Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:24:20 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Black Dragons (Bela Lugosi) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Black Dragons (Bela Lugosi)  (Read 7016 times)
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: August 29, 2007, 06:25:44 PM »

You have GOT to see this thing!  The plot is like so:  There are some guys, and Bela Lugosi kills them.  Along the way, we get to see the aged Hungarian "wrestle" with a couple of his victims.  He looks more convincing than you would think!  There are also a couple of moments where Bela smugly tells off a victim that only he could have pulled off so well.

But the real treat, what makes this a must-see, is the ending.  You will have figured out at least one of the main points well in advance but, be assured, at least one of the twists (and there are quite a few!) will completely blindside you!  I honestly could not believe it.  It's like the director just decided to throw in everything he could think of at the last minute.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 07:20:55 PM »

AH! Yes! Take: 1+ weird plot 2 +low budget 3+ Bela Lugosi = Low budgety B- movie fun!!! (Is budgety a word?)  Question

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
IzzyDedjet
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 07:56:12 PM »

AH! Yes! Take: 1+ weird plot 2 +low budget 3+ Bela Lugosi = Low budgety B- movie fun!!! (Is budgety a word?)  Question

I'm pretty sure it is now.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 08:17:32 PM »

I'm pretty sure it is now.

Bela like new guy!  Thumbup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 09:17:57 PM »

Here's a nice tribute to Bela Lugosi.

[youtube=425,350]http://youtube.com/watch?v=dZ2ObnoXLpY

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 09:24:16 PM »

I love that tribute...In fact...I got it posted on my myspace!!! The old music...ahhhh!!!!  Smile

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Torgo

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 10:16:11 PM »

Is it in The Corpse Vanishes that has that priceless shot of Bela when the open the coffin and he's just laying in there with his eyes all bug eyed open? 

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 01:27:48 PM »

I saw one of his called "the death kiss" recently that wasn't very good.  It was just adetective story with alot of talking.  like a radio serial performed by actors.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 08:51:50 PM »

I saw one of his called "the death kiss" recently that wasn't very good.  It was just adetective story with alot of talking.  like a radio serial performed by actors.
I agree.
A lot of the early talkies (DRACULA included) weren't very cinematic. Unlike the silent pictures,which relied on visual techniques to move the story,and keep the audiance interested,the novelty of sound was used by many directers to take advantage of endless dialouge...and were almost like staged plays. Compare this to ,say,WHITE ZOMBIE, which was filmed almost like a silent...with memorable visuals...a mininum dialouge. Both fairly low budget picture. DEATH KISS is nearly forgotten and WHITE ZOMBIE,while slow and creaky,is visually haunting, and plays almost like a otherworldly fairy tale.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2007, 12:52:25 PM »

RC-  have you seen frits langs "destiny" ?  It's awesome.  not the monolith that "M" or "Metropolis" is , but great nonetheless.  from 1921
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2007, 01:51:42 PM »

RC-  have you seen frits langs "destiny" ?  It's awesome.  not the monolith that "M" or "Metropolis" is , but great nonetheless.  from 1921

Heard of it...never seen it though. Of Fritz Langs work, I really enjoyed his silent Dr.MABUSE films. Rudolf Klien Rougge (I'm sure I spelt that wrong!) of METROPOLIS fame, is great as the master crimanal and manipulator Mabuse! This gives me an idea for a thread...on silent films. Hmmm....now me gears are grinding ....!   Smile

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2007, 03:14:08 PM »

I have a silent b movie "the mystery of the leaping fish" on vhs.  it's like a cheech and chong adventure circa 1917.

"destiny"  is a seriously morbid fantasy flick.  this woman tries to make a deal with death,  who is very germanic and deathly looking,  so he sends her back to these different exotic eras of history"  ancient China,  arabia,  italy.  I haven't seen that many silent movies but it is easily one of the best I've seen with cool early special effects. 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 03:20:40 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2007, 03:19:16 PM »

I have a silent b movie "the mystery of the leaping fish" on vhs.  it's like a cheech and chong adventure circa 1917.

Coke Ennyday!  I remember that he does stuff, seems to wind down, then does drugs and perks right up.  Overall, its a very jovial approach to addressing drugs and their effects.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2007, 03:22:17 PM »

coke ennyday and the fish blower. 
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Black Dragons (Bela Lugosi) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.