Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:02:41 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 133
Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 818913 times)
Couchtr26
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1305 on: December 30, 2012, 05:41:24 PM »

I wonder what year that game was. It sucks pretty bad though visually it's actually kind of cool.

It has an interesting style that is for sure though I am unsure of the year. 

Painkiller: Black edition, missed it on first release and nice to play things I missed initially.

Ah, the good old days.
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #1306 on: January 05, 2013, 12:05:33 PM »

Hmm curently playing-

On the WII- Thrillville, great game, tons of mini games built into the main game

On the Xbox- Fable Platinum edition

On the PS3 (which I stole from dad and have every intention of returning)
-Heavenly sword, My wife is obsessed with the hot readheaded chick

Finally on the PC - Fallout tactics, man I love this game. I really hope they come out wiht a fallout3

Fallout 3 is in the works chief.  I'm so psyched about it.  Bethesda, who made the Elder Scrolls games, will be creating it.  I can't wait as Fallout 1 and 2 were some of the best games I ever played.

The only problem with Bethesda is that their games are FULL of bugs and quest glitches. Skyrim is just such an example. If I could begin somewhere I could, but there are so many it's hard to list them all. 

The "Title Bar Update" from Xbox Marketplace seems to have made a lot of that stuff history, but they need to fix all of it.

At least in Oblivion you were able to correctly report a quest as completed if you happened to inadvertently finished it quest before it was assigned to you. In Skyrim you get left hanging. A great game that can be made greater than it already is, despite the setback issues.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1307 on: January 05, 2013, 06:16:25 PM »

Hmm curently playing-

On the WII- Thrillville, great game, tons of mini games built into the main game

On the Xbox- Fable Platinum edition

On the PS3 (which I stole from dad and have every intention of returning)
-Heavenly sword, My wife is obsessed with the hot readheaded chick

Finally on the PC - Fallout tactics, man I love this game. I really hope they come out wiht a fallout3

Fallout 3 is in the works chief.  I'm so psyched about it.  Bethesda, who made the Elder Scrolls games, will be creating it.  I can't wait as Fallout 1 and 2 were some of the best games I ever played.

The only problem with Bethesda is that their games are FULL of bugs and quest glitches. Skyrim is just such an example. If I could begin somewhere I could, but there are so many it's hard to list them all. 

The "Title Bar Update" from Xbox Marketplace seems to have made a lot of that stuff history, but they need to fix all of it.

At least in Oblivion you were able to correctly report a quest as completed if you happened to inadvertently finished it quest before it was assigned to you. In Skyrim you get left hanging. A great game that can be made greater than it already is, despite the setback issues.

Bethesda is a hit or miss game company, making some of the best games (Skyrim and some of the worst games (Brink)
At least they aren't Square Enix, making two of the most norotrious flops one right after the other, Final Fantasy XIV-2 and Mindjack

However, Bethesda isn't the only major game publisher/director to have bugs, Rockstar is guilty too, Red Dead Redemption is a good example, with the Manimals.

yeah no.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1308 on: February 08, 2013, 04:12:20 PM »

Playing Dragon's Dogma.  It's boring.  The quests are like this:

• Talk to some guy
    walk for 20 minutes because there's no fast-travel
    wander around wondering what the heck you're supposed to do
    check walkthrough on the internet
    spend 2 minutes doing what you're supposed to do
    Spend 20 minutes walking back to where you started

I don't feel like any of these quests have anything to do with the main story.  Can't even remember what the main story is.  There aren't any perks for leveling up, just a tiny increase in your health and endurance stats.  You never really get any loot that's good for anything except selling for some miniscule amount of money. 

I don't know how much longer I'll keep playing this.  It's a shame too because the game world is beautiful and the characters look really nice.  There's just nothing remotely interesting to do.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #1309 on: February 08, 2013, 07:00:12 PM »

Recently: Armor Attack (arcade).  Old black & white game with a color overlay.  You pilot a jeep through a simple maze and shoot down tanks and chopper before they shoot you. 

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1310 on: February 08, 2013, 08:20:59 PM »

Still playing Oblivion. I recently received a quest where I was asked to go deal with someone called "Umaril the Unfeathered." If you guys see him let me know, I just want to talk to the guy...

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #1311 on: February 09, 2013, 02:07:36 AM »

Still playing Oblivion. I recently received a quest where I was asked to go deal with someone called "Umaril the Unfeathered." If you guys see him let me know, I just want to talk to the guy...

I think I had 120 hours of Oblivion in. I completed most of the main-world quests, and then (finally) ventured over to the Shivering Isles. At this point, almost every stat I had was maxed out, and I did not use any cheats to do that. It was long and arduous and very repetitive.

Then both my hard drives crashed. My backups were kind of spotty due to an external hard drive formatting error I was too lazy to fix. Like that, game gone forever.

Great game.

I just put the finishing touches on Assassin's Creed: Revelations. I had stalled on the game because there was one annoying mission which I couldn't sync to 100% without having to restart further back than I thought was acceptable. Finally buckled down and beat it. Finished the rest of the missions 100% without too much difficulty. Spent way too much time running around completing all the optional objectives, including spending way too much time getting every city in Mediterranean Defense stocked with four assassins of each weapon and completing all the missions.

