Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:05:21 PM
714415 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 133
Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 827093 times)
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #1500 on: April 05, 2014, 01:38:08 PM »

This reminds me, man. My friend Richie Knucklez, who I mentioned several times, has a classic arcade business at two locations in New Jersey. www.richieknucklez.com    I also posted earlier that his independent movie "The King Of Arcades" is due out soon. If youforgot any game from the 80's you'll probably see it the movie (or in Richie's private collection like I have.)  If he doesn't have it. no one does  Smile

I've definitely heard of him and watched some of his videos.  I bet he has Star Castle as well, which I am trying to figure out how to beat.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
VenomX73

« Reply #1501 on: April 05, 2014, 02:32:11 PM »

I've never even heard of Star Castle (arcade right?)... was that an Atari 2600 game too?

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
Javakoala
« Reply #1502 on: April 05, 2014, 03:58:51 PM »

God, I remember playing Star Castle when I was in college. That game prompted more foul language out me than I care to admit.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #1503 on: April 05, 2014, 05:43:24 PM »

I've never even heard of Star Castle (arcade right?)... was that an Atari 2600 game too?

It was a really hard arcade release from 1980.  You must blast through a space cannon's defense, which are like 4 series of rotating rings.  Once you break through them all you can blast the cannon, but it can blast you too.  3 space mines leave the rings on occasion to try to ram you.  Very tough game.

I'll get back to that game again when I have the time and patience.  Now onto another old game, CARNIVAL.  A fun gallery-type shooting game with ducks, owls, and bunnies.  The ducks actually can break away and eat your bullets!  Take out all the targets (rotating pipes, animals, bonuses) and go to a bonus round where you shoot a bear as much as possible before he escapes.  Various opportunities pop up to increase/decrease your bullets/score, and you can even turn off the music if you want.  Classic!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1504 on: April 05, 2014, 06:25:04 PM »

I just bought ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE.  Now as soon as my PC download the MASSIVE patch required for gameplay, I can get started saving Tamriel from . . . well, everything, from the look of it!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Javakoala
« Reply #1505 on: April 05, 2014, 08:29:59 PM »

I just bought ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE.  Now as soon as my PC download the MASSIVE patch required for gameplay, I can get started saving Tamriel from . . . well, everything, from the look of it!

I hope you enjoy it, Indy. Word of mouth hasn't been good, but then it did just come out. If it works like most other MMORPGs, you had better learn how to be part of a team; otherwise, you'll be getting screamed at by some 15-year-old with a sense of entitlement and a mouth dirtier than the bottom of a slaughterhouse Dumpster.
VenomX73

« Reply #1506 on: April 06, 2014, 02:36:19 PM »

Battlefield 4 MEGALODON EASTER EGG!!

Jim H

« Reply #1507 on: April 06, 2014, 03:48:12 PM »

Yar's Revenge was originally going to be a port of it, if memory serves.  You can tell in the similarity in gameplay style.  But there's no official Atari 2600 version.  A HECK of a lot of Atari games have "Star" in the name though, which is why it might sound familiar.

I believe the only official port was to the Vectrex.
VenomX73

« Reply #1508 on: April 06, 2014, 04:43:42 PM »

Oh yes. Yar's Revenge was awesome... I played the hell out of it.

Couchtr26

« Reply #1509 on: April 08, 2014, 12:24:54 AM »

Finally Goat Simulator.  The game that all others try to emulate but can never succeed.  Starting as a small goat, you work your way up the ranks through clever deception and careful marshaling of your units, then when all seems before you, you must face off in a 10 way fight for dominance.    Sounds good right?   Yes, but no I'm playing the same Goat Simulator everyone else is and while enjoyable would like to see a new map which I hear is coming out soon.  (It is, however, very stupid fun.)

Ah, the good old days.
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #1510 on: April 09, 2014, 03:30:02 PM »

This reminds me, man. My friend Richie Knucklez, who I mentioned several times, has a classic arcade business at two locations in New Jersey. www.richieknucklez.com    I also posted earlier that his independent movie "The King Of Arcades" is due out soon. If youforgot any game from the 80's you'll probably see it the movie (or in Richie's private collection like I have.)  If he doesn't have it. no one does  Smile

I've definitely heard of him and watched some of his videos.  I bet he has Star Castle as well, which I am trying to figure out how to beat.

Yep, Richie does have a Star Castle.  There is no beating it, you just keep going up against faster enemies.  The idea of the game is to break the spinning barriers around the enemy ship and hit it, which destroys it and gets you to the next level.  Complicating that is the pair of little ships that cme out to harass and destroy you.  This is a very tough game!   And as JavaKoala said, yes, the game does conjure up frustration-induced foul language.  I can personally attest to this  Smile
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #1511 on: April 09, 2014, 03:31:46 PM »

I hope you enjoy it, Indy. Word of mouth hasn't been good, but then it did just come out. If it works like most other MMORPGs, you had better learn how to be part of a team; otherwise, you'll be getting screamed at by some 15-year-old with a sense of entitlement and a mouth dirtier than the bottom of a slaughterhouse Dumpster.

Which is why I stopped playing because of little a***oles like that...sometime I'll have to tell you about this kid who wouldn't shut up during an online session on Payday 2......
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #1512 on: April 09, 2014, 03:38:16 PM »

Also, I'm playing Cobra Command on the Daphne laserdisc player for Windows. It's 100% accurate repro of the original game and looks absolutely gorgeous! Anyone remember this great anime laser game from the mid 80's? The opening sequence and the destruction were mind blowing:

Small | Large

Josso
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1513 on: April 10, 2014, 10:27:41 AM »

Oh my god! Random memories, I used to play a rip off of this game on mac when I was a kid called Cyclone

cqmorrell
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1514 on: April 10, 2014, 12:59:19 PM »

More 3DS stuff this time.

Super Street Fighter 4: 3D Edition - Not much to really say, it's SSF4 ported to 3DS. Controls are a bit awkward to me, but then again I'm used to playing SSF4 on 360. A feature I liked was that every single alternate costume was included, makes up for the lack of DLC.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II - A great port of another excellent fighting game. Controls, for whatever reason, felt less awkward than SSF4's. Gorgeous visuals and plenty of nice anime-y character designs. If it's wrong to admit I have a "geek crush" on Noel Vermillion, I don't wanna be right.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 133
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.