politics. It didn't do very well at the box office but I enjoyed it. Arnold's looking kinda leathery nowadays, maybe that's why the younger characters in this one do the bulk of the heavy lifting.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6762 on: September 15, 2013, 09:05:54 AM »

I really liked Tourist Trap.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6763 on: September 15, 2013, 11:02:38 AM »

THE PAINTING (2011): Figures leave the painting they live in and go searching for the Painter, trying to find out why he left the canvas they live in incomplete. If the story had been sketched out with as much loving detail as the beautiful Impressionist-style artwork, this might have been a masterpiece, rather than something that's just nice to look at. 3/5.

KARATE KIDS USA [AKA LITTLE DRAGONS] (1979): Central casting hillbillies kidnap a little girl, only to find their plans foiled by two young brothers who don't own any clothes other than their karate uniforms. A misguided attempt at a PG-rated kid's adventure/comedy, this is actually unsuitable for children, since watching this witless tripe may cause them to hate movies forever. 0.5/5.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #6764 on: September 15, 2013, 11:02:48 AM »

I really liked Tourist Trap.

It was fun. I saw it when I was a kid and of course it scared the crap outta me way back then, haha!!

Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.