Long story short, finally finished the game with DNA at 100%. Didn't get all the achievements the game has, and probably won't, since the fact that I don't play multi-player precludes me from platinum-ing the game. Also, I don't have much interest in paying $10 bucks for more of the first-person sequences. Maybe I will, eventually.

Great series, with too many ridiculous side-quests that don't pay out in real gameplay. That being said, it's sad to see Ezio go. I'm looking forward to Assassin's Creed III, but I never buy new games, so that one is still a ways off.

Also, still playing The Binding of Isaac, which I now think is one of the greatest game ever. Steam says I've played 91 hours, which is a lot for a game that ostensibly only takes an hour to play every session.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1312 on: February 21, 2013, 07:26:16 AM »

Been playing Binary Domain for a few evenings.  It's a pretty standard third-person shooter with lots of gray environments and everybody's pretty macho.  Shooting mechanics are fine, you've got your standard assault rifle plus another weapon of your choice - usually a more powerful assault rifle though there are usually missile launchers lying around during boss battles.  There's also a pistol which I've never had to use and you get a variety of grenades.  Enemies are all robots and they're kind of cool, you can shoot their legs off and they crawl around like a half-destroyed terminator until you blast their heads off.  There was a boss battle with this gigantic robot where you had to use the missile launcher to blast the armor off its legs and then shoot these power conduits or whatever once the armor was gone.  That was kind of fun and challenging.

The story is actually the best part - in the future robots are common and some bad guy has begun making cyborgs which are indistinguishable from humans - in fact they don't even know they're cyborgs, they honestly believe they're human beings.  So we're sent to Japan to try and track down the guy who's building these things and of course battling a gazillion enemies along the way.

I've been bored with shooters for years now but I was kind of in the mood for one, and this isn't bad.  Gameplay is of course repetitive - shoot all the guys in this area, move to the next area, shoot all the guys there.  But oh well.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1313 on: February 21, 2013, 07:40:51 AM »

BounceGiggle TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #1314 on: February 21, 2013, 10:09:20 AM »

I still don't get bored with Mass Effect 3, and I'm starting to accumulate enough upgrades to feel comfortable at Silver difficulty in multiplayer.

I'm kind of late getting into Dragon Age 2, but so far it's pretty good. I've been hearing reports that I'll have to make a choice between two sides by the end, and that both choices kinda suck.

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
The Fake Macoy
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1315 on: February 22, 2013, 02:44:03 PM »

I just finished the story mode of Arkham City.  I'm currently working on the Riddler's Revenge missions.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #1316 on: February 22, 2013, 09:52:57 PM »

I'm playing Oblivion, too. I started to play through once before, but my character was awful. So I started over with a pretty little Breton Spellsword named Sally Jo, and she's making some real good progress. Long way to go, though; don't know if I'll ever come close to finishing it. I'm waiting for the price of Skyrim to come down so I can afford it; right now I can't even afford a used copy.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1317 on: March 03, 2013, 11:17:22 PM »

Been playing Minecraft- I'm addicted, but not his addicted:

yeah no.
JoeTheDestroyer
Random Text Crapper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1318 on: March 16, 2013, 11:19:26 AM »

Still playing Skyrim, currently engaged in the Dark Brotherhood quest line.  Right now I'm on a quest to kill a certain traitor, which grants me access to the horse Shadowmere.  The awesome thing about that is that you can easily max out any offense-based skills using the mount.  Basically, you receive no penalties for attacking Shadowmere (meaning the horse doesn't turn hostile, nor does anyone around you, and you don't accrue bounty levels).  On top of that the horse regenerates incredibly fast, allowing you to bash it to your heart's content.  Since I need to level up my two-handed skill, I decided to craft a Dragonbone Warhammer and smash away at the creature until it's maxed out.  After I've accomplished that, I will only have two more skills to max out (heavy armor and alchemy), and then I'll be at the level cap.

Also playing a couple Steam games: Closure and The Adventures of Shuggy.  Closure is fairly fun puzzle platformer that deals with lighting.  Basically, you can only walk on a platform if it's lit.  To achieve this, you have to either carry a crystal ball that emits light or adjust lamps in the stage to illuminate a path.  The objective of each stage is to figure out how to get to a door, and some stages don't make it easy on you.  Alongside that is a strange, ambiguous narrative that I've yet to puzzle out.  I think it has something to do with the game's title (i.e. giving closure to certain characters). 

Where The Adventures of Shuggy is concerned, that one is an addictive, arcade-style, score attack platformer.  Each stage is a single screen built of convoluted pathways and platforms.  Spread throughout each stage is a certain number of gems to nab, but figuring out how to secure them without croaking is the tough part.  Some stages can be completed in mere seconds, requiring you to grab the items very quickly without a single misstep.  Others take time and brains.  I like the mixture of both fast-paced stages and brainy challenges.

Both games weren't instantly likeable, but they've both grown on me like festive fungi. 

Also, I recently finished Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate.  Since I'm writing a review of this game for Realm of Gaming, I'm not going to discuss my opinion here in detail, and I'll leave you with, "Not impressed."
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 11:22:55 AM by JoeTheDestroyer » Logged

Latest reader review:
Crossbow (Atari 2600)
Latest staff reviews:
BC Racers (32X)
Dying Light (PS4)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1319 on: March 16, 2013, 11:24:05 AM »

I played and beaten Sly 2 again, finished the first four levels plus tutorial in one day. the last four was over the week.

yeah no.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 133
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.