Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:23:51 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Pros & Novices  |  My First Video Production Company and TV Channel « previous next »
Poll
Question: How do you rate my early film productions on a scale of 1 -10 ? (Ten being the best.)
10 Stars - 0 (0%)
9 Stars - 0 (0%)
8 Stars - 0 (0%)
7 Stars - 0 (0%)
6 Stars - 0 (0%)
5 Stars - 1 (50%)
4 Stars - 0 (0%)
3 Stars - 0 (0%)
2 Stars - 0 (0%)
1 Star - 0 (0%)
0 - 0 (0%)
Negative Stars - 1 (50%)
Total Voters: 2

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My First Video Production Company and TV Channel  (Read 16755 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: September 26, 2007, 08:40:12 AM »

Well.....Now that I'm officially a "director" of important films Smile. I was wondering how the Badmovies.org community rates them.

Here is a link to my Youtube Channel http://youtube.com/profile?user=dscott1964. That's right folks I now have my own channel to show my special features.

peter johnson

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 03:06:02 PM »

Scott, I have a number of things -- dozens, really, -- on VHS, and a lesser amount on DVD -- How do you get from a tape or disc in hand to posting it on the YouTube site?
Skydiving be scary stoff, mon!!
peter johnson/denny luddite

I have no idea what this means.
Jim H

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 03:01:42 PM »

It depends on the source.  DVD source is the easiest - there are many ways to rip DVDs, and you shouldn't have a problem looking for a tutorial on that.  Basically, you rip the files to a HDD and then use another program to convert them to a more compressed format (usually using an MPEG4 derivative like DivX or XviD).  Then you sign up for a youtube account and upload it.  That's it.

Here's one tut: http://elliottback.com/wp/archives/2005/12/26/how-to-rip-a-dvd-a-tutorial/

There's one extra step, essentially, for analog sources like laserdiscs or VHS tapes.  For those, you need some kind of digitizer.  You can either get a dedicated capture card or use something like a DVD recorder (though unfortunately, most DVD recorders won't allow you to capture Macrovision protected content).  If you capture to a DVD recorder, then you just rip the DVD and do as above.  With a card, you now have the intermediate captured format, and you convert that again to DivX or what have you (probably using VirtualDubMod, as it is free and allows full options).  If you have a powerful enough computer, you can capture straight to DivX, but I wouldn't reccomend it, as you can get syncing issues and other problems.
peter johnson

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 01:50:27 AM »

. . . in other words, it's impossible gibberish that you need a child to interpret . . .
'bet Scott wouldn't/couldn't do it if he didn't have children . . .
peter crane/denny still amazed by fire

I have no idea what this means.
Scott

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 11:15:01 PM »

Thanks Peter Johnson. I still haven't figured out how to copy DVD's onto my computer to edit them into a movie review. Actually I do know how, but haven't been willing to download any software from the internet to accoplish it. More concerned about viruses on our computer from downloads than using it for video production at this time.

As far as the stuff I've put up I've been using a basic Canon A70 PowerShot digital camera that has some limited video capability. I learned how to condense and upload the videos myself, but it took me a while to figure it out. I watched some tutorial type stuff on Youtube to help me on these.

Jim H seems to be able to do it. I have yet to put any money into my little productions.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 11:33:44 PM by Scott » Logged

Jim H

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 06:26:09 AM »

. . . in other words, it's impossible gibberish that you need a child to interpret . . .
'bet Scott wouldn't/couldn't do it if he didn't have children . . .
peter crane/denny still amazed by fire

It certainly isn't easy, but there are a handful of all-in-one programs that can rip DVDs straight to a youtube accessible format.  Most cost money (between $20 and $50), so I haven't ever tried one.  With a DVD recorder and one of those all-in-one software packages, you'd be set to convert them all with little headache.  Believe me, it's far easier now than it was 7 or 8 years ago, when you had to do stuff like run frame servers and use like 5 separate programs to rip a DVD. 

http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/160/59/

Here's a guide to using FairUse Wizard (including a link to the free version), which is essentially all-in-one.  I haven't tried it, but I've heard good things.  I might also suggest SimpleDivx, though you'd probably have to google search it to find it.  With SimpleDivx, you need to rip the DVD to an ISO (which is basically just a point and click operation, and temporarily takes up between 3 and 8 gigs of Hard Drive space, with a piece of software called DVD Shrink), and then it does the rest.
Scott

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 10:47:09 AM »

Jim H, I'll look into them when I get a chance. Thank you. Five years from now I bet the whole video/internet thing will change even more for the better.

Scott

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 08:45:31 PM »

Did my first podcasting audio test tonight. Now I just have to think of a show idea. Maybe I'll respond to Andrews audio show this week.

http://www.switchpod.com/users/mayslanding3000/PodcastingTest.wav

badmovielovers
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2008, 02:26:59 PM »

When I get DSL put in next week I will be able to view your stuff. I have been meaning to message you on here about what edit programes I use but keeps slipping my mind! Do'h.
Ohhh great dvd ripping programe is DVD Shrink you can download it for free off the net it compresses full size dvd's to cheap DVD-R's and you can choose paticular chapters to rip and so froth. Let me know if you need a link.

For changing VHS to DVD's you need either a TV tuner for the computer which in my experiences are mostly crap!!! The things go for $50-$250, you can find them cheap off ebay put I got one from there and it never worked!!!
The best way of doing this is to just get a DVD recorder you can get one at wall mart for about $60 now. Hook it up with an S-cable and keep you VCR RCA's into the DVD recorder. The DVD recorder has different channel selections so you can rorde what ever is on the what port (front rca, rear rca, s-cable, etc) You can use DVD-RW's so after ripping it or what I do drag and drop the mpeg file onto your computer you can then erase the disk and use it again. Comes in handy when your just starting to use it (mistakes will happen!).

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Pros & Novices  |  My First Video Production Company and TV Channel « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.