Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:57:31 PM
714501 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre III « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre III  (Read 1804 times)
D-Man
Bad Movie Lover

Only my head is tiny...

« on: October 25, 2007, 04:21:38 PM »

This film is often regarded as the worst of the TCM movies, and I was once inclined to agree.  I rented the R rated version on VHS in College, and really didn't think much of it. 

Well, recently, I decided to rent a relatively new DVD release of this film, which included an unrated, uncut version.  Usually, I don't fall for these types of gimmicks when a horror film comes out on DVD, but out of morbid curiosity, I decided to try this one out. 

I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised.  The Uncut version of Leatherface: TCM III is a lot more brutal, and makes a lot more sense (other than the odd way they ended it).  It's still not the best film of the franchise, but it's definitely much more entertaining now that I got to see the version the damn MPAA wouldn't let moviegoers see. 

Bottom line: Give this film a chance, but be sure to pick up the unrated version.  And be sure to check out the deleted scenes as well. 
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 04:33:47 PM »

I found I was surprised by this, as well.  TCM III gets off to a rocky start but, once it gets going it's quite satisfactory.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 05:15:35 PM »

I may be in the minorty here...but I have ALWAYS enjoyed part 3 ! I thought it was quite creepy and well done!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Torgo

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 05:17:39 PM »

I can't stand part 3, but it's much more of a curio since Viggo Mortensen starred in it long before Lord of the Rings made him famous.

BTW, the original treatment of the movie had some really explicit sequences in it like a nude man being hung upside down and split in half with a chainsaw.  I remember there was a Fangoria issue talking about the productions diaries of the director and he said how the producers were yanking whole sections of the script out as it was really disgusting in it's original form.

So it could've been even much more brutal.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
VenominOhio
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 11:41:01 PM »

i have the unrated/rated r version dvd and i love it,i saw the R version growing up but the unrated version more than makes up for it,still can`t explain the ending. but that`s life.
Jim H

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 02:06:06 PM »

I can't stand part 3, but it's much more of a curio since Viggo Mortensen starred in it long before Lord of the Rings made him famous.

BTW, the original treatment of the movie had some really explicit sequences in it like a nude man being hung upside down and split in half with a chainsaw.  I remember there was a Fangoria issue talking about the productions diaries of the director and he said how the producers were yanking whole sections of the script out as it was really disgusting in it's original form.

So it could've been even much more brutal.

You can spot Viggo in a lot of earlier movies..  He truly worked his way up.  Leatherface, American Yakuza, and lots of small roles before breaking it big.  I respect him for it, actually.

That said, while Leatherface is weak in some ways, I've always found it entertaining.  I like the concept too - a badass survivalist against a family of cannibal killers.  Ending is kind of blah (both of them) though.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre III « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.