Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:33:48 AM
714471 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 133
Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 827420 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #120 on: January 09, 2008, 09:51:39 PM »

I'm stuck in Asgard, but it's a good game.

I've beat Marvel Ultimate Alliance twice.  (awesome game!)
If your stuck, let me know and I can walk you through it.

I'm at the part where you have to save Tyr and the other person, and they're haning above Lava.  I'd move the wooden crank, but they'd fall, so I can't.  My team is Wolverine, Blade, Deadpool and Captain America, and I have no idea where to go.  I've just been walking around.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #121 on: January 10, 2008, 05:58:34 AM »

You have to find a way to pour water onto the lava to cool it.
Only then can you lower Tyr and he won't die.

Here's a snippet from a walkthrough I found online.

"Enter the Great Forge.
Scorpion and Lizard are waiting for you as well as Tyr hanging from the ceiling
above a fire pit. Go to either side and attack one before the other can react.
You will be able to severely damage one enemy while the other is making his way
to your area.
Once they are gone we need to find a way to cool the lava below
Tyr. There are 2 levers behind Tyr. Positioning one team member on one lever
and switching characters to move a second to the other lever allows your the
option of lowering Tyr into the lava. We don't want to do that so lets figure
out how to cool it.
Go through the only door you are allowed to at this point.
Fight the monsters and go down the stairs for a weapons cache and the Invisible
Woman's simulator disc.
Get a 2nd weapons cache and move to the next room. In
the room with wooden stairs there is a sketch book straight ahead and a
weapons cache to the right. The exit to the next room is on the left.
Save at the SHIELD access point and go down stairs.
Here you find the Great Anvil.
Pick up some metal from the table to the right and take it to the forge on the
other side. Use the bellows to heat it. Go back to the items table and pick up
some tongs to retrieve the metal. Put the heated metal on the Great Anvil and
get the hammer from the table. Use the hammer to create Asgard's Armor.
Pick up the striking upgrade and body upgrade on either sides of the next room and
move forward.
You should now be in a room with a lava pit and a giant cauldron
to the side. Kill the enemies and use the cauldron pulley to pour water onto
the fire thereby cooling it. Fight your way to the 2 large X's and use the
levers to open the door.
You are back to Tyr so use the levers in this room to lower him to safety. He is thankful and opens a portal to Asgard for you."

----------------------------

Hope that helps!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 06:00:57 AM by Ash » Logged
dean

« Reply #122 on: January 10, 2008, 06:56:34 AM »

Just burned my way through the Orange Box.  Great set, but jeez it finishes quick.  Can't wait for more Portal stuff though: Best Game I've played in a while easy.

How was that cake?

LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also just got the soundtrack and have been playing 'Still Alive' nonstop.  TeddyR

Here is a list of games on standby that I just haven't had the time to delve into enough that I bought on various whims recently:

Marvel Ultimate Alliance:  It's one of the first Wii games I got since I'm a sucker for Marvel stuff.  Just haven't played it much at all which is a shame.

Red Steel for wii [been getting far but it's been a while since I played]

Command and Conquer 3: Played it alot, but still haven't finished Nod yet.  But played aLOT of Skirmish...  Thumbup

Evil Dead: Regeneration: Kicking around a Deadite midget was fun, and Campbells quips made for fanboy gushes but I still  couldn't help get bored by repetitive gameplay.

Mario Party 8: Bought as a game for when friends are by but kept getting sidetracked by Guitar Hero instead... rightfully so too.

Final Fantasy XII: Bought because I love FF games, but more for the story, and I just can't commit right now to something that will eat all my time, which it definitely would do...

Driver Parallel Lines: Cheap game that is a sequel from a childhood favorite.

The Warriors: Just bought this because it was cheap.  My PS2 is dying and didn't read the disc first try, so gave up [for now]

Phew... I've got a lot to get through...  Hatred

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #123 on: January 10, 2008, 02:31:08 PM »

I have been finishing up some of my Gamecube and PS2 games mostly. Here the ones I have beaten of still playing

PS2:
Slient Hill 4: The Room (I beat every one of them in the series expect the PSP one "Orgins")
Front Mission 4
Suikoden 5 (2 Time)

GC:
Fire Emblem: Path Of Radiance
Eternal Darkenss: Sanity Requiem(Plan on playing again)

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Torgo

« Reply #124 on: January 10, 2008, 11:08:09 PM »

I've gone back and started playing through the Silent Hill games in order in addition to trying to get through Resident Evil 4 on professional mode.

Talk about tough!

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Torgo

« Reply #125 on: January 11, 2008, 05:40:24 PM »

I picked up Neo Geo Battle Coliseum and King of Fighters XI for the PS2 today for only 30 bucks for both.

cqmorrell
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #126 on: January 15, 2008, 02:11:54 AM »

I've been playing Smackdown vs Raw 2008 (my CAW based on myself is WCW Classic World Champion at the moment) and Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 2. (am destroying people left and right with Tsunade and Ino TeddyR)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #127 on: January 15, 2008, 08:47:50 AM »

Started on Resident Evil 4 for the PS2.  It's pretty good, cool boss fights.  Not exactly living up to the "greatest PS2 game of all time!!!" hype, but I'm only 5 hours into it.  It gets a little tedius looking in every imagineable place for treasure and stuff.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #128 on: January 17, 2008, 09:50:40 AM »

Guitar Hero 3

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #129 on: January 17, 2008, 01:31:31 PM »

Smash Bros. Brawl got pushed back AGAIN.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #130 on: January 31, 2008, 10:14:57 AM »

Still on RE4.  About 16 hours into it, maybe 1/4 to 1/3 done.  Pretty cool game, better than my original impression.  Could have a little more variety to it, but still, I find myself stealing away to play it quite often.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
RapscallionJones
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Grim & Frostbitten

« Reply #131 on: February 01, 2008, 09:52:57 AM »

Got tired of Halo 3 since I play it every day at work, so I traded it in on Call of Duty 4.  At first I was hesitant to trade Halo, until I played it.  Call of Duty 4 is a much more rewarding game.  It forsakes the meat-headed brute force antics of Halo multiplayer in favor of a much more tactical approach to gaming.  These are usually the shooters I go for anyway.  Any game that keeps me thinking about  how to tackle a particular firefight really gets my undivided attention. 

