Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:45:55 PM
714413 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  A (probably) Japanese film from the 1960s or 1970s « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A (probably) Japanese film from the 1960s or 1970s  (Read 3353 times)
GoHawks
Bad Movie Lover

Happiness is a dancing beagle.

« on: October 20, 2007, 01:10:40 AM »

Somewhere between 1980 and 1996, but probably in the mid-1980s, I saw this movie on TV.  (I don't remember which channel.)  The good guys included the typical genius scientist (maybe more than one) and some other guys who I think were some sort of Science Patrol or something.  The bad guys included one super-genius who was either an alien or a member of a long-lost society (e.g. Mu, Atlantis) and maybe some henchmen.  I know, I know, I just described about 10,000 films.

The unique characteristic of this film I remember is that the bad guy was capable of producing chimeric animals by surgery.  Specifically, I remember him (rather graphically, I might add) grafting on a set of wings to some large predator which I think was a lion.  I'm pretty sure he did this sort of thing to more animals as well.  I'm not sure how he controlled these animals, but he was able to get them to do some pretty specific things.  I'm pretty sure the bad guy had some sort of giant flying (space?)ship, or that he stole one from the good guys.

I can't remember what the bad guy was trying to do (other than take over the world, probably) or how the good guys managed to stop him.  I don't think there were any daikaiju involved.  I don't necessarily remember any of the actors being Japanese, but I do remember the film having that 'Japanese feel' to it, if you know what I mean.  Maybe it was a low-budget European film?

"Please do not offer my god a peanut."  -  Apu
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 06:18:02 AM »

This has to be "Latitude Zero."  I think that a DVD release of the film is planned in the near future.  I know that I've been begging for one.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064470/

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
GoHawks
Bad Movie Lover

Happiness is a dancing beagle.

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 02:28:45 AM »

Thanks Andrew, that's it!  Looking at the IMDB page, it's no wonder I wasn't sure if it was Japanese with all of the Western sounding actor's names.  There's even Cesar Romero!

"Please do not offer my god a peanut."  -  Apu
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  A (probably) Japanese film from the 1960s or 1970s « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.