Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:44:45 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Gallbladder Surgery « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Gallbladder Surgery  (Read 22639 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: October 17, 2007, 08:06:32 PM »

Monday I'm getting my gallbladder removed. They found 2 pollups about 1 cm in size and doctors want to take out the whole gallbladder, so I might not be on the forum for a while after that. Then again maybe I'll be on a lot more than usual, or perhaps never again. They say it's one of the easier surgeries, but then again it's surgery which has more than just simply opening someone up involved. I'll keep ya up to date.   Smile

Here's a look at what the surgery looks like.

[youtube=425,350]http://youtube.com/watch?v=lC07fy0swz4&mode=related&search=
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 08:08:44 PM by Scott » Logged

Torgo

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 08:28:10 PM »

My oldest sister had to have her gallbladder removed a couple of years ago.  I think that they only had to make a small incision to get it out with all of the advancements in surgery. She was still pretty sore after it though but she just kept getting gall stones which were causing her some severe pain.

Good luck!

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Scott

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 08:33:11 PM »

That's correct. They make three incisions and fill the abdomen with gas. Thanks Torgo.

Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 09:05:05 PM »

I had my gall bladder removed in 2000. It is laparascopic surgery, and so it is not very tough to recover from. It was outpatient surgery, so I was out of the hospital in the early afternoon (they made me wait until I threw up, a sign the anesthesia was all out of my system). I was back to work inside of a week (office job). I took it easy on lifting stuff for a month, but I never really felt particularly bad--no pain, just a lot of passing gas immediately after the surgery. It is kind of deceptive; it is major surgery, but you feel like nothing is really wrong, so it is tempting to try to shorten your recovery period. My advice: don't. Sit, post here, rest, post here, eat, sleep, post, etc. Good luck and God be with you.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Scott

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 09:09:47 PM »

Thanks Derf. Do you miss not having your gallbladder? Do you have a special diet or can you eat about anything? I hear that if you eat fats you pass gas a lot. Is that true 7 years later?

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 09:10:14 PM »

Hi Scott,
You're going to be fine, and doing cartwheels in 2 or 3 weeks !!  I was nervous the first time I had surgery, but I've been under twice.  I know many people who have had gallbladderectomies... or whatever y'call 'em.   You're going to be fine.   Smile
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 09:13:59 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Scott

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2007, 09:13:49 PM »

That's 3 testimonials.  Thumbup

Wow, sounds reassuring. It sounds so good that I regret that I have only one gallbladder to remove.  TeddyR

It looks like they use almost a pen like instrument to pierce the abdomen and then burn away the ends of the gallbladder to remove it.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 09:15:42 PM by Scott » Logged

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2007, 09:15:50 PM »

A very good friend of mine aged 55 just had his removed about 3 months ago, and he was out of the hospital in 2 days and walking around hunky-dory in 10.  It's extremely common. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Scott

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2007, 09:20:07 PM »

Sounds super good you guys. Thanks again. I must get ready for bed now. Check back with you tomorrow.

Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2007, 10:38:01 PM »

I've got to watch one of those in class soon.  Gotta love the medical field.

Cheers
Torgo

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2007, 10:45:52 PM »

I've never had to have any kind of serious or mild surgery in my life. I always make sure that my karma is in good check though. I've had to have some stuff like my wisdom teeth being taken out but that's about it.

Does anyone watch that surgery channel on Direct TV?  A friend of mine has it and we watched the other day where they had to operate on this guy whose girlfriend had stabbed him in the chest with a butcher knife.  Of course, the main thing is to not pull the knife out as that's what's keeping the victim from bleeding to death.

The sick thing was that you could see the handle of the knife moving slightly in rhythm with the beating of his heart.  I'm a huge horror fan and I still can't stand the sight of actual blood sometimes.  The sight of that knife pulsating a bit made me queasy.   TeddyR

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2007, 12:15:59 AM »

Sounds like it's not a "big-deal" surgery, Scott.  Perfect chance to catch up on your movie watching while you recuperate.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2007, 01:37:59 AM »

Smile Hi Scott

Just a quick post from Pretoria to wish you well, my friend.   Smile

I have been told that some (well, a lot of) ice-cream does wonders for the body after an op. I had surgery in June last year and all I ate was ice-cream.

Good wishes and sterkte (strength) to you!  Thumbup

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Scott

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2007, 05:25:22 AM »

I've never had to have any kind of serious or mild surgery in my life. I always make sure that my karma is in good check though.

My avatar karma is already going up. Guess everyone should try this. TeddyR

I've got to watch one of those in class soon.  Gotta love the medical field.

I'll check and see if I can get you a front row seat Joe The Destroyer. What do you look like? Maybe I can get you in as substitute.

Sounds like it's not a "big-deal" surgery, Scott.  Perfect chance to catch up on your movie watching while you recuperate.

That's What I keep telling myself.  Fortunately I discovered an interesting form of prayer a few months ago. The timing seems to be working out. Smile
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 05:34:18 AM by Scott » Logged

Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2007, 07:46:58 AM »

Thanks Derf. Do you miss not having your gallbladder? Do you have a special diet or can you eat about anything? I hear that if you eat fats you pass gas a lot. Is that true 7 years later?

Things are a little different, but there are no eating restrictions at all, and no, I have not had more gas than I did before the surgery. Less, in fact, despite eating lots of fats. I don't want to go into the realm of Too Much Information, but the worst thing is that the bile that was stored in the gall bladder has to go somewhere, and that somewhere is straight into the intestines, which makes for some quick runs to the bathroom (no pun intended. ewwwwww).

I know that facing surgery is frightening, but the surgical technology today makes this one pretty painless. This is the only surgery I have ever had, and I remember my anxiety beforehand, but the relief I felt afterward (several months of random, extreme pain and not being able to eat much beyond tuna fish and water--and I hate tuna fish) made everything worth it. I know you said you had polyps rather than stones, so you may not have felt the knife-through-the-abdomen pains, but this surgery is not so bad, nor is life afterward.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Gallbladder Surgery « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.