Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:14:49 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 133
Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 818788 times)
cqmorrell
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2007, 05:06:03 PM »

PS2: The King of Fighters 2006; Taito Legends 2; Sonic Mega Collection Plus; Soul Calibur 3; WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007; Mortal Kombat Armageddon

Emulators: Ultimate Mortal Kombat Trilogy (a hacked version of UMK3 with every character ever feature on Genesis)

Am somewhat patiently waiting for Smackdown vs Raw 2008 featuring ECW (I've been an ECW fan since about 1997 or so).
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2007, 08:35:40 PM »

I've been playing a stupid amount of Guitar Hero II and Geometry Wars on the Xbox 360.

I also just finished The Darkness, which nobody ever seems to talk about but I thoroughly enjoyed.  I also have Bioshock and Oblivion to get through, but like I said, I play stupid amounts of GH and GW.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2007, 08:38:58 PM »

PS2: The King of Fighters 2006; Taito Legends 2; Sonic Mega Collection Plus; Soul Calibur 3; WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007; Mortal Kombat Armageddon

Emulators: Ultimate Mortal Kombat Trilogy (a hacked version of UMK3 with every character ever feature on Genesis)

Am somewhat patiently waiting for Smackdown vs Raw 2008 featuring ECW (I've been an ECW fan since about 1997 or so).
I still play ECW Anarchy Rulz from the PS1.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2007, 09:10:56 PM »

I've been playing a stupid amount of Guitar Hero II and Geometry Wars on the Xbox 360.

I also just finished The Darkness, which nobody ever seems to talk about but I thoroughly enjoyed.  I also have Bioshock and Oblivion to get through, but like I said, I play stupid amounts of GH and GW.

Darkness is pretty good Mofo.  I rented it from Gamefly and it was a surprise.  It could have been a standard FPS but the demon elements and such added another level to it.  The only problem I had was that the main character didn't seem very much like a mobster to me, more like a metal-head.  Oh well.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Jason
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2007, 10:19:21 PM »

I'll tell you what I am looking forward to, and that's Assassin's Creed on the 360. It looks like a freaking awesome game. The game the Thief series for PC could have been if supported well enough.

"Being grown up isn't half as fun as growing up" - Kris Roe, The Ataris
Khaz
Bad Movie Lover

Classic.

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2007, 08:16:40 AM »

I'll tell you what I am looking forward to, and that's Assassin's Creed on the 360. It looks like a freaking awesome game. The game the Thief series for PC could have been if supported well enough.
That it does! I remember Thief on the PC, it was a pretty good game, and when i saw Assasins Creed it brought Thief to mind for me too. I had a blast playing that one, slinking around in the shadows, shoothing noisemakers, then running up and braining the guards who were looking the other way. Kind of nice to play a FPS where it wasnt all running around fragging anything that moves TeddyR

I see you are playing stupid... Looks like you're winning
Torgo

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2007, 05:44:47 PM »

I've currently been kicking it old school with Gunstar Heroes (GENESIS), Super Metroid (SNES) and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1).

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2007, 06:30:26 PM »

Still trodding through OblIVion here. Just finished the main storyline up and decided to stop wearing my homemade invisibility suit to finish the missions I haven't done up to this point. Went to the arena and cleaned house to become the new champion and am setting my sights on finally doing the Fighter Guild missions. I might go through the Daedric Altar missions too, then put the game away for a while. Super Mario Galaxy is coming out in two weeks, as is Godzilla: Unleashed, so I want to make sure I'm free. After that, I might jump back to OblIVion and download the two expansion packs and work through those while I wait for Super Smash Bros. Brawl to come out in February. Considering renting Manhunt 2, but considering how underwhelmed I was with the first and how the graphic death scenes are all blurred beyond recognition this time, I'm not so sure I even want to bother renting it.

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2007, 06:53:43 PM »

N64.  Best wrestling game ever.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2007, 07:26:12 PM »

I wish I could get wrestling games based on the old territories the way it was...the AWA, NWA, WWWF, Toronto, Texas and Tennessee.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2007, 07:51:21 PM »

I wish I could get wrestling games based on the old territories the way it was...the AWA, NWA, WWWF, Toronto, Texas and Tennessee.

