Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:37:23 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Unsolved Archives  |  Rare 80's Horror flick: maybe even TV movie... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rare 80's Horror flick: maybe even TV movie...  (Read 17577 times)
Maguire
New Visitor

« on: September 12, 2007, 05:08:30 AM »

k guys, I have asked around for years and no one was able to figure this out. If anyone could find the name of this movie it would mean a lot to me.

The only bits I remember are the scenes actually...

There is some sort of beast or monster (only one) maybe even a large animal (like a wolf), and there is one early scene where some character(s) are in a large corn field and are running from this thing...

Another more vivid scene is where there is a large group that goes after it, (like 20 or so people) in this large base/warehouse/laboratory. One guy goes into this laboratory and starts fooling around, he puts on these gloves and then they like melt his hands or something, he dies.

There seems to be one man and one woman who are the main characters and they seem to live until the end where they are back at their apartment, but someone the beast followed them there, it kills the man. But somehow the woman survives at the end....

This is all I remember, I know the horror movie had to have been between (1980-1988)

Thanks for your help. 
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 05:36:44 AM »

Are you sure these scenes came from just one movie?

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 08:39:17 AM »

The stuff in the corn field and the couple as the main characters sounds like Children of the Corn, but there wasn't any laboratory and no rubber gloves melting or anything like that.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 09:19:02 AM »

This sounds very much like Howling IV ~ some of the description fits, including the man dying at the end and the woman surviving.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 11:16:35 AM »

Some good specific points in your description (the gloves, cornfield, and battle in the warehouse/factory), but I'm coming up a blank as well.  Something that jumps to mind is the "Watchers" series of films.  However, only the first falls into your timeline (it was made in 1988) and I've not seen the other two.

Do you remember any specifics about the fight in the factory?  Was it a bunch of townsfolk or police or military?  Any other specifics about the film could help.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Maguire
New Visitor

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2007, 05:19:02 AM »

Ok, For the laboratory scene, I am pretty sure the group is made up of disgruntled townsfolk. And also I remember the group bringing in video cameras all throughout this area as well.

But I remember there being a ton of characters in this, and most of them die quickly.
316zombie
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2007, 05:27:49 PM »

is it posible this is an anthology?or maybe even 2 anthologies?escapes and the offspring are coming to mind?
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 05:36:50 PM »

the only "mob-looking-for-a-beast" scene in recent memory where alot of people die, at least rather quickly is silver bullet. they are all disgruntled townsfolk as well. i highly doubt thats it but it popped into my head.
akiratubo

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2009, 11:35:14 PM »

Take a loot at "Not Of This World".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102556/

It's a little late for your timeline (1991) but several aspects are close.  A lot of the action takes place in a wooded area.  The townspeople go out to hunt for the monster.  The climax takes place inside a nuclear power plant.

I don't recall any gloves that melt hands and I don't think there were any leftover pieces of the monster waiting at home to kill anyone.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Unsolved Archives  |  Rare 80's Horror flick: maybe even TV movie... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.