Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:06:08 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 133
Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 819035 times)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1350 on: July 03, 2013, 10:05:41 AM »

Off topic: I like how, after 90 pages, someone made this a sticky thread. Smile

On Topic: Still kicking it with Saints Row 2, man is this like San Andreas with the goofiness, but serious storyline.

yeah no.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1351 on: July 16, 2013, 01:39:53 PM »

Still playing Fallout New Vegas.  Finished one of the endings, I'll probably play through the other 3.  Still got a couple of the DLC's to play through as well.  Old World Blues was pretty cool, Honest Hearts was fairly lame.  Did get a kick out of the Roadrunner / Wile E. Coyote environment though.  Still got Lonesome Road and Dead Money to play.  Kind of going for all the achievements, but I'm itchin' to get started on Skyrim so I may not get around to doing everything.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #1352 on: July 18, 2013, 03:47:53 AM »

Just finished Uncharted 3.

I love the Uncharted games, they are essentially a series of gigantic set-pieces set around a flimsy story, but those set pieces are amazing. One of my favorite video game moments ever takes place in Uncharted 2 where the hero, Drake, after battling his way through a moving train has to take down a helicopter with a gatling gun. During that fight he laughs like a maniac, which was just perfect to me.

So Uncharted 3 has probably the worst story of all of those games, but it doesn't really matter. The set-pieces are incredible. I also like the characters, so that helps. My favorite "couple" in video games is Drake and Elena Fisher, their interactions are very rewarding to me.

I would love to play Uncharted 3 in 3-D mode, but my TV is not compatible with the PS3's method of 3-D. The set-pieces would be incredible in 3-D.

Aside, this game has made me realize I really need to stop playing games on the "Hard" setting on general principle (at least the first time though). I'm playing the game and loving it, and then I get to a fight scenes of increasing difficulty where I just end up swearing at my television in increasingly crass ways. Fighting super-tough armored one-hit-kill tanks while avoiding one-hit-kill snipers at the same time, with a field full of average villains who can also kill you, not so much fun.

Not to say I didn't beat those games on hard, I did, and I highly value the sense of accomplishment I get for having performed such a feat. But I think I'm ruining the "fun" part for myself.

Also, nobody ever takes me up on my offer when I say you should be playing The Binding of Isaac. I am nearing 200 hours of play time, and am very close to 100%-ing the game. I think at this point I am closer to playing that game more than I have ever played any other game, including the Civilization franchise. The Binding of Isaac is a fantastic game, and I will keep extolling its virtues in the hope that anybody will try it out. (So far, nobody I know has.)

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1353 on: July 19, 2013, 10:20:10 AM »

Playing a bit of Skyrim.  Here's my character

- Paulo Coelho
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #1354 on: July 20, 2013, 12:42:37 PM »

Still playing Fallout New Vegas.  Finished one of the endings, I'll probably play through the other 3.  Still got a couple of the DLC's to play through as well.  Old World Blues was pretty cool, Honest Hearts was fairly lame.  Did get a kick out of the Roadrunner / Wile E. Coyote environment though.  Still got Lonesome Road and Dead Money to play.  Kind of going for all the achievements, but I'm itchin' to get started on Skyrim so I may not get around to doing everything.

I enjoyed Old World Blues.  I particularly enjoyed that when it came to fighting the scientists, I had the HE rockets loaded up, and one rocket blew them to kibbles and chunks, scattered to all corners of the lab.  :)   That was most satisfying.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1355 on: July 20, 2013, 04:50:06 PM »

I enjoyed Old World Blues.  I particularly enjoyed that when it came to fighting the scientists, I had the HE rockets loaded up, and one rocket blew them to kibbles and chunks, scattered to all corners of the lab.  :)   That was most satisfying.

LOL I kind of did the same thing with one of the endings to the main game.  I had a missile launcher with an ample supply of missiles, and I was just blasting these guys at the other end of the hallway over and over.  Then I spent a half hour getting frustrated because I couldn't figure out where to go next - until I realized I'd killed the guy I needed to kill, but there was literally nothing left of him so I didn't know it  BounceGiggle

"Have you seen General Oliver?"
"I think you're standing in him."

- Paulo Coelho
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1356 on: July 22, 2013, 04:36:55 PM »

Bastion, and damn is that soundtrack is awesome!

yeah no.
VenomX73

« Reply #1357 on: July 23, 2013, 02:29:23 PM »

NONE - Im going on strike until this winter lol.

Im waiting for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2! I have always wanted to play as Count Dracula.  Twirling

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
pizdatrica
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1358 on: July 23, 2013, 02:34:57 PM »

I usually start to play a game, and play it for 2 days and then I stop and think "why am I wasting my life on this" and delete it from my PC. Also, my girlfriend hates gamers so I feel bad about lying to her that I don't play :P
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1359 on: July 23, 2013, 04:09:35 PM »

I'm also play Mercenaries for the PS2.  Smile

yeah no.
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #1360 on: August 03, 2013, 08:50:14 AM »

Pushed Dark Souls aside for The Last of Us.

For now.

Im waiting for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2! I have always wanted to play as Count Dracula.  Twirling

I will respect your opinion by not flaming you for liking that...Thing...

« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 08:52:16 AM by A.J. Bauer » Logged

VenomX73

« Reply #1361 on: August 03, 2013, 09:38:18 AM »

I will respect your opinion by not flaming you for liking that...Thing...

Thanks for not flaming. I'm also guessing you didn't have much luck with Castlevania Lords 1?

All I ask is that you watch the Castlevania Lords 2 trailer... I mean come'on - it's Count Dracula. Wink

Small | Large

Olivia Bauer

« Reply #1362 on: August 03, 2013, 04:42:32 PM »

The Lords of Shadow did not only manage to betray all the other Castlevania games but it flat out plagiarized other games including God of War and Shadow of The Colossus.

I'm not crying "rip-off" either, there's a boss in LoS that is directly copied from Shadow of The Colossus, right down to the weakness it has.

I don't need a game where you play as Dracula, I already have Symphony of The Night; a game that follows his son Alucard who of course has the same abilities as his father. The difference being Alucard isn't a blood thirsty maniac. In the Castlevania Sorrow series you play Soma Cruz who is a reincarnated Dracula, and the games ending can have Soma overcoming his past life or he can become the new lord of darkness.

Honestly with Lords of Shadow being riddled with QTEs and having nothing to do with the first series, upon playing I became immediately disgusted by it. That game to me is a complete betrayal of a classic game series. I also tried the demo for Mirror of Fate. It makes me want to shatter a mirror and slit my throat with the shards.

Hatred Hatred Hatred

VenomX73

« Reply #1363 on: August 03, 2013, 05:16:26 PM »

Ok. I understand.

Have you ever played Super Castlevania 4? That's my favorite.

---

I'm still in the middle of Castlevania for PSP - I need to finish it someday.

Olivia Bauer

« Reply #1364 on: August 03, 2013, 10:46:50 PM »

Ok. I understand.

Have you ever played Super Castlevania 4? That's my favorite.

---

I'm still in the middle of Castlevania for PSP - I need to finish it someday.

Oh dude! The PSP Castlevania was my first! Unfortunately I don't own a copy of Super Castlevania IV, but I do have a working SNES.  Wink

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 133
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.