Ah, but if you're willing to put the time in, you can always recreate your favorite old school wrasslers in the new games' create-a-wrestler modes! I usually just make the craziest, most outlandish beings possible, but these modes are usually detailed enough that you can customize everything.

And yes Happy, No Mercy is indeed the best wrestling game ever... I just wish I could figure out why my N64 doesn't want to let me play it on my current television...  Question

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2007, 09:47:29 PM »

Still trodding through OblIVion here. Just finished the main storyline up and decided to stop wearing my homemade invisibility suit to finish the missions I haven't done up to this point. Went to the arena and cleaned house to become the new champion and am setting my sights on finally doing the Fighter Guild missions. I might go through the Daedric Altar missions too, then put the game away for a while. Super Mario Galaxy is coming out in two weeks, as is Godzilla: Unleashed, so I want to make sure I'm free. After that, I might jump back to OblIVion and download the two expansion packs and work through those while I wait for Super Smash Bros. Brawl to come out in February. Considering renting Manhunt 2, but considering how underwhelmed I was with the first and how the graphic death scenes are all blurred beyond recognition this time, I'm not so sure I even want to bother renting it.

Fighter's guild is fun, I just finished the Mage's Guild for the first time  ... . . did you do the Dark Brotherhood yet?  I think you would LOVE that one!

I've played Shivering Isles and liked it a lot; haven't gotten the Knights of the Nine yet though.  It's definitely a fun game.  Did you play Morrowind?  Graphics not as good as Oblivion, but the storylines were better, on both the Mainquest and the two expansions.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2007, 04:05:01 AM »

I did indeed go through the Dark Brotherhood missions Indy and it's fun to be able to bring along a sidekick with me now! The problem is that she always gets in the way when I'm fighting something, so I accidentally strike her and she runs away. Bah! Finishing the Mages Guild quests is great because eventually you acquire a staff that resurrects dead characters who will follow you around and fight for you... for 30 seconds.

I did play Morrowind and I agree with you that the story was better. I also preferred the spells and item enchanting in Morrowind. It was much more detailed and you could use crazy levitation and leaping spells that allowed you to jump for miles or just walk across the sky. It also didn't make you buy houses, you could just kill someone and start living in their house. I put over 100 hours into Morrowind, but when I handed my XBox over to a friend to have a mod chip and hard drive put in, the dumbass erased my save game... though now that OblIVion has me interested in Elder Scrolls games again, I may have to head back to Morrowind and kill another few hundred hours... heh heh.   Cheers

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2007, 05:22:14 AM »

Lately, I've been slugging my way through BioShock on my Xbox 360.
I'm about 75% of the way through it after countless hours of totally addictive gameplay.   Thumbup

----------------------------------

(I still play some Call of Duty 3, but not as much as I used to)

Aside from Bioshock, I've been completely hooked on The Orange Box.

Five full games on one disc for $60.
You can't beat that deal.

Check out the cool video review of all the games in it below...

http://www.gamespot.com/video/934384/6180869/the-orange-box-video-review-1 Small | Large

What really makes The Orange Box so badass is Team Fortress 2!
This is a killer game that offers a whole new look but still retains the overall "feel" of the original game Team Fortress Classic.

------------------------

Recently, I beat Gears of War and got down on several games of Uno on Xbox Live Arcade the other night for the first time in a couple of months.

I pre-ordered my copy of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare a few weeks ago.  It's scheduled to be released November 5th. 
I can't wait!   TeddyR

And after watching
this video review Small | Large
of Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock, I'm seriously considering dropping the $100 to get it.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 01:07:55 AM by Ash » Logged
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2007, 06:52:10 AM »

And after watching this video review of Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock, I'm seriously considering dropping the $100 to get it.

Ash don't bother waiting any longer, go pick it up and get addicted like me.    Thumbup  I haven't played 3 yet but its on my Xmas list. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 133
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.