Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:03:01 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Brain « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Brain  (Read 50232 times)
Felicity
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

I saw this movie in the late 1990s, when I was still foolish enough to believe that no movie made in the 1980s (my favourite decade) could be so bad that I couldn’t watch it.  This movie was one of the movies that changed that belief.  It also contributed to the killing of my patriotism for the movie talent pool of my native Canada.  (The evil assistant in that clip is played by George Buza, or as I call him, the Canadian Richard Riehle, and he’s a familiar face from countless made-in-Toronto TV shows and movies.  On the other hand, he was awesome as the voice of Beast in the 1992 X-Men cartoon.)

Reading your review almost makes me want to see it again, though.  I have a higher B-movie threshold now than I did five years ago, especially if they’re horror and can be watched with other B horror movie fans.  If it’s ever on Space: The Imagination Station (and, as it qualifies as Canadian content, it seems likely that it will be) I think I’ll tape it and inflict on it my horror-loving friend Gowan.
stormy
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I think things like this movie are fantastic. Noone would ever know this movie as part of their general pop-culture knowledge. It's info that you can have forever about an extremely obscure canadian film from the 1980s. You never know who else might know this movie.
ted
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2008, 11:11:57 AM »

This movie totally sucks. And that's not an opinion. That's a fact. Cheers
Kooshmeister
The King of Koosh!
Bad Movie Lover

Must have caffeine...

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2008, 03:41:08 PM »

Eh, originally this post was a little more scathing than it needed to be. So I'll just say I don't like it when people tout their opinions as facts, especially so smugly.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 03:43:27 PM by Kooshmeister » Logged
Morton
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2008, 04:30:34 PM »

Im a big fan of b movies and would like this film added to my collection and i,ve been searching everywhere for it but theres loads of films called the brain which one is it if anyone could give me a link to what the film cover looks like i would really appreciate it lots my email is morton1235@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks
Pumaman1138
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2008, 08:41:45 PM »

this looks to be the link to the film over at amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/6301173120/badmoviesorg

« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 08:44:04 PM by Pumaman1138 » Logged

You don't have to be mad to work here, in fact we ask you to complete a medical questionnaire to ensure that you are not.  ---- David Brent (Ricky Gervais), The Office
Cinematicpro
New Visitor

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2012, 07:22:00 AM »

I worked on this movie & had to leave after 2 weeks of working with the dumbest Director I had ever met. I don't know how I even lasted 2 weeks? But this guy was an American coming to Canada to do a low budget film that he thought he could add some professionalism to.... But any student right out of school would have done 10x a better job than this thoughtless idiot.
Can I add an example of how stupid he was..... We rented a private home for the outdoor shot...but of course in Toronto it was mid December & the ground was still wet & soft. Nobody was to walk on the property till 7am...as the owners of the home were having breakfast. Plus nobody walk on the lawn till we secure it with a covering...what does the idiot do at 6:30am..... walks on the front lawn with his posse ruins the whole lawn ad continues walking all over the whole lawn destroying it....That cost the production over $5K to replace the complete lawn in the spring....what an idiot.....Oh he extended the shooting days in the High School (Central Tech) with out paying for the extra days....which stopped any future films from ever getting to film in this classic all American looking High School..... What more needs to be said.....
Oh yes.....he was the first guy I had ever seen wearing his loose pants down below his ass..... The difference from then to now is that.....his pant leg went perfectly cut to the shoe level. Maybe he was ahead of his time back in the mid 80's..... No just an idiot who didn't know how to dress...... The crew was imitating his pants on a daily basis...
claws
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2012, 10:53:10 AM »

The late David Gale pointed out in interviews what an a***ole Ed Hunt was on the set of The Brain.
I do love Ed Hunt's Alien Warrior (1986) though, a true bad movie classic.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Brain « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.