Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:42:47 PM
714644 Posts in 53102 Topics by 7748 Members
Latest Member: Lucinda02
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Night Of the living dead, Worth it? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Night Of the living dead, Worth it?  (Read 1450 times)
systemcr4sh
« on: February 23, 2002, 11:02:01 PM »

Hey, At the local pawn store there is a copy of The night of the living dead.

One problem.... Its colorized. Is it worth it? Should I get it?

Thanks

-Dan
Cullen
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2002, 11:53:33 PM »

If you can't get it in it's true, perfect condition, then...no.  Colorization is the spawn of EVIL and must be AVOIDED at all cost!  DEATH TO COLORIZATION!

Actually, there are worse things to spend your money on.  While I haven't seen the colorization version, I'm sure that the quality of the film will rise above this...travesty that has been forced upon it.
Squishy
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2002, 12:25:01 AM »

Blerk. I remember seeing a few seconds of the colorized version. Once I got away from it and cleared the vomit out of my nostrils, I was otay.
J.R.
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2002, 01:05:39 AM »

Part of NOTLD's magic is its gritty B&W visuals. With the color the zombies just aren't as creepy. Well, at least it's not the 30th anniversary edition. Why, god? What evil hath mankind wrought to deserve such punishment?
systemcr4sh
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2002, 10:43:44 AM »

I guess I won't buy it then from what i've heard.

haha, On the box it says "They scream louder in color!" and it looks like a friggin cartoon from the pictures on the box. Unless those aren't actual screen captures, but they Kinda look like they are. Whatever

-Dan
Scott
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2002, 11:09:09 AM »

Look around..... At Suncoast Video you can buy the original b/w version for $6.99 on DVD.  Blockbust use to sell the b/w VHS for $6.99.
Frank N. Stein
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2002, 11:17:36 AM »

I have it
and I like it
of course, when I pop it in, I fastforward to the part where Barbara and her brother enter the cemetary, and I stop the tape as soon as the original ending is finished (I won't spoil it for the three people that haven't seen it)

One thing I noticed is that the VHS (wich I have) is different from the DVD. I read the DVD review and it said that a lot of scenes where cut, for instance where Ben talks about what happened at Beekman's Diner. In the VHS version these scenes are included however.

Vincent
StatCat
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2002, 12:22:23 PM »

I don't know what the big deal about the colorized version is. It's not as much as a travesty as the 30th anniversary is. Fake scenes shot and re-edited in, new soundtrack added. I have the colorized version and I don't mind it really. Sure I'd rather watch the original b & w version but the color makes a little added difference from the same old film.
Drezzy
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2002, 03:25:10 PM »

Only form of Night Of The Living Dead that is in color that is any good is the 1990 remake with TONY F'N TODD.
Phantom 187
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2002, 07:49:12 PM »

Anyone know where I can get the funny edited version with the long name?
Bicuitrocious
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2002, 04:19:28 PM »

All colorization issues aside (there's a special place in hell for Ted Turner... a loud, neon colored ring of Hades...):
The 30th Anniversary Ed.- I nearly bought a DVD recently, which may in fact be this 30th edition. Is it really so horrible? We are talking about one of the finest horror films of all time, here. Can it be ruined so easily?

Also, will Stefano's Machiavellian ploys ever be brought to light, and is the demon that posessed Marlana still after her soul? Like sands through the hourglass, these are stupid questions that fat housewives need to know...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Night Of the living dead, Worth it? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.