Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:52:01 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Ultraman: Defeat the Invader! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ultraman: Defeat the Invader!  (Read 15081 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: October 16, 2007, 03:52:09 PM »

This episode introduces what is probably my favorite of Ultraman's many foes: the Baltan.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Cassie
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 09:28:03 PM »

I love these new capsule reviews!  Gives me a bit of bad-movie boost during an otherwise boring week  TeddyR
daveblackeye15
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 01:26:30 AM »

This episode was neat. I need to get the rest of the DVDs. But I think Baltan's second apperance was better. Ultraman pulled out a few new powers that time.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
George
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 03:59:17 PM »

Well for everyone who remembers Batman, who was your favorite reoccurring villain?,mine ranged from Penguin to Joker, Ultraman was no different, he had some favorites too, one of which was the Baltons.
They look like kind of owlish creatures with claws and sound like owls with an uncontrollable cough, also have the ability to project false images of thereselves to confuse us.
Anywho,our story begins with Ide asking the doctor ,what's the best thing for a black eye,(well how about a cold stake?). Just sit back and Ide will tell how he got his black eye.
Late one night he and Arashi were sleeping when the alarm sounded,they slid down the Batpole,I mean the Patrolpole,where our captain explains that a ufo has been sighted near the Science Center. Arashis sent to investigate and gets frozen by the Baltons,along with everyone else there.
The captain decides to let Ide and Hayata ask them what they want, while the worlds on full emergency alert Hayata and Ide are led upstairs by a Balton, they've taken control of Arashis body to talk to us.
Through Arashi,they explain their home planet was destroyed by a group of mad scientists conducting nuclear test,they can make thereselves as small as bacteria and live in there invisible ship.
Hayata ask why they don't live on mars,he says none of them like mars,seems there some kind a substance there that can destroy them. Deciding enough talk,they now want Earth for themselves, they release Arashi and the Balton turns into a monster,the army fires missiles at him,it does no good,being bacteria we should of had a huge can of Lysol ready to use against them.
Hayatas about to change into Ultraman when the big Balton knocks the capsule out of his hand,and they proceeds to fly through the city and destroy it.
Hayata leaps off the roof and grabs the capsule to become Ultraman!.
Now what we all tune in for is to see the big fight between Ultraman and the current foe, well some Ultra fights are good,and some are indifferent,and others just don't plain last very long. Unfortunately this is one case and point,the two meet in mid aid have a brief tussle,Utramans knocked to the ground,he gets up and easily destroys the Balton with his m-ray,then uses his nightvision to find the ufo and destroy it!, we think that's the end of the Baltons,but we shall see at a future time.
After all is said and done Arashi and Ide try to go back to bed,Arashis have trouble sleeping, so he's counting sheep,Ide on the other hand is sleeping peacefully until he rolls over, being on the top bunk he falls,the side of his face hits the hard floor,and you guessed it!, That's How Our Ide Got His Black Eye!.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 09:42:58 AM »

I used to have tape of some ultraman movie taped of late night tv, before infomercials.  I must have watched it a hundred times.  it was the american edits that basically clipped everything except the fights.  if you were onscreen, you were in a costume.   

"aim for his ears, they are radar recievers"

"increase in size and go to the harbor!"

"you! reveal yourself!  I am Zandar!  reveal yourself  (guy spins around revealing he is a zero man )  a zero man!"

"it's ultra uncle!"

"My skull!!"  (guy who has his skin removed somehow)
Xenorama
Dedicated Viewer

define "bad", please

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 08:27:06 PM »

a cool episode, for sure.

that clip show you had was a horrible movie version called SPACE WARRIORS 2000, which had footage from the Ultraman Zoffy feature combined with THE SIX ULTRA BROTHERS VS THE MONSTER ARMY.  it's awful, the worst thing they could have done to any Ultraman (yes, even worse than feature it on MiSTake 3000!).

this is a bizarre episode with Ito talking to the audience.

David

"The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder." ~ Alfred Hitchcock
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama Message Board
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Ultraman: Defeat the Invader! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.