Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:29:37 PM
714415 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Friday the 13th part 1. is lame, man. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Friday the 13th part 1. is lame, man.  (Read 9208 times)
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2007, 05:09:16 PM »

I do indeed find it very strange how so many of my peers take the original Friday the 13th seriously but laugh at The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

I'm one of those people!   Drink

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2007, 07:17:16 PM »

Part 6 was the first one I saw, and it was fun. The budget clearly went up a couple of notches, as did the action (the motorhome was classic). The characters were fun, there were more laughs, but not too many. A fair bit of gore, but it leans a little more toward action/adventure than some of the other chapters. I also kind of liked seeing the camp open for business and full of kids for a change. The Alice Cooper soundtrack didn't hurt either.

After that, I'd say I liked Part 4 about second-best. And it had Corey Feldman!

Part 3 was good too, with the debut of the hockey mask, to replace the bag Jason originally wore. And you gotta like seeing all the pointy things thrust at the camera for the movie's original 3-D release.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2007, 07:44:46 PM »

The F13 series are a guilty pleasure ...so bad they're meta-funny.  I think "clockwork" reviewed every single one in the reader reviews (the poor masochistic bastard!).  My personal favorite is also part 4 - probably the pinnacle of the series, but in retrospect, the first one doesn't seem like it's even in the same series. 

But, if you think the first one was bad, try to endure part 3 and part 8 <shudders> ...oh the pain!

I like Part 8.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2007, 08:00:38 PM »

I like part 1 only actually because I've never been a fan of Jason.  I loved Mrs. Voorhees.  My brother and I quote her whenever we start talking about the movie. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2007, 11:34:48 PM »

I loved Mrs. Voorhees.  My brother and I quote her whenever we start talking about the movie. 

"Kill her, mommie! kill her! I am, baby."

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2007, 08:02:58 AM »

MAN! Why cant they make cool horror movies anymore?! The only modern horrors that are any good that I can think of are House of 1,000 corpses, The Devil's Rejects, The Nun, (trust me, its good!) and the Halloween remake. And Grindhouse...(well, at least the first half of it.)

They're still making a ton of great horror movies, you just won't find them in theaters .  The low budget direct-to-video horror genre is huge, and you can find plenty of stuff to like no matter what niche of which sub-genre is your favorite.  And they're constantly re-releasing obscure old stuff on DVD, so it's just a cornucopia of horrific goodness!   TeddyR 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2007, 11:56:46 AM »

They're still making a ton of great horror movies, you just won't find them in theaters .  The low budget direct-to-video horror genre is huge, and you can find plenty of stuff to like no matter what niche of which sub-genre is your favorite.  And they're constantly re-releasing obscure old stuff on DVD, so it's just a cornucopia of horrific goodness!   TeddyR 

I know! Thats how I found "The Nun" TeddyR!

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Mortal Envelope
Bad Movie Lover

Manos...it's frightening!

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2007, 10:19:06 AM »

Wow, you peeps that liked 3 and 8 have much more bad movie endurance than I do...but then I do own them both :)

Just a few weeks ago, a fellow movie ribbing friend and I watched this one again and both agree, once Betsy Palmer arrives on the scene, this movie is downright funny!  It turns into a crazy cat fight.  I just love Pam Voorhees's over-the-top acting! 

One part where my buddy and I both lost it was after Alice awakes in the hospital at the end, we kept subsituting the word, "boy" with "moustache" (since you can see hers clearly!):

Alice: "but what about the moustache?"

Inept Cop: "moustache? we didn't find any moustache"

Alice: "then it's still there!"

After viewing each of these gems, I have to rearrange my placement of number 5... I used to hate it but now it's one of my favorites, stricly for the funny factor.  I mean, some of these characters are just rediculous!  But the best part was everytime Tommy would start makin' faces and then go off the deep end.  Man, he really wupped some ass in this one (gotta love that tilt-a-whirl body slam through the table).  Too bad he turns into a complete wussbag in part 6.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 11:31:57 AM by Mortal Envelope » Logged
voltron

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2007, 07:46:11 PM »

I enjoyed F13 Part 1. Sure, it's a bit on the cheesy side, but hell, that's why I think I like it. Part 2 is the best of the series, IMO. Amy Steel is one of the coolest final girls ever.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Torgo

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2007, 10:13:33 PM »

"DOOMED! THIS THREAD IS ALL DOOMED! IT HAS A DEATH CURSE!"

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
daveblackeye15

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2007, 12:30:29 AM »

All I've seen are the first three, bits of Manhatten and Freddy vs Jason.

Part III is my least favorite. Part 1 seems like the best overall done, Part 2 reminds me of an urban legend with Jason wearing a pillow case over his head. Freddy and Jason was okayish up until they started fighting which got good.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2007, 07:05:39 AM »

"DOOMED! THIS THREAD IS ALL DOOMED! IT HAS A DEATH CURSE!"

That guy makes me laugh every time.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Friday the 13th part 1. is lame, man. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.