Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:46:07 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Unsolved Archives  |  Conan Ancient Warrior surrounded by wall of shields , series « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Conan Ancient Warrior surrounded by wall of shields , series  (Read 21508 times)
Rambo
Dedicated Viewer

« on: August 31, 2007, 02:43:53 PM »

Hi.

I hope  I remember this right and that you people can guess what it is:

This Conan guy, all musceles and a big club (maybe no club). Heīs surrounded by a wall of shields.
It may be a test. He breaks in a hole. another "chamber", a fight. Further on he strives, another breakthrough. He is tiering. I donīt remember much more.

It was no film but a series, I think past 8:00 but not much later. Around 1990. On german tv-channel 1, not cheap or trashy on purpose. Very mystic and heroic; a little like greek sagas and quite dark maybe.

Please someone know what it was!
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 08:39:17 PM »

The best guess I can come up with is that this may have been an episode of "Wizards and Warriors."  There has been a live action "Conan" series, but it is too late for your timeframe.  "Wizards and Warriors" is early, but maybe it didn't reach Germany until then.

http://www.tv.com/wizards-and-warriors/show/1124/summary.html

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Rambo
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 05:08:16 PM »

Thanks for your guess, I checked it out by downloading some samples, but nope, thatīs not it.

It wasnīt so much black-adder style like w&w but really more conanesque. Not all shiny armor and imposing custumes but more muscles, dimmer light and much more serious. Like an epic tale - unlike a funny storie. There was true desperation in his breaking through and i seem to recall that he didnīt even make it, though not what happened then.
Another scene I think was a priestress standing in this pagode-temple thing on top of a hill and holding a spear, enchanting it or sth, but well, maybe iīm mixing sth. up here.
And it was definatley done with more effort than w&w; in this really SO cool scene where he is surrounded by all the shields and totally desperate, standing there in this oval space of sand with only the sky above him thereīs like 20 or so ppl around him (you donīt see any at first though, only shield by shield by shield...)

-maybe it was a movie after all, maybe one with some parts
RapscallionJones
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Grim & Frostbitten

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 11:40:18 AM »

If it wasn't a TV show and is a movie, there's a strong possibility that it's one of the Death Stalker sequels.

Visit the b-movie blog
http://www.cinema-suicide.com
The required Myspace profile
http://www.myspace.com/cinemasuicide
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 09:26:14 AM »

While a 'Conan' figure wielding a club conjures visions of Hercules the scene of the hero being surrounding by shields reminds me of a movie about the Roman empire I saw many moons ago.  Yet, the priestess in a temple reminds me of the movie Conquest.  It's all a bit vague.

Do you remember what the costumes or shields looked like?  If you can remember the time and place when the action looks like it might have been occuring this should help us narrow the possibilities.

My guess is it was probably a mini-series about Rome.  There have been quite a few of those that have aired only in Europe.

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 02:16:07 PM »

It's not any of the DEATHSTALKER movies.  There's nothing in any of them that matches this description.
Khaz
Bad Movie Lover

Classic.

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 01:41:19 PM »

This one is ringing a couple of bells for me. I remember seeing a similar show while I was living in germany. Do you remember if the show was spoken in german or was it dubbed? I will look thru my archives as I am pretty sure I taped it, but that would help narrow it down.

I see you are playing stupid... Looks like you're winning
Rambo
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 05:42:42 PM »

It was in german, prime time entertainment (but an unusual choice, in topic as well as in style...I was astonisehd... rather unlike hercules or some of this rather trivial stuff).

I donīt know if it was about romans at all. I saw only very little and was quickly sent to bed.
The shields were man-high and covering the whole soldier, possibly not the feet; I donīt recall any faces until the breach was made and the warrior had advanced into the next "sphere". The ground was either sand or clay.
It was all very mystical and chaotic in action, yet quite coordinated and artful in execution, but keep in mind that I was a little child at that time who didnīt know much besides the ninja turtles and colt sievers (+James Bond and some Westerns); still I watched not little TV so it must have been something standing apart.

Thanks for all your answers.
Sure, itīs vague. But Iīm happily checking your every guess.

teklord1
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 09:11:13 PM »

Could it be the TV series "Conan" (1997)?
ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 11:58:57 PM »

is it just me, or does this sound a lot like the "mirror beast" scene from conan the destroyer?!

here (
Small | Large
) at the 2:00 mark.

drunkenbubba
New Visitor

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 08:17:29 PM »

Might be Ator The Fighting Eagle - another bad Conan ripoff from the early 80s.
Pennywise
Bad Movie Lover

The clown banned in 51 states!

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2009, 12:31:54 AM »

I remember seeing a clip at the beginning of Cave Dwellers on Mystery Science Theater 3000. Laura Gemser was in the movie Ator the Invincible (1982). This may be the film you're looking for.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Unsolved Archives  |  Conan Ancient Warrior surrounded by wall of shields , series « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is Đ 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.