Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 10:23:34 PM
715894 Posts in 53159 Topics by 7771 Members
Latest Member: VernMolone
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  RATS!...and other qumulitive monsters. When crap piles up. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: RATS!...and other qumulitive monsters. When crap piles up.  (Read 3500 times)
C. Hill
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2002, 05:32:10 PM »

It sounds kinda like the T-1000.
Lee
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2002, 03:50:19 PM »

I'd rather take my chances with a hoard of rats. Yeah, there are a snotload of them, but you know how to stop them. How do you stop a huge monster that doesn't quit?
Future Blob
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2002, 01:30:28 AM »

Good point, that's one reason I always liked Jason, especially when he just walks through stuff like doors, I'd love to see a movie where the monster/killer just shrugs off stuff, throws cars, something where it's obvious it's too powerful and they have to outthink it .. one thing that I'd LOVE to see in the Resident Evil movie but more than likely won't is Mr. X from RE2. Remember the big guy in the trenchcoat? I dunno why but he just stuck with me..he was airdropped from a helicopter, how's that for an entrance?

And yeah that thing I described does sound pretty T-1000-ish, but I don't think they really pushed the limits of what they could do with a liquid-type monster..of course first you need a good story to explain it.....Lee wrote:
>
> I'd rather take my chances with a hoard of rats. Yeah,
> there are a snotload of them, but you know how to stop them.
> How do you stop a huge monster that doesn't quit?
Future Blob
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2002, 01:31:08 AM »

darn hit the stupid quote button sorry...
Lee
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2002, 01:27:19 PM »

Yeah, Mr. X was cool. I remember when he made his entrance, I was like,"Who the hell is that?!" When he showed up where I was at I went,"Oh s**t! What now?!"
Future Blob
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2002, 06:10:22 PM »

And in the book he was pretty cool too...
Hairzilla
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2002, 02:09:37 AM »

>"...but if your gonna get Toykostomped, go for the gold, and give the King the >middle didget. that way, folks can say, "Man, he sure is flat, but he got flat with >style!"

That would, undoubtedly, be the end result if he [Like most of us kaiju fans would!] gave in to the temptation to stop running and take a good look at the big G' instead! Hahaha!

>Also, as a means to help me sleep....you might appreciate this, Hairzilla.....i >listen to audio tapes of favorite Kaiju flicks. What can i say? The music and >comforting familiarity of the tale (In the original Japanese!), helps me relax....

Yes, Flange' man, I can definitely appreciate your way of relaxing for the same reasons you mentioned. Familiarity of story, whether it's GODZILLA VS BIOLLANTE' or BILL AND TED'S BOGUS JOURNEY, is a comfort when having to deal with the occasional night of insomnia. That, or the Cartoon Network. Just as long as you don't start marching around your home in the early hours of the morning triumphantly singing that friggin Jet Jaguar song! Hahaha!

And although I've never come across any audio-only versions of monster movies, but owning a number of kaiju films that are in Japanese, I can readily agree with you about the coolness of experiencing them in their native language! Hearing the dialogue spoken in their actual tounge and vocal inflections, especially for the movies that are supposed to be more serious in tone, conveys the general feel of the films much better than any English overdub I've ever heard. [And you can bet that I won't pass up my next chance to get the original, Japanese versions of GODZILLA - KING OF THE MONSTERS or  G' 1984 either!]

>Anyhoo, i like to build houses in my head, that would be Kaiju proof. Either >blending into the landscape, to avoid detection......or being so kick ass, even Gorgo would say "let us not go there. it is a silly place".

Mentally constructing kaiju proof buildings sounds like a much better way to doze off than counting sheep ever was! Sesame' Street, as well as countless young, developing minds worldwide, would've benefited if someone had thought of that idea years ago! "Erniiiieeee!!! Would you please construct your monster buildings quieter?! I'm trying to get some sleep!"....Ah GORGO...One of the few movies I've seen that I don't think was deserving of the MSTK treatment....

>i never said i was normal, just imaginative.

Power, brother! 8)

Ok, now I may need to hammer out a post about MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE which, for some unthinkable reason, my brother and I watched on the Sci-Fi channel last night....it might be good therepy.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  RATS!...and other qumulitive monsters. When crap piles up. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.