Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:49:20 AM
712928 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Master of the Flying Guillotine « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Master of the Flying Guillotine  (Read 48559 times)
DavidFullam
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2008, 11:28:27 AM »

It seems like just a few years back this film was on either FLIX or the Movie Channel seemingly every other day. Man, I miss that.
Sardu
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2008, 12:39:03 PM »

The main theme music to this always sounded like someone had taken a Black Sabbath album and slowed it to half speed.  Knowing the general Chinese regard for international copyright law I wouldn't be surprised.  Some day I'll rip that music and speed it up and find out what it is!
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2008, 10:32:49 PM »

It's called System16.  Some German band made it, there are other "system" songs that are sped up/slowed down to different degrees.  And yeah, from everything I've gathered, it was unlicensed.  Master of the Flying Guillotine is Taiwanese in origin, which ignores copyright even more flagrantly than Hong Kong.
Sardu
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2008, 09:49:44 PM »

Ah, thanks for the info!  I'm going to see if I can track that down...
leela
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2009, 03:37:53 AM »

Thumbup The first time i seen this?? man dont know had to be 20 something years ago. now my kids watch it, people whom ive met and "showed them the way"  watch it. This movie is in our family for years to come. i found it on dvd at best buy for............can u believe it??? 7.99!!!   i bought 3 "just in case"  anyone know of any good old school ones like this title to share??? just some names of movies i mean! would appreciate it!!!    Cheers  leela
elDuendeVerde
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2009, 07:48:53 PM »

I want to say that the soundtrack has some stuff from Neu! (the song you are referencing), Tangerine Dream, and Kraftwerk...all unlicensed of course.

Is the Japanese character the same guy who plays Evil Betty in Kung Pow: Enter the Fist?  I think he is.  I also think the guy who play Wimp Low is in this movie as well.

Ah, good times, good times.
Jim H

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2009, 10:49:38 PM »

I want to say that the soundtrack has some stuff from Neu! (the song you are referencing), Tangerine Dream, and Kraftwerk...all unlicensed of course.

Is the Japanese character the same guy who plays Evil Betty in Kung Pow: Enter the Fist?  I think he is.  I also think the guy who play Wimp Low is in this movie as well.

Ah, good times, good times.

I would guess so.  It's worth noting that the film Kung Pow is based on stars Jimmy Wang Yu (star and director of MOTFG), they show a brief clip of him in the end credits.
Steven Strauss
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2010, 04:30:50 AM »

Thanks for posting this review, one of my all time favorite Kung Fu movies, love the soundtrack and am using some audio clips for overdubbing a fun little video.

Cheers
DarknRahl
New Visitor

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2010, 02:10:47 AM »

One other thing I learned from watching this movie is that once you decide to leave your house for more than a week don't run the risk of having it burgled, simply exit through the wicker roof and then burn it to the ground instead.
ralphyralph
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2011, 04:19:20 PM »

I liked this movie, but the charm wore off really quick after the tournament scene.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2015, 09:08:05 AM »

Probably my second favorite martial arts film after ENTER THE DRAGON. Yeah, it's that good.

One comment: the Indian character looks like he's played by a Chinese actor with his skin darkened. It's like the Taiwanese version of blackface. Bengaliface?

The Thai character really looks Thai, though. I wonder if his ridiculous pre-fight dancing was meant to mock Thai culture, or was just a character quirk? These 70s Taiwanese and Chinese kung fu movies can be racist at times, especially against the Japanese.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Jim H

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2015, 12:10:36 PM »

Probably my second favorite martial arts film after ENTER THE DRAGON. Yeah, it's that good.

One comment: the Indian character looks like he's played by a Chinese actor with his skin darkened. It's like the Taiwanese version of blackface. Bengaliface?

The Thai character really looks Thai, though. I wonder if his ridiculous pre-fight dancing was meant to mock Thai culture, or was just a character quirk? These 70s Taiwanese and Chinese kung fu movies can be racist at times, especially against the Japanese.

Neither.  They really do that, though the exact moves may be exaggerated or not really accurate.  Friend of mine lived in Thailand, and said they did this before every Muay Thai match he watched.

! No longer available Small | Large
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Master of the Flying Guillotine « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.