The single player game is a nice challenge on the upper difficulties, but everything you've heard about it is true.  It's over in a single afternoon of gaming.  That's not to say that it isn't a great single player experience, it's a fantastic story packed with the sort of supporting cast that Call of Duty has used in the past, including the modern variant of the entirely bad-ass British special forces soldier, Captain Price.  It is also home to some of the most furious, jaw dropping moments that I've wished someone else was around to see.  A flashback to the 90's sniper mission, in particular, where you and your partner must sneak around the militarized area near Chernobyl, laying hidden on the ground in your ghillie suit as enemy troops and vehicles move around you.  It's tense.  Also, toward the end, the fate of the US Marine that you play in the Saudi missions is not something you might be expecting.  It's a gritty story and a great game.

But the online component is where it shines.

It sports the usual online shooter game modes.  A free for all deathmatch, team deathmatch, capture and hold, bombin run, capture the flag and so on.  Nothing exciting to report there.  The maps are far more numerous than most games, made up mostly of scenarios you played in the single player mission and then some, but there's an incentive program at work.  You begin with a rank of 1 and as you play and kill enemies, you get experience points.  Experience points raise your rank and make new weapons and player classes available to you.  At first, there's just a handful of options but then you'll have all the classes available (assault, demolitions, gunner, sniper, etc.) until you can make your own class pairing up a main weapon, a sidearm, grenades and then perks.  Perks give you an edge.  You can run faster, take more damager, bullets do more damage, but then you start to see cooler perks.  Martyr drops a grenade at your feet when you're killed so nearby enemies will be in a real pickle if they killed you when you were close by.  Last stand allows you to lay on the ground with your pistol out before you die picking off anyone you see.  You can also kill yourself, for some reason.

It doesn't end there, though.  All guns have options.  Grenade launchers, silencers, camo, sights.  These are made available by completing challenges, which become available with each level.  25 kills with an assault rifle will give you a red dot scope, 25 headshots give you digital camo.  Eventually you can carry around rocket launchers.  Against personnel, these do the job, but you really need them for the next cool bit about the game.  Even more options and perks become available at "Boot Camp" which is a series of non-gun related challenges. 

Get a chain of three kills in a row and you can call in a UAV.  The UAV gives you the location of all the enemies on the map (unless they have the UAV jammer perk).  Get five kills and you can call in an airstrike.  Jets fly overhead and bomb the spot that you specify.  Get seven kills and an apache comes down on the spot that you tell it to and hoses all enemies with its machine guns.  These options are ruthless and really make a chaotic firefight even worse.  Just when you think you have sweet cover and a great vantage point to pick off the enemy, a chopper comes down and smokes you out of you position.  You either get hosed by its minigun or you're vulnerable to small arms.  If you're carrying an RPG, though, your team stands a better chance since you can shoot these things down.  There's an achievement for it.

The loading screens suggest that once you are maxed out, you have to make a choice.  Whatever that means.  I don't know anyone who has maxed out.

The depth of the multiplayer is so rewarding.  The single player could have stood to be a little longer but you'll probably just want to cut to the chase and play the online portion. 

Oh!  You can teabag, dudes, too.

Visit the b-movie blog
http://www.cinema-suicide.com
The required Myspace profile
http://www.myspace.com/cinemasuicide
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #132 on: February 01, 2008, 10:13:14 AM »

The loading screens suggest that once you are maxed out, you have to make a choice.  Whatever that means.  I don't know anyone who has maxed out.

When you get maxed out, you can choose to enter "Prestige Mode".
Your icon beside your name changes and you lose everything you've earned.
And I do mean everything.
Your weapons, perks, dot sights, camos, challenges...everything goes.

Once you max out the first prestige, you can do it all over again, only each time you do it, your icon changes.
I believe there are 10 levels of prestige mode and yes, there are guys out there who have achieved it.
I cannot begin to imagine how many hours it would take to do it and many of those who have are ridiculed on the forums for having no life.

I own COD4 and while the graphics and gameplay are amazing, I don't care much for the way multiplayer is set up.
Sure, it can be fun, but it's too much run & gun/pray & spray for my tastes.
I prefer the more teamwork oriented gameplay and larger maps in Call of Duty 3.

I rate COD4 3 out of 4 stars and COD3 4 out of 4 stars.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 10:35:01 AM by Ash » Logged
Torgo

« Reply #133 on: February 01, 2008, 11:18:30 PM »

I've started playing through Phantasy Star IV again on the Sega Genesis Collection for the PS2. I never get tired of those classic games............... TeddyR

moman
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #134 on: February 05, 2008, 12:53:44 PM »

I mainly just play on Pro Evo and sometimes go on Duke Nukem 3D and Mortal Kombat II.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 133
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.